Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Lmao jscubby gets a shoutout in the OP? That guy was toxic as gently caress in my only encounter with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

daslog posted:

2) I like watching his stream, but streamers that hitch their wagon to one game don't tend to last very long.

Choco talked about that when he announced he was going full time

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Travic posted:

I just got destroyed by a very blatant cheater. I have the raw video to post in the report, but I have no idea how to edit it down. How do you all do it?

I use Adobe Premiere. I am pretty much a pro if you want to ask me any questions, here's my demo reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L60Qsg7-eo0

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

sticksy posted:

I’m sure they’ll fix all of these shortcomings in PUBG 2: The Rubberbandening

e: have they ever said why Unreal engine was chosen (I’m guessing initial cost and/or prior experience with it)? While it obviously has some positives, the nature of what they wanted to build - 99 people online in 8x8km FPS - seems like it’s not ideal for UE.

Yea why wouldn't they just go the DayZ route and spend 5 years building a whole new engine???

I mean yeah you can say it's not ideal but they are the ones with $100M+ in the bank and the most popular game in the world

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Party Plane Jones posted:

$100m+? Try closer to a billion at this rate. The game has sold 25 million copies on PC alone.

I'd be surprised if it was close to a billion. Not every copy is being sold for $30 and they are probably spending a shitload on Azure. They could be sitting on a few hundred million for sure tho

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Magres posted:

Ah, gotcha. Are they A) game legal and B) available in English? I have a loving terrible time remembering the drat plane path after I drop.

You can use http://www.planepath.net/

Sometimes I'll just use a post-it on my desk and draw something like this:

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I never once considered third person because there’s a hack built in where you can look over ledges and around corners. :v:

Oh man I haven't played TPP in so long now. I probably won't ever play it again, either.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

il serpente cosmico posted:

For everyone who thinks the idea that anyone would cheat because of crate monetization is ridiculous, do you remember when Bluehole had to change the way BP was awarded to curb players from continually idling after they introduced the gamescom crate?

For reals. Do people not remember having 30+ AFKers in a game from bots farming BP?

Did they not have a weekly cap on the number of crates you could get per week back then? For some reason I thought you could just keep buying as many as you want for 7,000 BP or whatever it was.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Really the best option would be to never have loot crates in the first place but it seems like every loving game has them now.

Well if it didn't make them piles and piles of cash they probably wouldn't bother

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Danyull posted:

Has anyone experienced a weird delay between where your camera moves and when your character's movement actually follows? A friend of mine just started getting this problem. If he moves his mouse, the camera turns instantly, but he doesn't actually change direction for another second or two after. He tried reinstalling but no luck.

That sounds pretty wacky. Sometimes I double tap alt and get stuck in "free look" and get confused for a sec. That doesn't sound like the same issue though.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Do any of you know people IRL that cheat in competitive online games?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Elman posted:

Yeah, it's a shame that kind of stuff can't happen organically in this game. It'd be neat to make friends with somebody and cooperate, even if you both knew you'd have to backstab each other eventually.

Had plenty of that in DayZ!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Now that Miramar is out and we've had the 1.0 release, what do we think is the next big thing they are working on for PUBG?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

daslog posted:

It sure looks like a publicity stunt to me. He takes a nice vacation, comes back to 300+ viewers.

Lmao you don't actually believe he faked it do you?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

drunken officeparty posted:

Am I playing solo wrong by just kind of...running away? I spend most of my time doing my own thing and then suddenly I'm in the top 20 or 10 and die.

You are doing yourself a disservice by playing passively. You will rank up, sure, but your skills aren't actually improving. So you'll get to a point where you are playing with skilled players but your skills are lacking.

Land in populated areas. Take fights. Run towards gunfire/airdrops. Basically want to get as much practice shooting as you can. You'll die more, but your skills will be improving.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Didn't even know there was a rank system. How do I see what rank I am?

You can look yourself up on sites like https://pubg.op.gg/ (there's a bunch of them out there)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NtotheTC posted:

I wish there was a way to remove all attachments from a gun instantly. I get killed so often trying to loot corpses because I want the red dot from my current weapon or whatever.

Killing people while they are looting is the best

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Elman posted:

Actually the all time best is the logitech g9x. You're welcome.

Too bad it costs like $250 nowadays.

Really? I tried to ebay mine last January for $50 and nobody bought it :(

I guess I should try again?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

feelix posted:

Counter-Strike is great because it has hitscan. Hitscan is fantastic because it means the firearms are an abstraction to enable fun gameplay, and also has great bonus side effects like scaring off insufferable milsim autists and making the server-client interaction much more straightforward. Any game with non-hitscan bullets is worse for it (arena shooters with very slow projectiles excluded obviously).

Hitscan with the ranges CS deals with makes sense. Hitscan from in a game like PUBG where you can shoot at somebody 800m away does not make sense.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

1v1 on the full size map. No circles.

So...DayZ?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

credburn posted:

I didn't even know there was a rain map! (I'm still new to this game.) I would love rain.

Edit: Hey, is the "custom game" just regular matches with traditional server lists and poo poo? Because like...if you don't want random, can't you just make a server and wait for it to fill up like games used to?

