Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I blame a lot of my deaths on either: bad aim, not flanking wide enough, or moving without location context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I wonder what hacker v hacker final circles are like

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

daslog posted:

On the same note I need some better insults to yell at Chinese players while in the lobby. Idealy I'm looking for something the I can say in English that will enrage them.

Have you tried "China number [2+]" over and over again

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If in the plane I can tell there will be a whole city or good loot drop I can have all my lonesome, I have super trouble not jumping. I know it will be a long and mostly boring game, but the loot and top10 are right there waiting.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

Why does anyone do this to themselves?

gotta post sometime

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I call it battlescary.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

underage at the vape shop posted:

i dont remember were i read it but i remember reading somewhere that they calculate them on the fly so there is 0 chance of someone fooling the server into sending them the final locations

I wouldn't be surprised to learn their netcode is that horrible, but by no means has to be that way.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

daslog posted:

Interesting post from the developers. This is what they think is wrong and are working to fix. Ping lock is no-where on the list.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/172144-known-issues-updated-01262018/

That looks like a bug list and not a new feature list so it isn't shocking that things like ping lock or a new map aren't on there

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Drop your mouse DPI by like six thousand

My guess was their mousepad is too small or their arm all schrunched up

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

I want region locking simply so my client will stop defaulting to the Asian server for no discernible reason.

Don’t worry they’ll just default to a region you can’t connect to :downs:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

credburn posted:

Should I not have posted such an inconsequential story, or...? I thought I was contributing.

This thread is filled with grumpy people stuck playing 3pp on AS, don’t take it personally.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

For this to shine as an esport they need a web/chatbot accessible minimap and at least 2-3 cameras plus the live editor switching between them. Maybe that’s too expensive, but if you handled it like a live broadcast with multiple cameras it wouldn’t be nearly as horrible and add in second screen maps, bam you’ve got an interesting spectator sport.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

Round based fps games work, moba games work, sports games work, gigantic mapped running simulators that nothing happens until something does and is over in 20 seconds do not work.

500 rounds of pubg back to back could be at least as interesting as NASCAR

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

does mobile pubg have bots like mobile fortnite does?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ControlledBurn posted:

While holding pool roof we had an entire squad start hot dropping on us and priming grenades as soon as they landed. It’s reasonably effective as long as you don’t give a gently caress about your score.

You can snipe pool roof pretty well from the apartments too.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The new plane indicator has a spot clearly left in from photoshop

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a PvE mode where you had to fight your way to the correct gate at the airport to get on the right plane.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The game is almost ready to come out of beta now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This also makes it much easier to play with random people who don't mic or don't speak your language.