Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
He was playing cs:go last night while the servers are down and is very good at that game too. I think he was a 1.6er, he accidentally called mirage map "strike."

It was actually hilarious watching him play CS because he is so drat calm and the cs environment is ridiculously toxic. At one point he said "I think I need to be 15 to understand these people." Everyone just yelling stupid things at him and him staying so calm and just chuckling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
You can mute global chat in PUBG and it has no bearing on your team or how you play. If you are playing to win in CS with a random team, your talk needs to be on to communicate with your team. But yea, internet gaming in general is pretty toxic, you are correct. I muted PUBG global chat after about my first ten seconds when I initially bought the game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It's gone, for now.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcvey posted:

Let's get him goonmanning asap

Man I haven't goonmanned in ages. Still get all the requests on steam, I just play PUBG way too drat much.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

HatfulOfHollow posted:

What is goonmanning? I’m assuming this is something that happened in the discord. Should I join the discord?

As rex already said, its a pick up game of cs:go. The normal term is called a "ten man," in which two people become captains and select their teams. Being it's a community from SA, they called it goonmanning.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The replays are extreme jank and the jittery crosshair means nothing.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Entering a vehicle still cancels out the landing animation, for those looking to save precious frames. Gets you moving a bit faster than you would otherwise on foot, could probably hop out and shoot faster as well?

Not today

I'm mad as hell that I choked on this triple, would have been p sick https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyPlumpChickenBrokeBack

i laughed pretty good at the "thats not him"

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

First: Seems legit with some luck involved.

Second: lol.

Maybe it's just that I spend a lot of time watching really, really good people play video games :shrug:

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 2, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

On top of the no-recoil the biggest tell is that after making a shitload of noise he immediately puts his gun away to run for a loot box that's at least 200 m away. So he clearly has no idea what he's doing

level 2 pack and no kar98, plus he's got 2:30 til the blue moves in

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

somebody killing me because they camped some dumb area for ten minutes would piss me off way more than a hacker.

Had a guy camp the warehouse pipes on the second floor of the warehouse building in Miramar, I raged pretty hard. Will never not check that, now!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Nice clips!

I had some trouble with my GeForce Experience settings, otherwise I would have treated you to a nice and quiet jetski tour around the islands east of Miramar, followed by a leap off the lighthouse cliff.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering, the loot up there is nothing special, same as the mainland.

I hope the three guys I left on the first island had a nice firefight before the last one died to the zone.

Those three islands rule, particularly the farthest north one. Always some lvl3 gear and kar98's. Also if the boat/ski doesnt spawn you can swim pretty easily, although it takes a couple minutes. I've never died to the blue landing there.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Anyone else having problems with taking random damage dropping from your chute and also flying off of buildings when trying to land on them? It's just since 1.0 for me... I don't mind the change in the speed/angle of the drops, just seems I take a ton more random damage and also fly off of roofs that I would surely land on pre 1.0.

And on the sound, yea, it's mixed horribly. I don't mind the loud crate planes and red zones, but they become SUPER loud for me because I feel like I have to turn up my volume to hear footsteps when it is quiet.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Sorry for the not great quality, but, clips!

https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingSwissBadgerCoolCat

On my way to getting a dinner.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveSplendidNigiriAllenHuhu

And then this one a minute or so after.

I almost potatoed the last guy, thank god for extended mags.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dangerllama posted:

How on earth are you guys able to tell so quickly where the fire is coming from? I’m usually flailing around like I am the chicken dinner.

Years and years and years of playing counter-strike (sound). Also, always be aware of your surroundings, enemies are going to be in cover at rocks and trees. Try and remember where those are so you can zoom into those areas when you hear fire coming from that general direction.

Notice in that kar98 clip, the first thing I zoomed into was that rock, and he was just to the right of it. I scoped the rock a few seconds earlier, so I knew potentially an enemy could be around there.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Went back to them today, and meh. I was lucky, the islands were in the first circle. This is the result of looting the entire north island which I had to myself. Note the lack of lv3 gear, no SR and not much meds. Found two ARs, kept this one. I maintain the islands have the same level loot as the other towns.

:shrug:

It had three lvl3 helmets this time.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That's not half bad! Luck of the draw, I guess.
Worth going there if you don't mind a slow start.

I think the next map should be snowy Austrian alps, with old castles and monasteries, some lakes etc. Abandoned ski resort. Huts. Resort hotels.

Definitely a bit of a slow start, I agree. But with the new map, half the server dies immediately at pecado or hacienda and then there are 30 left when you leave the island.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
You guys are using the kar98 if you find it... right? m4 or scar + kar98 is the best loadout.

They need to fix the AK to make it viable. It's so trash from medium to long range that everyone drops it as soon as they find an m4/scar/m16. It's a fantastic close range killer, though. But so are the other guns.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Obviously, streamers are really good, but they are using kar98's and the m4/scar every single time unless they get a crate drop. People who are striving to be good at this game should be using those guns when available, because they are the best guns.

The kar98 headshot is the best video game kill since the cs 1.6 deagle headshot.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol if you haven't been saving your BP so you could buy up a bunch of new crates and immediately sell them for stupid amounts of money.

come on guys we've seen this pattern repeat itself how many times across how many games?

I think you are forgetting the weekly limit on crates.

