Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I do that too, I can't help it. I think of it as the equivalent of pretty borders. :negative:

I've been goofing with several characters lately and I think I'm settling for a skald as it seems safe enough. Watch me fail miserably later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I really shouldn't be doing this for various reasons but...

Rembront the Wild Mage steps out of Candlekeep full of confidence and Sleep spells.

But of course Tarnesh is too high level for Sleep, thankfully a guard manages to take him down.

The initial plan is to get as fast as possible to level 6 in order to get better saving throws. I thought briefly about loitering in the Ankheg infested farms after picking up Ajantis but since the Fairy Dragon familiar is immune to petrifying attacks I took the Basilisk route instead.

Korax and a familiar make a good tag team.

I almost mess it up when I got greedy and attacked those guys without resting (Horror might have saved Korax).

:(

What... so, Basilisks do have a melee attack?

Rembront the Wild Mage learns something new and dies! In what has to be the most disappointing Wild Mage run ever with a grand total of 0 wild surges.

Might try it again with the Ankheg plan since I'm out of ideas for a more serious character.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Oh, what the hell, let's give it another go. I think I will take it slower this time, I really really wan't to play through SoD some day.

Jumbo the Shaman prepares for departure (from Candlekeep):

While speeding through the keep looking for extra funds, Shank pulls out the dickest move I have seen... he shouts thief to the Watchers just before getting chopped.

Firebead's "donation" went straight to the library.

On the way to the FAI I get the bandit ambush. Luckily I had the ogre belt, Imoen did not:

I barely had enough to resurrect her and after realeasing the (spirit) hounds on Tarnesh, went to pick up Ajantis.

Jumbo the Shaman has just arrived at Beregost and is looking for a good tavern to drink away his worries.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Jumbo the Shaman crashed and burned after clearing the mines.

Slimed by a Mustard Jelly while dancing.

Edit: Melicamp also died.

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 21, 2018

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I'm stuck at work for another 6:30 hours and I cannot settle on a character for another run so, yeah, I'll be watching.

• Locked thread