Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Vahakyla posted:

I'm not being a dick, I am sincerely curious where the hacking is in that first video? He is third personing you to death from that bus all he can? Or who am I spectating? I don't know how the replay works.

You joking? He obviously has both aim hack and wall hack. The aim hack you can see by how he snaps to the heads instantly even without using ADS and see how the aim lock stops as soon as the first guy is dead. The wall hack is a little tougher to spot apart from him trying to shoot a guy through a wall at some point. Look how he kinda looks at the enemies through walls and moves accordingly not checking any other areas along the way. He even spots the guy laying prone in the bus through walls and decides to go for that guy instead of the dude in the house.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Pretty sure they are talking about the rubber banding.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Elman posted:

I play EU FPP and the only fishy death I've had was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcEjMSsiVRw

It's hard to believe he spotted us there, and he didn't even hold his breath. He hit my friend a couple of times and myself 3-4, downing me. The way his aim snaps between the two of us (and a third guy maybe?) seems off too, but it could just be replay hijinks.

Still, that's a single weird one in ~40 hours of play.

No es muy falso. I think he is legit. Tough to tell though due to the death cam being an especially janky mess in this instance.

On a different note. Any of you guys tried comparing full auto while holding your breath and without holding your breath. I feel like it might be easier to control if you don't hold your breath which seems crazy to be.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

That drat Satyr posted:

Did I miss a patch note, or is it a bug that 4x scopes can't be zeroed anymore? It feels like just a couple days ago they were working and now.. not so much.

It's in the notes. Only iron, 8x and 15x can be zero'ed now.

Concerning learning the bullet drop and how much to lead I think you just have to get a feel for it since you don't really have that much time to think about it most of the time. It's only at very long distances (300+) where I will be zero'ing at all and it's rare that I will take at shot that far anyway. Once in a while it can be very useful though. For general play I don't think you need to worry about it since at distances out to about 200 m you just aim at their head. Keep in mind though that if you are shooting up (seems counter-intuitive) or downhill you have to compensate by shooting lower than you would normally.
For shooting running targets a good rule of thumbs is to lead approx. 1 body width per 100 m out, if they are running perpendicular to your line of fire.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 5, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Crawl in the grass until area is small enough that you are confident you can spot the enemy standing up, the stand up both simultaneously. If that's scary, spend all your grenades in random directions before standing up. Of course, load up on every booster you have too.

I'm not always a fan of throwing grenades in those situations since that could give your position away while the chance of hitting a nade isn't that high. Sometimes though if I haven't located the last enemy I'll throw any grenade in a random direction to bait him in to throwing one too in the hope that I'll spot where it's coming from.

That said in FPP I hate circles ending in wheat fields, especially if I get there late and have to lay down to med up. I just want to stay standing looking for the snakes.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 5, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

In open field circles I usually don't bother with them either, unless I have a bunch of frag grenades and know general direction of the target. Still could be useful, especially if you have smoke grenades, to just poo poo the play field up a bit if you are not sure about pushing in whoever is left.

Smokes actually seem like a good idea to give yourself some cover while you stand up. I'm gonna try that next time.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WirelessPillow posted:

Why exactly did they remove the ability to add an 8x to the M16 but no other AR's?

I agree it seems weird. Before I'd happily run something like M4 close M16 long range but now I don't really pick it up since I might only find an 8x and then my setup makes no sense. So I'll be running just an M4 with maybe a shotgun instead and just swap scopes back and forth if I don't find a sniper rifle.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

Silencers arent good.

Maybe they are better on xbox since a lot of people might not be playing with headphones?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Space Skeleton posted:

I know, still greedy as hell though.

You don't seem to realise that companies need sustained income if we want support and updates for years to come (10 years etc.). It has 100% been the plan to introduce MTX since the beginning, not just because PUBG happened to be very successful, and is most likely in some contract somewhere as a requirement anyways. MTX isn't inherently a bad thing either, e.g. Path of Exile has a great model in my opinion and is probably the only reason why that game is as good at it is and is still around.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

The Mash posted:

Hey gently caress you.