But yea, you should save up 22k in BP starting now guys, and buy 6 crates immediately when the patch drops, and sell them for real monies.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

Uhh the crates will be hot for weeks because of the limit, so save up more than 22K or whatever.

True, I forget that I am a crack addict to this game and usually hit 5 crates a week :(

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Gonna get a real good laugh when 4 of my 6 crates are wanderer/survivor.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

keyframe posted:

Are there locations where you have a higher chance of finding AR/SR suppressors or is it completely random?

There are locations that, on average, have better loot, but it's still entirely random. RNG. (someone correct me if i am wrong)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

No Safe Word posted:

Why does anyone do this to themselves?

Yea, I don't get it. I am always actively looking for a fight unless the circle is closing within 20 seconds, then I'll wait it out under cover and make my next decision.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Arkangelus posted:

Have the devs actually given a reason for removing zeroing from the 2x and 4x? Really annoying change.
Also did parachuting change at all? I can't tell if its the elevation differences on Miramar, me just being bad, or something else but I'm having a lot less trouble landing exactly where I want without adjustments. Previously, I was using the bomb towards the ground at roughly ~300m from target.

1.0 changed parachuting a ton. Slowest speed is ~126km and you need to be horizontal to get it. When you pull your chute, you drop more straight down right away rather than farther out to your projected target.

It's also poo poo for landing on roofs and taking random damage.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I hit the shot of my PUBG life last night in a duos match, and then got to the end game 1v1 and fuckin' blew it. Woulda been a 7 kill and 4 kill duos win, instead it was a 6 kill and 4 kill duos 2nd place and I legit whiffed 30 bullets on a guy (I got him down to a sliver of health), he healed up behind a tree, and murdered me.

I went to bed sad and hungry.

Will post the kill later.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 10, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Why would someone with the best aim on the planet need an attachment that helps with aiming? :smug:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
A cool thing I did, probably my second best shot ever in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAv6SNqv-CQ

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Matazat posted:

I got 21k BP back from the reimbursement, looking forward to uncrating a bunch of new red t-shirts over the coming weeks

sell your crates and use that money either towards other games on steam or cool video game pixel poo poo that you will never unlock by unboxing crates yourself

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
There was an error where when you died, zero BP was being given to you. Apparently they had all the data to hand out the right amount of BP to people who were getting zero. I play this game too much and only got 6,000 :shrug:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Oh my god didn't know, guess I didn't get my "chicken dinner" as they say on reddit lmao amirite

(is that what you wanted?)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It writes chicken dinner in game when you win.

underage at the vape shop posted:

which he'd know if he didnt lose lmao

lol

I need to start playing with some goons. I've played a couple a long way back, but nothing since.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It is absolutely the lvl3 helmet with little to no health left. If you have a broken level 3 helmet on with full health, a kar98 cannot kill you. Use higher level armor until it is entirely gone. That number is the durability number, not how much damage it's going to block.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Space Skeleton posted:

There are definitely some folks around who are oddly attached to TPP, suggesting they play FPP usually just makes them annoyed or angry and they drop group.

I am the opposite. I would drop from a group playing TPP. I refuse to play it. I actually only bought the game when FPP came out.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Neutrino posted:

Watching some of the 'hail mary' kills he makes, I wouldn't doubt he hacks.

Shroud is just really, really good at video games.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

Why would anyone want to watch this person? They aren't very good and they seem unpleasant.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Moody?server=na

Yea, he's horrible. (Unpleasant, absolutely. He doesn't seem fun to watch.)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Doorknob Slobber posted:

actually it looks like you're second place because you don't know how to shoot guns

https://pubg.op.gg/user/MCRANDELLOmefi?server=na

:catstare:

How is this game fun for you?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea, ping-lock isn't something "wrong" with the actual game. Those are just lists of bugs.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

BraveUlysses posted:

im guessing you reported him and guess what? still playing, still hacking like crazy

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/digits553/squad?region=agg

AVG DMG PER MATCH

K/D RATIO

https://pubg.op.gg/user/digits553?server=sea

He's played three total games, 8 days ago. Doesn't seem like he's still playing.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

These videos are sooooooo good.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What would you say your base minimum items would be for saying "ok, this is enough to fight in the final circles I don't need to look in any more houses"

How many healing items, what tier armor, anything besides a assault rifle.

Are you fine with iron sights or just a red dot? are there any attachment slots your fine leaving empty on certain guns?

Yea, it really depends on the map, and how far away you are from the circles starting to form.

My min. would probably be: level 2+ everything, m4/scar with 150+ ammo, 4x on a sniper (preferably a kar98, but a 4x on an m16 has been something I enjoy lately), 3 boosts, 2 kits, 10 bandages. As far as attachments, I'd be fine leaving them empty, but if you didn't find any attachments going into the final circles, you are doing something wrong.

Obviously, these are minimums and not the ideal perfect loot I would like going into the final circle. When you kill people in the final few circles, your loot usually instantly becomes a ton better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

underage at the vape shop posted:

You're a full blown loot goblin if this is your minimum

If you don't have these things going into the final few circles, you looted wrong, didn't kill anyone, or started at some lovely yellow houses and have been running to other lovely yellow houses for 15 minutes.

Like, maybe one out of every fifteen games I play I don't have that stuff going into the final few circles (when I make it that far).