Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The adventures of Jomo, the Shaman of Sexy commence! I have never played Shaman so this should be new.

Not bad stats for refusing to reroll.

I make it past Gorion, ender of the previous year's run. Always a good sign.

Then we're waylaid by dogs off of the first transition and nearly get killed. Never a good sign.

But pressing on gets Jomo's party to the Friendly Arm. Let's see if this run ends up Tarneshed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On second thought, Jomo isn't messing with Tarnesh. Better to bait him into the guards. To his credit, he kills one of them before falling.

I accidentally run into Neera and against my better judgment, boot Xzar the genderbent mage to make room. This never goes badly

Then I smartly take on giant spiders with no antidotes and Neera spell flubs into Holding herself so I can't retreat. Amazingly, I get out of this only losing Khalid.

Then I go after Silke, Neera accidentally blows up Imoen...there really should be a badge for taking Neera along during Ironman...

Not to be outdone, Silke also blows herself up murdering Kagain. Well. It appears Jomo the Shaman is in Beregost and looks to be recruiting

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well Garrick, ordinarily the Shaman of Sexy wouldn't associate with the likes of you, but it seems we have openings at the Palace of Wisdom. Welcome aboard.

I realize rezzing isn't all that expensive at this stage, go ahead and bring people back at the Friendly Arm (Beregost oddly has no temples), then forget about the assassin lurking in the inn and get Jaheira killed. Oops.

Ogres to the south, where Neera accidentally polymorphs herself into a wolf surrounded by bees. It is actually a nice improvement and kills them handily.

To Nashkel, where Minsc replaces Jaheira's corpse, and Neera's sister Neira forgets there are guards lurking around the site of her ambush.

West toward the Gnoll Stronghold. I realize Jomo can use his one neat Shaman trick to stack up critters prior to obvious encounters. Enemies hate it!

Then in the process of rescuing the dryad, Neera turns a Magic Missile into a Fireball and nukes both enemies, Imoen, Kagain, Minsc, and the dryad I was to be saving. Uh...holy poo poo, let's pause there. Jomo is somewhere west of Nashkel pondering his choices in life

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So it's back to town to rez everyone, then over to the Gnoll Fort. The bridge ogres aren't quite smart enough to not be baited one by one across the bridge...

The Fort itself is uneventful. Garrick gets left to sing a ballad in Dynaheir's former prison.

I decide to go searching for Brage and promptly forget about these guys. I recall one of them being trouble with poison arrows.

But he too is not smart enough to avoid being baited into a mugging. I gank his archer friend too.

Unfortunately that leaves Jemby the mage, who Horrors everyone south into Hobgoblins. Luckily they're bribed away for a piddly 25 GP...

Unluckily, Neera wanders into a whole assload of Gnolls while everyone is still under Horror...

In sheer desperation, Jomo casts Entangle and I walk some of the Gnolls into it to buy myself some space...

And I get out of this somehow only having lost Imoen (again) and Neera. Let's...let's just pause again. Jomo is off somewhere comically failing to find Brage

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oh there you are Brage. Your riddles could use work.

Then to Bassilus, where oddly saying the right words only kills some of his skeletons, the rest remain neutral. So it's a slow process of baiting out his Hold spells until he leaves their company and dies. Didn't want to risk aggravating them.

Melicamp! Fancy meeting you here!

Unfortunately as usual, Melicamp doesn't...Melicamp LIVES. Huh. That never happens when I play.

So let's go the min...oh, it's Dorn's encounter. Well I want to make room for him, so Dynaheir and Minsc get the boot. Don't really need two mages. Also strangely enough, Dorn immediately gets knocked to Near Death in this fight, then they spend the rest of it endlessly whiffing him. Is he plot immune to death here?

And to the Carnival to round out my group with...gasp...a Cleric! And someone to use this neat electric warhammer I've been carrying since Bassilus. Jomo the Shaman of Sexy is having fun at the Carnival

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I won, I won the Carnival! Let's quit while we're ahead.

Yes sidequest lady voiced by Tali from Mass Effect, if you say so.

Through the Mines, Mulahey falls to a bunch of Shaman fodder blocking up his fodder.

Back to town, where Nimbul actually kills Rasaad, but walks into an assload of arrow toting guards. Haha...

Great day in the morning he kills all of them. What

Then he Horrors my team but Dorn gibs him before this can get out of hand. Yeesh.

Due east for Dorn's little sidequest, which nearly goes horribly thanks to yet another Horror. Dorn gets eaten by the Walking Dead before Kryll falls, which I fear may break this quest.

