Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Maybe it's just third person. I have maybe 100 games since 1.0 (in FPP) and haven't seen a single hacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The top of the leaderboard is hella contested. I was rank 466 and got an 8-kill win and it only took me to 465.

edit: nvm it just didnt update the rank# even though the actual rating got higher. 223

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 27, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

I'm not being a dick, I am sincerely curious where the hacking is in that first video? He is third personing you to death from that bus all he can? Or who am I spectating? I don't know how the replay works.

look at the name of the guy who posted and then the guy in the bus.

edit: did they finally figure out how to ban speedhackers? I'm wondering why all these people are just playing with esp+aimhacks. do they think that makes them 'good' or something

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 27, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Zaodai posted:

Assuming that's true (which is entirely possible), it also the highest viewer count on streams where they get a bunch of their advertising for free? I mean half of Asia plays on NA anyway. It seems odd that it would have the highest footprint on twitch in primetime and then a lower playerbase, but stranger things have happened.

If it's just "start of the business day" though, that's incompetence. They sure make enough money to have people work a different schedule once in awhile. It comes with the territory of being a super-successful dev.

The higher viewer counts on twitch, which is not the only streaming site nor the most popular one in China or Korea (though that may have changed)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's a Korean developer with direction from player unknown who made the BR mods for Arma 2and3

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ye that tweet is what started the whole conversation

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think it's from top ten that you aren't receiving BP. I can't give a gently caress about it though. I enjoy playing the game for fun, not to grind loot boxes

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mine only show the controller prompts if I have it plugged in when I start game.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tweak posted:

is it too much to ask that guns be loaded in before the first batch of people are parachuting to roofs

yeah it used to not be this way, i dislike it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dyz posted:

No motion sickness, better visibility, and driving is better especially in cars like the dacia where your character’s head seems to be touching the roofin first person.

That's weird my wife gets super sick when she plays games in third person.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

slap me and kiss me posted:

Shroud killed me and then looted my helmet and silencer by the church. Felt famous.

you didn't kill him?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

For people with 660s does the game run good for you now?

my dad is using a 660 witha 3660K? (not overclocked) and he gets around 50-60 fps

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

patonthebach posted:

In one of the latest interviews PUBG gave about the hacking they implored people to record a fishy killcam and send it in to them in a post on their forums. Their spokesperson said something like "You have to show us on our forums, how else would we find out about it?" Well, maybe you shouldnt have a pseudo fake report button that does basically nothing?

Define latest because i thought in the 1.0 patch notes he said the report system including button was working fully.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He probably doesn't participate in the anti cheat

quote:

Players, please use the in-game report function to report teamkillers and cheaters. There is no longer any need to report the teamkillers on our forum as the in-game system is now fully functional. Thank you for helping us build a fair playing environment!

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/942659636141940736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 30, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Uhh... I believe you mean "half a pancake"

it's a pizza.

Three-Phase posted:

I have to face the roof/floor of the vehicle or close my eyes when someone else is driving in FPP. It makes me really really carsick. 3PP is nowhere near as bad.

yeah if i'm driving in FPP she has to close her eyes but when she's playing third person the movement and way the camera acts around objects makes her sick all the time.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Fuzz1111 posted:

There's been a few posts here mentioning that the new map comes up more frequently than the old one, perhaps that was true of test server but I'm not sure that is the case now, atleast not on OC solo-FPP. What I've found is this:
  • If I leave a game that's in lobby during matchmaking phase (before the "MATCH STARTS IN..." countdown) and re-que, I will probably end up in the exact same game that I left. I'm guessing there's only ever one game at a time in matchmaking phase per region per game-type (atleast on the less popular region/types - on OC solo-FPP it takes around a minute to get enough players to start the countdown).
  • If I leave a game that's in lobby but do so after the matchmaking phase, I always get a different game if I re-que.
  • If I do the latter (re-queing immediately after leaving) and the first game was on miramar, the second one will always be erangel (I'm not sure the opposite is true because I haven't been actively avoiding erangel, but I assume it works both ways).
It probably goes without saying that I got sick of the new map (died to blue one too many times).

1 is not true. I've tried queueing up at the same time as my friends a lot to test this and we don't find same game sometimes. I think maybe you're just in a lower population region and that may happen for you but not for NA

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

Im top .5% oc squad and its 3-4 blatant aimbotters a night :shrug:

E: oh your one of the idiots getting tribal about gamemodes
You will see less hackers in fpp because most of the hackers are Chinese and primarily play tpp. At least on na

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

can we set up a pubg whining thread like the hearthstone whining thread, where the deluge of "omg a hacker killed me" posts can go?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Xenaero posted:

M24 one shots lvl 3 helmets? I was under the impression only the AWM does this.

if they're hurt it will

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I guess they wanted one more "disposable" AR in the game apart from the AKM. I.e. they wanted the m16 to be slightly inferior to the M416 just for variety. That means less people will be landing on top of their end-game weapon which is good for making people go fight over better loot.

