Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Tweak posted:

op you forgot to mention this game has absolutely no cheaters/hackers in any* game mode

*- FPP

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

any game mode that matters

:regd08:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's a pretty big collection. but like others said you put all that poo poo on an hdd. i got a 4 terabyte harddrive for movies and music. i haven't had my games and os on anything but an ssd for close to a decade at this point.

this is how i do. actually got to 7th on my last game but that was a frustrating one because i kept trying to start fights just to practice and teams would just load up in a jeep and drive away once i start sniping. fight me you cowards. i only ended up killing a guy who landed near me but away from his squad and then someone near the end trying to outrun the blue.

A cute trick I've seen people do is to use suppressed handguns to pop tires. Handgun suppressors are reasonably common and iirc you can't hear them at all (not even the muffled retort) outside of 100m so you can ninja people's tires before picking the fight. If they try and load into the car, they're basically sitting ducks.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

:shobon:

that was adorable

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
A Korean friend of mine sent me this:

Apparently map hacks are just preinstalled at some chinese computer cafes. It looks kinda like pubgmap.io to me but I can't read any of the text and he can so :shrug:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Carecat posted:

That was debunked it's just a helper overlay.

Ah, gotcha. Are they A) game legal and B) available in English? I have a loving terrible time remembering the drat plane path after I drop.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I frequently load into game, have noises and controls, and a black loading screen for visuals. I can even tell when the plane is flying and have tried to box with a friend of mine, while blind, based on our footstep noises.

Also within the past few times I've gone to Hacienda, it didn't fully load until I was inside and suddenly a pool table loaded into me and I was clipping inside of it and stuck.

The game is coming along but it still needs a lot of work.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I have 16 gb ram, game is not on an SSD because I don't have one.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Before anyone says "well then get an SSD," having the game be on an SSD as a requirement to have a functional play experience is beyond stupid.

Also, one of my frequent squad has his on an SSD and it doesn't matter, he gets black screen bullshit regularly still.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

As stupid as it may be, that’s the way it is.

It's also an indicator that the game is still a flaming trash heap in a lot of ways and needs a ton of work

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Actually now that I think about it, I load fine onto Erangel (usually with enough time to gently caress around in the lobby for a good while), it's just Miramar that causes problems.

I honestly wonder what's up w/ that

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Is there like, even a point to a level 1 or 2 helmet or should I start looking for fashion hats? I just got ohko via an m16 wearing an undamaged level 2 at full health. like wtf is the point?

That wasn't an ohko, one headshot bullet from an m16 into a level 2 helmet does about 60% of your HP iirc.

(headshots are roughly 2-2.5x damage compared to body shots, right?)

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Well it was one shot. Not a burst. I think I recorded the death cam, I'll see if I can find it, not that it matters.

Someone else may have shot you at about the same time. :shrug: The other day I had what seemed like an ohko from full hp to a Mini-14 headshot while wearing an undamaged level 2 helmet (ie something that also can't happen, Mini-14 headshots on a level 2 helmet deal about 65 damage) and was baffled until my teammate picked me up and my formerly undamaged vest was also torn basically in half, and then the duo we were fighting knocked him when he peaked and the knock-hit was a Kar98. My ohko was actually a Kar98 bodyshot and a Mini-14 headshot within about half a second of each other. Groups syncing up to put multiple shots into someone all at the same time, while not super common in my experience, is definitely something that happens and is good and smart play.

If you were solo, idk what to tell you. Might have been fuckers teaming or a glitch or something, but that shouldn't happen. A lot of weapons are one hit kill to the head if you don't have a helmet, looking at this chart off googling for pubg headshot damage, everything that isn't a pistol (or shotgun if they whiff most of the shot) will ohko on a headshot if you don't have a helmet, and won't if you even have a level 1.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 16, 2018