Stop actively argueing against the interests of the consumers when you are, in fact, the consumer

I don't see how cosmetic MTX is against my interests though?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
I'll always use a SR suppressor, even with the SKS and mini since a comp doesn't change much and suppressors are cool (suppressed m24 with a quickdraw mag is the most satisfying thing ever to use ever).

The problem for me is with the AR suppressors where I'm never really in a setup situation where I find them useful. I run AR's for close range most of the time and here a comp is just too good not to use. If my long range gun is also an AR I'll slap a suppressor on that no problem but most of the time I will run a shotgun for super close and swap scopes on the AR for long ranges instead of picking up a 2nd AR. I guess I could swap a suppressor also but meh.

For SMG's a suppressor is a no-brainer though. gently caress SMG's though.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 11, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

underage at the vape shop posted:

When you hear a crack, it sounds 90 degrees to the plane the that the bullets are on. When you see the bullets hit the trees and ground, you can tell which direction they are in. With both of those, you can figure out roughly +-10 degrees where he is. If you cant hear the gunshots over the crack, it means they are very close, this is true for both supressed and unsupressed.

Its easier with practice, and if you have headphones with a wide soundstage. Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

You can clearly hear the suppressed gun rapport coming from the south in that video, at least in my earbuds here at work. There is definitely a difference in headphones and how well you can hear in this game though. My duo partner can't hear for poo poo and I have to point out where people are shooting us from a lot of the time.
His headphones are using USB which means it will have some software built in right? Could this mean that his headphones might need a driver and that he has cocked that up somehow?

Le0 posted:

I'd say silencers are really only somewhat useful in solo, as soon as you are playing duo or squad they are useless because you can never find enough of them to have the whole team with them and therefore compensator is best in that case.

Haven't started using your teammates as bait yet I see?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 12, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jerkface posted:

lets just suppose you cant find enough, if you have 1 or 2 guys with a suppressor you can pull off some gnarly flanks and baits if the unsuppressed players have any guts and the guy with the suppressor has any balls.

that being said, these things come in bunches. In squad games we're almost always comped out and if we have a suppressor we probably have 2 or 3 or 4 between various classes of guns.

I don' know about your squad games but when I play there is rarely enough coordination/enough fucks given for only the suppressed people to shoot. Also we generally gently caress around a lot (shooting at each other, destroying each others cars, etc.) in the mid game where long range battles would happen. So we can probably be heard from a mile away anyway a lot of the time.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Eh we play to win but still have enough fun loving around with friendly fire flashes and memes. We have 3 players in the top 300 squad fpp right now. You just need to be on the same page when it counts.

For example if everyone is shooting see if your suppressor cant take a wide flank and nail enemy team if they advance or bust their cover. Or rotate your squad and leave the suppressed guy behind to surprise the enemy squad.

I don't think a suppressor is needed to do any of that and if your flanker needs a suppressor to win the fight he needs to shoot better :cheeky:

I agree though, if you can get the coordination going that is of course ideal but since we often squad with a few different people in the 3rd and 4th slot I doubt we will ever get to where "only suppressed people shoot" will be followed a majority of the time. Mostly cause we if you hit that sick Kar shot it would be " totally worth it, right"? Which I kind of agree with. We have a semi-casual approach and we win often enough for that to be the most fun I think. Winning a game where you have been having extra fun along the way is great.

