Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Doorknob Slobber posted:

weren't they originally saying that they had been working on two new maps? when are we getting weather back? I miss rain and fog.

As do I, the rain was really cozy. I heard the bone version still has it so I guess there's still hope we'll get them back on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I mostly like the desert map but there are times I just feel like playing one map over the other and being able to pick needs to get added in. The biggest issue I have with the desert map is that it feels like the plane's path almost always goes straight over the middle and it gets really repetitive feeling, the circle also tends to be in the same few general areas near the middle of the map too. There are big chunks of area that I basically never see or get a chance to do anything in because the circle algorithm is so boring.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Game is finally back up for me.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Not enough to be the most popular game on steam, they just have to keep pushing more micro transactions ceaselessly? I don't want to see their stupid esports ads in the game and I don't want this poo poo either.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Other than the online bits the test range does sound pretty great though. They put more effort in than I'd have expected.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Guess I won't be playing the game this morning!

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Just cancel and re-ready...? Those times are literally never accurate.

That was one of my last tries after waiting over half an hour, the estimated time is worthless but I had plenty of time to post while waiting for nothing to happen.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

The changed inventory controls loving suck. I keep trying to drop parts of stacks like before but when I hit a number key it jumps the quantity of what I'm dropping to max. Why would hitting 2 max it out instead of setting myself to drop two energy drinks?

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

The perks in blackout sound like anti-fun to me, are they as bad as they sound? I just can't imagine it feeling fun to die to someone using those, ever.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I'm incredibly happy to see map select getting un-ruined, I almost never get the original map and I miss it dearly.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

If you don't check the use anticheat box in the new launcher that pops up when you launch the game (looks like they slapped it together in a minute) then it'll say it's launched battleeye anyway but you won't ever queue into a game. You probably checked it but just in case, figured I'd point it out.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I was able to redeem the BP compensation reward thing twice, they haven't revoked the extra one, at least not yet. Even that was buggy...

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I find unlooted crates with AWMs all the time, this patch sounds completely miserable. I don't think being rare justifies being bodyshot instantly if you don't have a level 3 vest.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

No you don't.

ok?

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I still get the bug where rarely, when you're dropping an item for someone to take, it'll clip into the ground some and still be visible but can't ever be interacted with again, which can really suck if you're giving someone something nice. Really frustrating sometimes.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I don't really want more maps when I can't even play on the ones I specifically want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

The Mash posted:

Played a duo game on Miramar the other day. PC, EU.

At one point, my teammate gets knocked but is in solid cover, and it's a long range engagement with empty land and the edge of the circle behind us, so I figure it's safe to sprint over and rez him.

When I get ~10 yards from him, I see a player in the empty land behind us, that we had previously checked, coming from the complete opposite direction from the long-range engagement that has us pinned. I have to abort the rez and reposition to avoid getting murdered by this totally random flank, eventually both me and my teammate die.

Watch the replay later. The game had 74 bots out of 100 players. The guy behind us in no mans land just spawned there. Wasn't there before. Great.

Jesus. The bots just spawn in mid-game?