Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

opt posted:

primetime NA has the lowest player count through the day

Bingo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

You can judge it based off the markings on a scope. Each scope has various range finding points based on their characters size relative to the markings that you can memorize. Wackyjacky101 on YouTube has some pretty great videos on the subject if you can spare 30 minutes on the subject.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Ignore the aim points, and I think this is still accurate for range finding? Honestly since they've been updated, I haven't bothered to see if there's any new graphic so this may not be accurate. At this point I just aim center of mass with the chevron (^)and it works up to 300 yds most of the time. I believe wackyjacky101 has put out an updated video (5 or 7 minutes long) with some of the updated info.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 30, 2017

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Switch to fpp if you're having issues with hackers. You can now hold to ADS change so set up your mouse to use it instead of toggle to ADS. It makes the game feel so much more natural, and helps get rid of cheaters in the process. It's miles better than TPP.

Three-Phase posted:

That’s a good explanation.

What I was doing was a sort of “guess and check” approach. Ballpark the elevation and lead and fire a few shots adjusting and once I saw a blood spray I went into a faster “fire for effect” mode since I was hitting the target.

At this point I don't really bother to pick fights greater than 300m. You won't be able to loot it more than likely, and are just calling attention to your position by doing so. Due to that, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages with long range fights imo, so don't stress range finding too much unless you're pinned down by someone way off in the distance. At most you're taking out someone who wasn't a threat while revealing your position to everyone else near you.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 30, 2017

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

NNick posted:

I've played about 10 games and I've started to get 3-4 kills per match. I got a double kill with a crossbow yesterday from a fairly long distances. This is a fun game to shoot mans.

I have no idea how bullet fall-off works and/or 'setting your scope'. Is there any recommended guide out there?

NNick posted:

I agree - I was hoping there was something a bit cut-and-dry.

Too lazy to pull up the links since it's late, but watch WackyJacky101's videos on youtube. He has videos on using both the 4x and 8x since the update, as well as analysis on bullet patterns. They're probably the most concise things on the subject. I haven't found any updated images since the last time someone posted about this.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 5, 2018

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Any chance we could get these added to the OP? I see people posting about range finding and bullet drop on a regular basis.

Rangefinding with the 8x scope

Rangefinding with 4x sniper scope

Aim points are out of date, but range points are relevant.

How to hit moving targets Part of this is out of date at greater than 300m. tldr; aim one body length per 100m.

AR recoil patterns

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 6, 2018

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Matazat posted:

Which is better, SCAR or M4? Assuming each is fully kitted.

Also, vertical grip or angled grip?

WhatEvil posted:

I have no empirical evidence but the m4 "feels" better.

Here's some evidence proving that.

Angled foregrip is the better of the two. The vertical foregrip only reduces vertical recoil, but vertical recoil is easy to predict. Angled is the only attachment that reduces horizontal recoil which is a lot harder to predict since it can go either left or right.

cyanidewolf posted:

The actual correct answer is M16. Of course.

It actually got nerfed hard in 1.0 and has the worst recoil pattern of the 5.56 guns atm. Bluehole wanted to make it an early to mid game gun you'd eventually drop. It's no longer the powerhouse it used to be.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 19, 2018

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Lol so now FPP is being invaded by hackers. Apparently there's a hack to force yourself back into TPP in FPP.

Reddit source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7ym84n/i_just_watched_a_cheater_on_death_cam_i_was/

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Lol that loving Mavericks game. Who looked at PUBG/Fortnite/BR games, and was like you know what this needs? 4x the players.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Anyone happen to pick up an Island of Nyne preorder? It seems like an actual good iteration on the battle royale genre.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

It looks like PUBG followed the RGB trend. What would you say makes it any better?

RGB trend? Anyways, it looks like there's less loot goblining, <15 minute rounds, and a smaller more interesting map. The part of pubg I like is the tense combat, less so spending the first 5 - 10 minutes looting then hoping to run into people until we're down to the last few circles. The mid game has gotten really stale in pubg lately especially with the recent circle changes. I'm also hoping the devs are more competent than Bluehole, and there won't be nearly as much hacking. The only thing I saw during various streams that I didn't care for was there was no knocking in squads.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

New map preview. I can't wait to play this. It looks so good.