And ofc there is a time and a place to gently caress around. It was a little exaggerated though we did win a game yesterday where 3 of our vehicles were intentionally shot by a teammate along the way.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 12, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
I'll try thinking about it next time I'm playing, but I don't think I pay much attention to the supersonic cracks, besides them alerting me that I'm being shot at. I'm more listening to the gun rapport. If I can't hear the gun rapport whether suppressed or not they will be far enough away that me making evasive maneuvers will be enough to not get hit. Also it helps to be aware of your surroundings and positions where enemies could be shooting you from at any given time. This can narrow your "search" down of only a few directions most of the time.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Why are people so against buying an SSD for their pc, jesus. Having a PC with windows installed on an SSD is so loving awesome. It must be because they haven't experienced it right?
The 50$ to get an SSD is not for PUBG, it's to get a freaking SSD because they rock. That it helps with PUBG is just a bonus. Get an SSD is what I'm saying. Do it for yourself. You are worth it.

Even though my PC is something like 2 or 3 years old by this point I still get exited every time I power it up since it boots so fast.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 14, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Matazat posted:

Which is better, SCAR or M4? Assuming each is fully kitted.

Also, vertical grip or angled grip?

M4 all day.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

cyanidewolf posted:

The actual correct answer is M16. Of course.

If only it could still take an 8x. It's potentially kind of useless if you only find an 8x. At close ranges I'd rather have an M4 or a shotgun and long range the M4 is pretty freaking good anyway if you don't find a bolt action gun.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

anybody have any proof of this?

No, because when you turn it off you can't see your fps duhh!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I play PUBG on a slightly older gaming PC with a GTX770 2GB. When I play, the game performs as if all the characters were wading through water - movement and aiming are all sluggish. This isn't an effect of movement momentum alone, even spinning in place is sluggish. It dramatically affects my aim, which is far worse in PUBG than in CS or TF2 or DOOM or even the UT alpha.

The effect seems independent of framerate. I tried turning everything to minimums, giving me 50+ FPS most of the time. The slow feel did not go away.

Is this a common problem? Is it a settings or performance issue, or a deliberate part of the engine?

I mean 50 fps will still feel sluggish imo, and if you are used to playing CS and TF2 where you would most likely have at least 3 times the frame rate I could see it being noticeable. Does the sluggish feeling stay constant or does it wary a bit, perhaps depending on where you are in the map?
Does Vsync give you input delay in PUBG same as in CS? I turned it off from the beginning so I haven't tried with it on. Maybe try turning it off (if it's not already off) in the Nvidia control panel?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 23, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I very rarely get the guns that I need practice on in Pecado. :-)

I suppose at the last few circles you're up against top players, and getting killed by them doesn't hurt your ranking too badly. Assuming this ranking system is indeed based on ELO.

Check out op.gg for stats and how many points were added or deducted per match. You don't have to get that far in a round before you are in the positive and your rating is going up. It seems a bit like you can grind out a higher rank not by being extremely good at the game and winning all the time but by playing more games and just finishing in the top 1/4 or somewhere around that.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Elentor posted:

Top 1/4 is a massive loss in points after a while. Even 1/10 can be.

I'll be honest, I could probably write something that does that for any top 1000, maybe top 100 in some regions.

I mean I'm around top 0.2 % in duos and I gained 1 point by finishing top 14/47 and 7 by finishing 9/43 recently. So I wouldn't say 1/4 is a massive loss in any way. Maybe when you get even higher?

Also concerning how much kills matter, it really doesn't seem to be that much. My duo partner has a K/D of 0.75 over the last 20 games and I have 1.80 but our overall rating is only 36 points apart.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 24, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I'm the two guys who get into a pissing contest that either of them could extricate themselves from by just backing off into cover and heading for the circle but instead we just keep peeking and shooting and healing over and over until the blue comes and kills us both.

This hits so freaking close to home. Together with getting into a pissing contest with people too far away and getting flanked while doing it, is probably some of our biggest problems. It's just the hit of getting a sweet rear end long range 1HKO is too good and happens just enough for us too keep chasing that high.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

miramar is very feast or famine when it comes to vehicles.

