Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they live in Asia, incompetently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Seriously lol if you didn't instantly mute global chat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it really does look like someone playing with a controller, not in a bad way but it does

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sarcasmatron posted:

In what way? I'm always interesting in feedback. I'm not very good at this game. I *am* having fun, and wish to continue improving.

I guess your mouse sens is really low, so when you pick up your mouse and put it back down it looks like someone making quick movements with the right stick. also, a lot of your aiming looks to be done with WASD

both habits are good, honestly. I would have probably choked in that situation. the only suggestion I could make is maybe use a bigger mousepad so you don't have to pick up your mouse so much

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Elman posted:

So the new Nvidia postprocessing feature is basically a hack.

Without:

With:

Look at the shadows. This poo poo shouldn't be allowed.

you can't be serious

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah well it helps more people than it hurts, get a VPN if you want

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yep I got killed in duos by a team who knew about a bulletproof fence set up prone in an alley

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

don't participate in twitch chat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Parallel Playa posted:

The steam overlay kills fps

anybody have any proof of this?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll report back with a comparison between steam overlay being on/off later. I'm right on the verge of a constant 60 frames at 4k.

If you want to see how well UE4 can really run, try the UT alpha.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like Miramar, there's vehicles everywhere

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Odobenidae posted:

Now that the novelty has worn off for me the new map seems a lot worse than the old one in nearly every way.

Map
- Larger than the old map, despite old map being arguably too big already. Largeness is exaggerated by it being in a desert environment which means relatively little tree cover and now there's more than a few large wastelands with absolutely nothing in them.
- Half of the interesting/unique places are placed on the extreme edges of the map. Has anyone who made this map ever actually played the game at all because this is the most confusing part by far.
- The blue circle at times is almost impossible to see ingame due to the map being so much brighter, this can easily gently caress you up big time in the final few circles.

Vehicles
- VW Van is practically useless off of paved roads or on anything steeper than the slightest vertical incline.
- The truck spins out almost as much as the buggy and is oddly unstable at high speeds. Isn't that bad for the map but it is garbage compared to the UAZ after the 1.0 vehicle physics changes.

Buildings
- Most if not all buildings have less loot in them and are needlessly larger in general. Cities have more individual houses as a result, there's probably the same amount of loot overall as the old map it just makes it more of a pain in the rear end.
- Houses have windows facing forwards and backwards but none on the sides. Some buildings have windows which seem to be purposefully designed to be impossible to shoot out of, and it's only made worse with the ARMA style gun control.
- Larger buildings/apartments now have dozens of windows on each side, have fun playing where's waldo in the middle of a big city trying to figure out which of the 63 currently visible windows someone is lean peeking through to shoot you while only exposing 30% of their head.

hoo boy this is just whiney

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I changed a couple of settings on the Nvidia overlay (hdr tuning and "shadows") and didn't get any FPS loss

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't really need to change my name, but it is pretty weird that I can't

I mean this is the perfect example of a game that does not benefit from permanent screen names

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The rain covering footsteps was the whole point. Turning up your volume and complaining that guns are too loud is supremely stupid.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

They should bring in the G3 or FAL

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also the FG42 would be a cool 7.62 gun, seeing as it was the same caliber as the kar98k

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

encouraging kids to gamble: not a great look

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I always finish people off. My friends and I know that sometimes one of us will die and have to watch. It's a fun game to watch, anyway.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lower vertical sensitivity is pretty common in FPS games. y'all have probably played plenty of games with it and never knew it, so you could not become OUTRAGED

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I distinctly remember being told to git gud when I said I preferred the Uzi over shotguns in this thread

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man AR family rifles are ugly

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

do y'all think the fact pubg is on an unreal engine precludes valve from buying it and making it good?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It would be cool if there was a tdm mode with actual respawns and poo poo, because really there isn't a good game like that out there. CS and cod are hitscan with small maps, arma is for ultra-nerds, and battlefield just plain sucks rear end

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gently caress skins

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

People obsessed with the war mode and think the regular game needs more loot should probably just play a different game. The whole genesis of BR games is from the survival genre.

:jerkbag:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

y'all are some whiney fuckers

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

can't wait to walk around slam firing the pump shotgun

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I always figured damage drop-off was a relic of hitscan days. Anyone have a good line of reasoning for why devs still include it in games with real ballistics like this one?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nobody likes taking shots that seem like they would hit, but don't because of some contrived bullet drop / muzzle velocity wizardry. that poo poo isn't fun

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

abigserve posted:

I can agree with this simply because I think it's way easier to land one KAR flickadawriss than it is to land 3 shots with any of the rifles at reasonable range

Nah

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a wave? at sea? chance of a million

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

It’s real cool that the new scopes have default sensitivity settings instead of something sane like maybe using the custom sensitivities you already set for your other scopes. was cool and good playing my first game and being unable to use the 6 and 3x

you can't be serious

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I tried to shoot the groza on full auto after the patch and ended up shooting the sun and dying.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

who gives a poo poo lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just let me delete the fuckin crates already

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gently caress all that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nothing like getting head shot from full health in a speeding Dacia, only to watch the death cam and see the dude's reticle 20 yards off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Probably 15/20 of my last kills have been with the Uzi. Nobody expects you to actually switch weapons and close gaps in a fight. It out damages ars every time.