Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

daslog posted:

Just curious, what's the cost of the game to the Chinese? I'd be surprised if they charge the equivalent to 30 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Goffer posted:

I think you meant jump pads

Also new guns

Every game would involve 80 people hitting the pads and then dying to fall damage.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

I do not often get kills but I'm proud of this one :unsmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcS7gFtmdQ

Also I don't know why it has my mic sound recorded but not my game sounds?? Thanks GeForce Experience :confused:

You've got it set up to record a separate mic track and youtube doesn't mix multiple tracks or let you swap between tracks.

IIRC it's just a box you need to uncheck.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's not the ping that's the main problem, it's tickrate. When tickrate drops down to like 2 in the final zones (not hyperbole) it just compounds everything.

Is there anything backing up claims of such a low tickrate in the endgame?

Low tickrate in the early game when the server was struggling with the number of players was well established and plausible but the tickrate tanking in the endgame makes less sense.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

did they make it so that if you were way out in the blue you take even more damage? Had some weird loving poo poo last game we waited camping a bridge, killed the dudes but the blue passed us. After they were dead we hopped in the car and started to get out of there and we all started dying like we were being punched to death, but it said play zone killed us.

The amount of damage done increases with each change in the play zone, and in october they changed it so that distance from playzone is also a factor, where the further from the play zone you are, the more damage you will take.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
To what extent has the goon playerbase dropped off?

I got bored of the game a while back, when getting people together was already getting difficult due to low numbers of active goons in the discord, and having looked in the discord more recently, at various times of day, there only ever seems to be 2-3 playing at most but usually there is nobody.

Did the goon playerbase just drop off below the threshold where it appears to be too hard to get a game together so nobody bothers anymore or is it a wider problem with the non-chinese playerbase, where most of the player drop-off is with the people who got sick of bumping into laggy or cheating players and moved on to fortnite?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Dying Light was made by the guys that made Dead Island, iirc they had been developing what was to be the sequel and the publisher pulled the rug out from under them and said that another dev was going to be making the sequel.

So techland released Dying Light to much acclaim while all that Dead Island 2 ever got was a pretty good trailer.

That trailer was back in 2014, in 2016 they parted ways with the dev who promptly went bankrupt, and found someone new, apparently the game is still being worked on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Remember that time he shot the tires out of a UAZ that we needed to get into the circle after I carefully wiped the squad driving it????

No regrets.