Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/946037813820006400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yes that's the info we have.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Got my first AWM kill! Woo!

Then got taken out immediately by some guy I didn't notice in the grass like 10 feet from me. Whoops.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Scrub out the logos, rename some stuff and put it out there as "leaked new pubg map" imo.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Antisemitic slurs mandatory

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hellsau posted:

They also did literally nothing for Christmas. Bluehole is super lazy.
They released the game! Also Xbox EA (or whatever it's called there).

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Arkangelus posted:

I know it's petty but I refuse to read RPS articles on the game because they're still calling PUBG that 6+ months in.
If you're refusing to check out British stuff anytime there's a silly word then you're going to miss out on some good content.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Nuance is way overrated. It's never once won me a chicken dinner.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Seems like a decent idea for a phone app. Jump on the new* thing and create a second screen experience!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Voxx posted:

It's awful to be focused on finding movement when scoping someone down and your eyes get a split second of distraction cause someone launched hunie pop.

Just turn it off.
How else am I going to train for fighting in a real world scenario where I could be distracted by hunie pop related messages at any time!?

Also, I have friend notifications turned off by default because who wants to see that poo poo all the time? I haven't turned the steam overlay off completely, but I should try that and see if I notice any difference, because it's not like I use it for anything.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Aren't a shitload of copies sold through not-Steam though? If they don't want name clashes then they have to use their own account name system.

edit: Oh yeah, duh, and you can change your Steam name whenever like the person below me states.

odiv fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 30, 2018

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus Bluehole. Some of us have monthly data caps. :(

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus, I used to get pirated South Park episodes that were smaller than that clip.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm not really complaining, more just amazed. It was just taking a little while to load so I checked the size.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Why exactly would Chinese players stop buying the game if they could only play on the Chinese servers? I'm seriously not understanding your standpoint so please explain.
Because that's where the vast majority of the hackers would be playing is my guess.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I thought they already got and played PUBG through another online client?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Canuckistan posted:

Take off all your clothes. This reduces wind drag.

Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

This is wrong. If you kill someone quickly, they can't kill you later. You are not nearly the master of strategy you believe yourself to be.

This is wrong because my aim is terrible and they just turn around and kill me.

(Doesn't stop me trying though.)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, you wouldn't want your lovely temp textures to be the focus of the criticism you receive on the new map. Like when you're doing layout design, you use Lorem ipsum so that people don't spend a bunch of time commenting on the copy.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I won an FPP solo game! My first solo win! :D

Then I noticed the latest update had pushed me back to AS. Took the wind out of my sails quite a bit (and explained a lot), but hey, better than nothing.

I'm legit terrible, so will probably be my only win. I went back and watched some of the replay and it was hilarious how bad all of us in the game were.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I think I'd rather not know the circle ahead of time, but I'll try with it on and see how it is.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

We won't know for sure until we see it ourselves, but I would guess the latter.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Part of the point of the smaller map seems to be to skip some of that early/mid game, though. Or at least accelerate it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I thought sedans had four doors?

These patches are killing me. I play maybe once a week and I have a data cap.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Then don't play on the test servers.
Yeah, I don't. There are still fairly frequent patches of a decent size.

flatluigi posted:

You can set it up so that Steam will only patch the game when you go to play it, which should let you dodge a patch here and there
Yep, doing this already, but good advice anyhow. Downloaded a 2gb patch to play one round the other night. Whee.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Doesn't PUBG have that replay thing?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

This game is going to be pretty sweet when it's released.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Do DBNO count for anything? Those aren't shown there, but maybe it affects rating?

Also, I haven't played since the most recent update. Kind of annoyed I'll not be able to find random L3 Helmets laying around anymore. How is everyone else finding it?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

If you think gear is what matters then you need to go and watch the start of the racing documentary The Fate of the Furious where Dominic Toretto proves definitively that it's not the equipment, but the skill of the operator that matters.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/PUBG/status/1001938410062434304

This looks dangerous. Don't play with fire, kids!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I don't have steam load on boot because then it starts minimized and there's no way to stop that and it makes me irrationally angry.

Played last night on the regular servers and did way worse than normal. Whee! Didn't even see like 3/4 of the people who shot me. Chances are the squad I was with wasn't carrying me as hard as I usually get carried.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Especially after a bunch of people in here saying how useless suppressors are and that a good player will always be able to pinpoint your location.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

In reference to an early battle royale mod, I'm guessing? It's not like he's not coding pubg.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Have they said what the rewards are yet? It's just cosmetic poo poo right (hopefully)?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The nice thing about running 10 year old mobo/cpu/ram is that when your friends upgrade you can get their cast-offs for a song.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Woulda been funny if he had gotten banned while they were selling his weapon skins.

Well, more funny, I guess.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

1680x1050 maybe? edit: oh, I just searched and there are mentions of 1600x1024 as a resolution. Go figure.

16:10 is the superior ratio, fight me.

odiv fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 13, 2018

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Philthy posted:

Shroud was at the pubg LA event yesterday and looked bored as gently caress. The announcers were so loud going "AND HERE COMES SHROUDS TEAM TO THE BRIDGE WHILE SOANDSO TEAM IS ON THE OTHER SIDE" and he's like "Good job, announcers. You realize we can all hear you in our ears?" His team got wiped pretty uneventfully and he just sat there nonplussed with the whole event. You can tell he's seriously burned out on it.

I didn't catch it, but this sounds pretty bad. You can't really put it on the announcers though since it's not like they're responsible for the booths and layout. That's someone else's gently caress up.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Doc came back after some time off and got some insanely high number of viewers for his triumphant return. Choco still streams (and has gone full time), but only really posted here once or twice to advertise, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Years, huh?