Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Nah, he's j4g.

$10 is $10 imo, and I suspect lowtax agrees. He could stand to post once a month though... In any case, he's good and fun to watch and made a miniscule point to recognize our braindead community. Even if he doesn't make the op, watch the dude for good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Elman posted:

Did they ever fix the fact that higher foliage settings were a disadvantage? A lot of people online say you wanna set foliage to very low, but those posts seem to be old.

Reasonably sure they normalized the foliage advantage, but you shouldn't expect grass to grant cover beyond 100m.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Maybe it's just third person. I have maybe 100 games since 1.0 (in FPP) and haven't seen a single hacker

For what it's worth, that's great confirmation bias. The game is mostly hacker free, but there are many hackers still at large. Those two videos are pretty clear, though I'm not sure if replays will show FPP or if they came from FPP games at all.

This always gives me a chuckle...lan cafes need their ips to not get banned, yada yada yada

https://youtu.be/VXkN15XaC-c

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Patch notes on steam says they're fixing the one way fences, some falling damage issues, missing BP rewards (with compensation later), and some server launch problems. Also making the death cam only viewable after 3 min.

They go out of their way to say you're an idiot and there are a ton of reasons why the game is a laggy mess and that they helped break it by updating the engine and they'll keep working on it indefinitely.

Oh and 50/50 map selection.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Some folks had trouble with headphones because their software was trying to send 4.1 to them.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

For range finding, don't forget that mini squares are 100m. Once you approach a place, pop the map up for a half second to get a sense of how far out you are from a landmark.

The old acog 4x used to have really hosed up markers. It was changed in 1.0, I still recommend zeroing if you have time so you don't have to rely on the graphic, or just getting a feel for the drop of your favorites.

I definitely recommend watching the whackyjackies, but I found the most useful one to be this one about range finding and leading targets:

https://youtu.be/tq08-vlJEBg

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

While this is true, that official Twitter was before BGs, and also had this in the comments:

"Reports currently only work against the player who killed you. You don't have to keep footage, although you can submit video evidence to us via our official forum as a separate report. (link: https://goo.gl/tvUt4E) goo.gl/tvUt4E -H"

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Plunkbatgrunds

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

wolrah posted:

How is it against my interests?

I don't give a gently caress what my character looks like, half the time I'm running around in my underpants anyways. How does Bluehole making more money harm me? It actually helps me in a slight way. I play the game, get BP, trade BP for crates, then sell crates to pay for other games. I've paid off the cost of the game itself, a Steam Link, and a few other games entirely by badly pretending to be a bush.

efb. Even if I couldn't make money off these dumb crates, there's a somewhat indirect correlation between bluehole's profits and the quality improvements of the game.

I took offense at the American dig. We're usually blind to capitalist intentions, but this is as close to dota's cosmetic-only model as I can find. I mean color changes are always questionable in these kinds of shooters, but, so far, all but a few make you more conspicuous rather than giving you an advantage.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

underage at the vape shop posted:

Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

I offer you this term: "audiophiles". But I guess it isn't quit the same thing.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Blowdryer posted:

I've been told the AK is very accurate for the first 2 shots. Kind of like CS.

No better than other ars and it's loud and has the worst bullet velocity of the lot. It'll do in a pinch but drop it as soon as you can unless...I dunno...you don't want to drop your 7.62.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

If we're posting selfies, I want to say that I'll never equip another non-shoe item than the ones I got the first couple weeks (I still swap on blue hi-tops whenever I find them):

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Wowie. 120 people arrested for developing cheats in China:

https://dotesports.com/pubg/news/pubg-tencent-hackers-120-arrests-more-20246

Bloomberg link:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/tencent-cracks-down-on-cheats-in-world-s-top-selling-video-game

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 17, 2018

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I thinks the main issue here is China, as always.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Snapes N Snapes posted:

You must not like 'long boring' movies either.

For what it's worth, I thought the same thing. I think the exposition was to show the obvious teaming, though.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I watched the guy make $1500 in ten minutes and his stream reach >370k viewers. The world is starved for content, apparently.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

khysanth posted:

people like dr. disrespect? or is it mostly kids tuning into his stream?

cheating aside, i don't even like the show he puts on. if i'm going to spend my time watching some internet personality, they have to at least pass the beer test with me, and he (his character?) is not someone i'd even want to hang out with really

i just don't get it, maybe i'm #old

Yeah he wouldn't want to hang out with you either.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

underage at the vape shop posted:

Doc attitude appeals to kids, thats it. Same as the paul brothers

I like his highlights better than his stream, but he has a consistent gimmick, plays decent, talks poo poo, the production quality and effects are usually fun, and his motivational speeches and doc casting are pretty hilarious. To each his own though. If anything, it speaks to the twitch community's desperate thirst for content and branding.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Guys, obviously the model for spectating this game was detailed in the documentary The Hunger Games, originally detailed by Suzanne Collins. All that's missing is the ability to drop health packs and scopes in airdrops close to your sponsored players. And World War 3.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

And the matchmaking won't fill the server out so you have to wait for your lobby to fill with like-minded custom game players who don't care about that sorta thing.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

The theory would be that the Aussie players would have lower ping to the AU servers than the Chinese, and thus get grouped together in a mostly-aussie lobby.

This is almost definitely not how it will work. Most likely there will be a ping limit on your queue options and that's it. And shortly after it's out everyone will have spoofed the ping responses sooooooooo I honestly don't expect much from this.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I'm thinking casting delays won't be as bad for this game's early moments as something like dota. I'd say you either delay and compensate retrospectively or you have enough caster talent to cover two of the expected winners and one floating cam for underdogs and fights worth the main focus.

Seems like you'd want to have some guys trying to construct narratives while off camera and produce replays to deploy while other parts of the game are dead.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 25, 2018

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I think it would be cool to use this engine for something like a mount and blade fortress defense. Split the teams, throw in some respawn counts, maybe let you pick a loadout with limits for each team, instead of picking loot up. Maybe no snipers. Vehicle spawns like in BF1. Add shouts and musician roles. Bam.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Oh I forgot to say all the guns will have to be various types of musket.