Sorta, yea. You can customize all sorts of parameters like how much loot drops, what type of loot, how many air drops, health items allowed, revives allowed, etc etc. Only "approved partners" can create custom games though (mainly prominent streamers).

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Leaked screenshot of the new map: https://i.imgur.com/wmWty1F.jpg

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

credburn posted:

Hey, so, is this a dumb question? How can I change the default to FPP? I mean, I've only accidentally entered a TPP game once, but it just seems like there's an easy toggle somewhere I'm missing.

Get out of here with your trivial yet impactful UX improvements that should take less than 5 minutes to implement, they have no place in Butthole's PUBG.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Well it was fun while it lasted, but the streak is over

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hellsau posted:

how the gently caress did you get 0 kills and go less than a kilometer and still get second

I died early game and my squad went on to get second

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Do level 3 vests even exist. I see backpack 3's often enough that it is routine, helmets are a nice surprise but not shocking, but I think I've seen a level 3 vest maybe 4 times ever.

Where do you usually drop?

My squad usually drops military when we play Erangel, usually at least one of us ends up with one, often times we have multiple level 3 vests.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dude that is loving awesome! Nice work!!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
:lol: my buddy killed CORAL from the walking dead and summit1g yesterday. Couple weeks ago same friend killed deadmau5. He's on a roll!
summit1g: https://clips.twitch.tv/BigSoftRatCeilingCat
carl: https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulEntertainingKiwiBabyRage

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It has all the skills, sure, but new players die so quickly that you spend 90% of your time on the killscreen. Playing like overwatch or something is a lot more practice/min than CSGO, at least at the start.

Or just jump as soon as you can and cut your teeth in the Thunderdome

Hop on some aim_map in CS for relentless practice

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Discospawn posted:

I'm pretty sure they're changing the loot spawn rates on the Test Server daily without telling us, as we've gone from no Snipers on the map to finding Kar 98s in every building.

Also, the new parachuting system is another case of something they must've spent a lot of time and effort on, and I can't imagine anybody will give a poo poo about it. Seems like they should've focused more on fixing the 2-month-old bug that reset your PoV if you jumped out the left side of the plane (WHICH IS STILL PRESENT).

Didn't they juice the loot spawns on the other new maps when they were on test? Then dialed it back after launch? Or am I mis-remembering

I am perplexed as to how that PoV bug was there in the early days of PUBG, then they fixed it, and now it's back, but it also survived the parachute revamp. How in the gently caress?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

zapplez posted:

I am one of the few people in the thread that likes to play in third person mode though

:barf:

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I assume this has already been posted countless times in this thread, but https://beta.pubg.report/ is sooooo cool. Search for your username and it finds all the streamers that either killed you or you killed them, and links to the vod so you can watch it. Twitch needs to make this an official thing with every game.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

TwainEethry posted:

ayyy saw the SA referral in google analytics and had to chime in to say the site is goon made :)

Such a cool idea. Well done dude!!

I was gonna report a bug but I think you fixed it. My buddy was having trouble searching for his name "tuomas". Before it was showing some partial matches but the exact match was ranked too low so it didn't appear in the results.

fletcher fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 8, 2019

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Rex-Goliath posted:

how does this thing work? does pubg publish additional info if the user tied their account to twitch?

That was my question as well. Since my twitch username & pubg username are totally different, I wasn't sure how they were linking them up. The only way I could think of was OCR on the stream itself...seems like quite a feat if that is the case.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My friends recent highlights reel was pretty sick: https://streamable.com/9m3de

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Is that dudes mouse Y axis inverted? The only time I saw him visibly controlling his recoil he was pushing forward

Yup, he plays with inverted mouse & ESDF.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

wolrah posted:

It amazes me sometimes how much effort people will put in to trolling. I at least kinda get the cheat vendors who advertise their wares in their usernames, when they're showing up constantly in the kill feed of a popular streamer that probably drives sales, but the idea of constantly creating burner accounts and cycling money through them just to gently caress with people is somewhat mind boggling.

Seriously. That guys life must be so sad to be wasting it on dumb poo poo like that.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Thanks to the player who killed me and then told me my mic was hot.
gently caress you to Bluehole who keep resetting the mic setting to "open" with seemingly every patch.

Luckily I've had my mic disconnected until tonight, or these last 20 games or so would have gone even worse...

Sooooo many players have hot mics and don't know it, and it is always hilarious to mess with them

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My friend's new montage is pretty sick: https://streamable.com/qehxw

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Willfrey posted:

Yea. I don't mind them cutting out the guns to avoid lag but muting the voicechat was kinda lame. If people are antisocial weirdos and don't want it on they can mute it with a keystroke

Yes all of us antisocial weirdos that don't need to have somebody screaming the N word at the start of every match...

You really miss that? Sure it can be fun but the other 99% of the time it's Captain N-Word being an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

hawowanlawow posted:

I haven't listened to any public voice chat for like ten years lol

You should definitely turn it on once you are in game. It is incredibly common for somebody to be talking on the public channel without even realizing it. And it's loving hilarious every drat time.