Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
What exactly are they fixing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Anyway I got killed when a dude's aim suddenly snapped over directly to where I was

That will be 75% of your deaths in this game, have fun

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"cheaters havent touched FPP"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jarRKRLs-PU

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Xenaero posted:

What region do they play on least?

Asia

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"no one ever cheats" is more aggravating than "everyone cheats" at this point. People think the only form of hacking is blatantly speedhacking around hipfiring 80 headshots a minute. It's come to the point where it seems like every conversation on hacking is scripted, invariably someone will chime in with "that doesnt look suspicious at all, gosh no one wants to admit they got outplayed/maybe youre just bad????". No you're completely right, this game doesn't have a massive cheater problem it has to be everyone who plays this game can't admit to being bad.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Can't wait to see what's said about this one https://gfycat.com/VictoriousBogusHammerheadshark

or this one https://gfycat.com/AccurateShockingAustraliankestrel

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Parallel Playa posted:

This isn't what is happening at all. The recurring situation is that someone posts a video that is hardly conclusive, at which point people respond by saying that that video is hardly conclusive. Yes, there's loads of cheaters, but there are so many situations where people just get lucky, hit a once in a lifetime shot, the game is janky, the killcam 'contradicts' itself in the sense that only one shot in particular seems strange where the rest seem to indicate regular gameplay, or the killcam is just janky overall, resulting in a questionable kill. It's also not about everyone being bad, it's about a knee-jerk reaction goons (but not just goons!) have that results in almost anything that cannot instantly be explained away being called cheats which, honestly, often just comes down to being bad at losing. It's simple: the game is a janky mess and a lot of weird poo poo happens in it in general, but the takeaway should be that losses are blamed on cheats much more often than they should be, which is bad because it results in the dismissal of any player error leading up to that loss, which in turn hampers improvement.

Think about it, how many times a day do you hit a shot where you think "well, that was bullshit luck/glitchy/the best shot of my life, that guy will be fuming when he sees the deathcam"? Maybe I should speak for myself, but I have that happen quite regularly.

As for those two videos, yeah, those are ridiculous. The latter especially is instantly clear, but that's just because recoil is weird as hell in replays and I (like HOH) haven't seen a killcam of a no-recoil hack before.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. "blamed on cheats more often than they should be" "being bad at losing" "maybe I should speak for myself", there are 3 different "ur just bad lol"s in this paragraph alone. Yes the game is a janky mess, which makes it easier to cheat in it. As clear as those videos are you can still see people debating whether or not theyre legit.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

What is it with videogames and ruining shotguns

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

There is no worse feeling than winning 3 close combat fights and then getting sniped by some chucklefuck I had no hopes of seeing

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

The Crossbow is the most satisfying weapon to get a kill with holy heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU3oY7eZaE4

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

I can believe the pinpoint accuracy thing, I can have my reticle right on someone and still miss half the shots. Then I watch my deathcam and the guy I was shooting at was making the same shots at the same speed I was and hit every single one.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

underage at the vape shop posted:

The bullets are on point but the hitreg and anti trading are not

See thats what I figured, I could fire up any other FPS and my aim would be fine but as soon as I engage someone in PUBG I transform into a potato

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Hackers are worse than people streaming the game and having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

I have no idea how TABG has 30k people online, no matter what server I try to join I either get sent back to the title screen or thrown into a server by myself.