I think most of them just spawn in or very close to cities instead of near junctions and long roads.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

BraveUlysses posted:

this applies to the blazer style SUV but not the pickup truck. the blazer definitely gets hairy when you are at 90-100% of max speed.

i really like the pickup truck
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=44
The trucks are fun to drive. I only which I could be more precise with my inputs, or you spend a like half a second turning the wheel before you are full lock, so I could control the oversteer better.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

comatose posted:

Why is that even a thing lol

You don't like bullet drop mechanics? This is how it works in real life. Shoot low uphill.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

but if you don't know its happening you will just run up next to your buddy who will murder you, its funny, but it sucks also

Literally just happened to my duo mate. He came back and I shot him in the rear end until he yelled in discord. That would have been the second time I'd killed him that round if he had died there. Was a little disorienting in the beginning but honestly not that bad and kind of cool once you get used to it and we ended up winning despite it. The worst part is they don't show on the minimap either.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 27, 2018

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

Few things:

Driving in the final circles is risky if you don't have to do it. Maybe you did IDK what your sitch was before the start of the vid. When you drive somewhere, everybody around knows (approximately) where you stopped. Since those houses were some of the only buildings in the circle, it was obvious where you were. You can drive, stop a bit outside the circle and run in and it makes it less obvious where you are. Depending on where the blue is you may run into other people while doing this too though. Driving isn't wrong - it can be very useful and you can use vehicles for cover in low cover final circles, but you need to account for other people's knowledge of where you are. Same goes for when you get into a fight, don't kill a guy and think "well that fight is over", kill a guy and think "well everybody around heard those gunshots now so I should be careful" because myself and people like me will generally move towards gunshots and try to take people out while they're still out of position or on low health etc.

Jumping into a building in the final circles is super risky because they're usually already occupied by the time you get there, but not always.

The main thing is, you ran outside of the house without even checking for people in front of you or trying to stay in cover. You exposed yourself to basically everywhere to the S/W/N (more than half of the circle) when there were still 17 guys left. ALWAYS be mindful of where you are exposing yourself to, unless you know for sure where people are and aren't. Even if you already know where people are, be aware of people potentially flanking around behind you etc. At that late point in the game, you should always be moving in cover unless you can't avoid it, and always be checking in different directions.

To expand a bit. I find that driving and attacking a house like that can be fine. He parked in a good spot and got inside fast. When I do it though, I expect to clear the house from the inside, unless I'm 100% sure nobody can be around close to it. The problem especially in this instance was that the hill to the W/SW of that house is very good and therefor always very popular, especially since it was at the edge of the next circle. I would 100% assume that someone would be on the hill until I could prove otherwise.
This highlights a general tactic that is very good to keep in mind at all times and that is to always limit the amount of angles you can get shot from, ideally to only the angle you are looking at. This needs to be on your mind at all times. When moving around clear one angle at a time before exposing yourself to more. Slice the pie. Also getting in to a prolonged fight (+5-10 sec) while exposed to more than one angle can get you pinched real fast. Its OK to run from a fight or relocate if you don't like the terrain around you.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
The only police stations you should visit are the ones in Miramar.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Good soup! posted:

cool, new patch, that will probably fix my-

lmao welp, looks like im gonna try to reinstall and maybe one or two other things but if that doesn't work, so long for now pubg, guess I'll take a break for a few weeks like I had to do months ago :sad:

I see bunghole has looked at dark souls for inspiration for their art direction. Normally I wouldn't complain but this might not be the right choice here.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Yesterday me and my buddy were racing towards the next circle in a bronco and decided to cut through Pecado since the surrounding area is difficult to off road. We knew it was risky since the blue hadn't reached Pecado yet, so we said good luck to each other and I kept it floored. "Easy" my buddy exclaimed when we reached the far edge of the town and of course our vehicle got struck by a hail of bullets in the same instant.
Even though luckily only our vehicle had taken any physical damage, our egos had taken a hit and so we decided that the unknown enemy had to die.
In an earlier game long ago we had been the victim of a silly yet very effective trap and I wanted to try to replicate it. So knowing the enemy had to move due to the blue closing and that the route we were going were their highly likely exit I parked the car next to the road to make it look like a spawn and we hid behind it.
We were exposed from all angles but the road we had just come from, while gunfire could be heard from just on the other side of a nearby hill, but we didn't care and about a minute later we had our sweet revenge. We were giggling like school girls as we drove off.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

speedtek posted:

Had a good time riding you guys' coat tails last night!