About the Mini, didn't they nerf it significantly in 1.0? It seems to me the rate of fire is down a lot compared to the SKS.

recoil up and fire speed down

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Magres posted:

I frequently load into game, have noises and controls, and a black loading screen for visuals. I can even tell when the plane is flying and have tried to box with a friend of mine, while blind, based on our footstep noises.

Also within the past few times I've gone to Hacienda, it didn't fully load until I was inside and suddenly a pool table loaded into me and I was clipping inside of it and stuck.

The game is coming along but it still needs a lot of work.

do you have enough ram, is the game on an SSD

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Uh if he bursts you sure it's an ohko but helmets very obviously reduce damage.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The 249 recoil really isn't that bad. The lack of attachment hunting is strictly a plus. I'd take it over any non crate AR unless I have a fully kitted m4 maybe.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

was this the test patch going live?

aka can i finally add my recent teammates to friends

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why are people paying so much for pubg skins? the only purpose of skins in csgo to brag to other people when they pick them up

they can't do that here, can they

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Oh guns stay skinned after the first person picks it up?

That's cool. They need a button to re-apply your own skin though so those who spent hundreds of USD don't have to stare at a blank beige gun though.

edit: brb buying beige skins

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mrlego posted:

It would be interesting if when knocked, you had the option of pulling a pin/letting go the spoon on a grenade. And explosions on a dead body would scatter/damage the contents of a person's backpack. So a knocked person could do the revive math and decide their team is not going to save them and decide to try and take a few enemies with them/sabotage their looters.

On the other side the attacker would have to wait to scavenge the body in case the dead dude pulled his pin and might explode. Time being money in this game, those lost seconds could dissuade looters if another threat is in the area. Also it would encourage attackers to kill knocked people before they could pull a grenade pin, scattering their backpack contents.

I don't want even more reasons for someone to finish a downed guy. It's already unfun when a guy knocks and finishes your buddy before you kill their whole squad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ring of Elysium doesn't have as good feeling guns as pubg, but j like clicking on the map rather than having to jump out of the plane. I hated having to relearn parachute mechanics each time so now i just drop like shut.

The auto equipping gun attachments (you can change them around in inventory too) is nice though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why do you need 450 rounds unless you plan on killing half the server and then not looting?

Also. FACE IT for PUBG is launching today. If you want slightly smaller servers (70?), slightly more loot, maybe some other changes, there's a chance it's decent. Also larger streamers like Shroud and Chacotaco are going to be doing their own league with their own custom rulesets.

Oh, and region locking

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 28, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

In fact it is probably actively detrimental by removing a gun from a possible fight. Unless you can't aim at all, in which case you looting anything is a mistake until the whole squad has guns.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mae posted:

It’s always my personal mission to kill swag and boom in the games I’m in with them. I’ve never seen Choco, though. He’s probably in a higher skill bracket

You can get into the same games as literally anyone if you queue at the same time.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://cybersport.com/post/ogn-100m-na-national-pubg-league

OGN investing 100m into Na pubg esports.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hellsau posted:

They're dumping $100m into NA esports, including $1m into a PUBG league.

Ah, I missread that. I was wondering what in the gently caress they'd be doing with that much.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've played a few games this month and I love the smaller map of sanhok but hate the anesthetic.

Also OGN did incredible production for league of legends and starcraft so I'm excited

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't played PUBG in a few months, but have been playing again since Vikendi came out. I LOVE the new parachute controls, it makes those precision jumps so much easier. I can actually land on the roof the of the observatory without rolling down the side of the dome most of the time.

Yeah I actually landed on a tiny balcony earlier to get into a building faster and i thought I had entered the matrix. Game runs decent atm

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It has been coming on and going off randomly all morning but if it's on at the start of a round it stays on. Maybe some of their servers are messed up.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

valve doesn't develop games anymore

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I was getting back into it with my group of friends until Apex arrived and none of us have even launched pubg since then

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Famousamos used to have extremely good vanilla creme cookies, but then years ago they made a recipe change or something and they became absolute trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Amos of Famous Amos fame was on Shark Tank. Looks like he sold off the brand and feelll on some tough times and wanted to get back into the cookie game. I guess there wasn’t a non compete contract or it’s expired by now.

I think they got bad around 2004 to 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 22, 2019