Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Just bought this game last weekend. Been waiting for the desync fix. First kill was on a rooftop. Myself and a squadmate parachuted onto a roof with an enemy. Said enemy punched my squadmate unconscious. I then punched the enemy unconscious, then crouched down and punched him to death. Luckily my noob self remembered to revive my squadmate afterwards :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

Anyone else ancient (30+) and think this game plays a lot like the multiplayer in the first Operation Flashpoint game? I mean that in a good way fwiw.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I mean it was an arma mod so yeah definitely has roots in operation flashpoint

That explains it then for sure :)

FunOne posted:

No, but parts of the gunplay really kicks off an Action Quake 2 vibe and I do not know why.

I could see that from the way handguns feel.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Got my first Chicken Dinner this weekend playing squads with three Chinese dudes. Still haven't got to try the new map yet :(.

Is there anything you can do about "servers are too busy" ? I seem to get that when its update or patch day, and its persistent event after patching and restarting.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Soarer posted:

Servers go down along side a patch. So while they push the patch to you, the servers are also getting patched up. Yesterday's maintenance was 8 hours so no one in the US really got to play during prime time. Their Twitter account will have when they went down and expected down time. Typically it is 2-3 hours though, not 8.

Thanks for that info. I've only been playing for about a month, and it was kind of a mystery to me as to why that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

Sylink posted:

Is there some weird bug in this game where you can't fire your weapon?

Seems to be when I have a scoped weapon and a not scoped automatic. After switching from the close range to the SLR/scoped gun, I try to fire a bunch of shots in a row and nothing will happen. Either 1 shot will go off, then subsequent ones never fire, despite mouse clicking. Or maybe nothing will go off at all.

Which is very frustrating when you are shooting some guy and no bullets go bang bang.

Google shows a few other reports but I'm not sure how to consistently reproduced other than it seems to happen going from something in full auto to a scoped weapon/sniper.

Resurrecting the pubg thread to answer this question!

I use my gaming PC hooked up to my main TV as a monitor. When I had an older TV, I ran in to this issue constantly. Turns out that (at least at one point) fire rate and trigger timing were tied directly in to you refresh rate on your display. My older TV was a black Friday special that only ran at 30Hz, and it would happen on pretty much any gun on full auto. I could use burst fire decently and snipers were fine, but I also noticed it when I would be using a DMR at range.

I have since gotten a newer TV with a higher refresh rate, and on the rare instances I play PUBG I haven't noticed the issue. So, like 90% of the issues in PUBG, you can chalk it up to dumbass shortsighted dev decisions.