*Hit points 2*

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Looting in Miramar is all about knowing what buildings are worth it to loot and skipping all the bad ones. Generally I skip all apartment buildings unless I got stuck looting in a poo poo city or ran out of good buildings to loot.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

How much RAM do you have?

From experience: 6gb is not enough, 12gb is enough (I have a weird tri-channel system so 3 modules). I suspect 8gb is also not enough or just on the cusp.

Make sure you at the very least shut down every other program when running PUBG.

I think 8gb might be cutting it close but might also highly depend on the rest of your system and what you have running in the background (I generally close my browser if its hugging more than 1 gig). I personally have 8gb and can load in, in about 5 sec every time.
My relevant system specs are:
6600K stock speed atm.
8gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz (dunno if the game really likes DDR4 and that might be why my 8 seems to be better than others?)
EVO 850

So nothing cutting edge.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
What's ya'lls favourite cars when going for road kill games? I noticed the blue dacia guy seemed to be mvp in one of the vids posted earlier but he might just be good.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

uniball posted:

2BIKE: assassin. fastest vehicle. has the added minigame of air control, which means a competent 2biker is technically the strongest offroad class. hard for enemies to track and unload on in full auto, which is a huge survivability boost early game. you'll usually be going so fast that hitting a bad boy is instant death, aka "kick that poo poo under the fridge". almost impossible to shoot out tires. a must-have for vehicle-to-vehicle combat - if you master the techniques, you can send an enemy dacia flying 50m into the air. low HP. turning is tricky, though you can get used to it. if you hit an invisible Map Mistake and you're not both lucky and a 300apm air control player, you're gonna be asking your friends embarrassedly if anyone has a first aid

Tell me about this anti-vehicle strategy.

uniball posted:

3BIKE: spellcaster. second fastest vehicle. much better hitbox than the 2bike. evidently it's getting fixed at some point but currently you can cast Ground Pound by switching seats while airborne, so feel free to take the craziest possible jumps you can find. you can still use it for effective vehicle-to-vehicle combat/erangel space program, though it's harder. turning is...asymmetrical. turning radius is horrific (on both sides). very low HP - it might be the same as 2bike? but it feels lower, probably because you're more likely to take damage with it. by far most likely vehicle to get you killed in a single-car accident. best use case: taking you and your friends to find different cars, though

So are you saying you can fix any jumps where the 3 wheeler behaves unexpectedly (only this loving vehicle does this) by swapping seats mid air?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

They'll never make a snow map, because no one can decide if snow is quiet or loud.

Snow can be both.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I was honking it way faster when I was playing, but the replay only saved half of the honks

Do you know if honking really fast works in game? I hope that's just an artifact of the replay

99% sure it works in game. We usually honk tunes to each other when we drive in different vehicles. Replays never properly show full auto sprays either.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i spray the poo poo out of people with the m4, currently my favorite guns are probably something like m4, scar, ump, mini, kar

The M4 is all you need. I covers all ranges. If I find an M4 the 2nd slot rarely matters unless I find a bolt action sniper rifle. I tend to carry an over under shotgun for uber close range if I don't find the sniper but it rarely gets any action thought it can be godlike it certain situations.
When carrying an M4 just swap between scopes and single/auto depending on the situation. Even if you get caught out a little bit the M4 with a 4x is still fine down to about 50 m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

cougar cub posted:

I always thought the top % ranking was off / blatantly wrong?

Why would it be off?