Um, Dorn, we just killed...yeah, this one's probably busted. Oh well.

Hell with it, let's go tear Tranzig a new rear end. Jomo the Shaman has torn Tranzig a new rear end

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

In Beregost, that Elminster guy proves too much for Neera's assassination attempt. Poo.

Our sterling reputation accidentally murdering nymphs and such gets us free pass with the bandits. Yay.

You do that, Tazok. Now that we've unlocked your camp, we're heading back for a couple of things.

YOU DON'T SAY

Back to High Hedge, where Imoen gets ditched for our resident terminator Kivan. We have a bandit camp to murder...

Well we would, I even remember to throw Remove Fear on everyone before storming the tent. Unfortunately that doesn't do much versus the archer guy in there unloading a bunch of plus arrows on poor Jomo. RIP Jomo the Shaman, arrowed by some named bandit

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ahhhhh, let's try this again. Go go Westley the Cavalier!

Still pretty dang good for not rerolling.

Westley is immune to Fear so I'm straight away not afraid of mages like Tarnesh. Although he does smoke Montaron on the way down.

I rescue Neera again because I'm clearly a masochist. Fight is notable for the Red Mage Color Spraying his own group into a coma.

Silke gets blown up. Neera is Squirrel Girl.

I go searching for Melicamp and HOLY poo poo NEERA CALLS IN A NABASSU

I run the ever loving gently caress away, a whole lot of corpses are left in its wake by the time it unsummons. Including Khalid who took a hit, panicked and ran right into the thing. Oh well.

Melicamp, if you don't live after after all this, I swear I will kill your corpse.

Melicamp Lives. Jesus. Westley the Cavalier is in High Hedge going to way too much trouble to save a chicken

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Why don't we share our honey? Then they won't steal it from us.

gently caress you too, Xzar.

On the way out, Neera gender bends Minsc. Who was already wearing the gender bend belt. Does that make him some kind of hermaphrodite? Some questions should not be pondered.

Yes Drizzt, I'm a helper.

Well I mean Neera did just call up a Tanarri...

Off to the Mines. Greywolf is...surprisingly tough. Killing him though nets me his nice +2 sword, meaning my stuff is no longer in danger of breaking. Yay.

I hate the Mines. They do poo poo like this where you have to lead with your Thief to disarm traps, then they get unloaded on with unavoidable arrows...

Then I surround Mulahey on all sides and explode him before he can even call his backup. Haha. Westley the Cavalier has cleared the Mines

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Back to town, Nimbul is silly enough to follow me into the inn where Dorn takes his head.

Kryll is far less worrisome when I remember to throw Remove Fear up and block her sucker shot of Horror...

Back to the Bandit Camp where I decide on a different way to go about this. The methodical death of every last rear end in a top hat here!

Hum dee dum...

Taurgosz and his nice plate mail take absolutely forever to punch through. Back to town to heal...

And with the outdoor guards all dead, I can do the cheeseball thing of storming the tent, backing out so whatshisface and the Gnoll follow me to death...

Then Venkt...

Hakt, you rat bastard! I've come to avenge Jomo! I've come for your SOUL. Westley the Cavalier has murdered the Bandit Camp

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Westley feels he needs levels, so we head east for Neera's little sidequest. Behold as she's leveled enough now to cast Horror! Neera rocks!

Behold as she surges a lightning bolt and almost kills Westley! Neera sucks!

When they mentioned a Goblin King I wanted David Bowie. You are not David Bowie.

The return of the Red Mages goes south for them because Horror. Let's see what this adventure won us.

That's...lame. There are two spots in this game where you can be Petrified and I know where they are.

Better. Even if Neera can't actually cast it except via Reckless Dweemer.

Through Cloakwood. I remember this bridge. Haste Boots Man is lurking...

But Neera sticks him with Enfeeble which makes him far less scary.

I rush Throwing Axe Guy. Wizard back there throws a Horror, I block it. Then he throws a Confusion, I can't block it...

Kivan kills Dorn. Kivan gets killed. I kill Axe Guy with a Hail Mary frost wand. Imoen does in the offending wizard...

And the other one can't really get spells off between the pummeling I hand him. That was distressingly close. Westley the Cavalier has bumbled his way to the Cloakwood Mines

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

To the Cloakwood Mines! Sure Yeslick, you're marginally better than Branwen. You can hold a large shield, for one.

The punier guards down here are luckily vulnerable to Sleep.

Speaking of sleep, whoa hell but resting down here is a bad idea. Run away!

I'm forced to run all the way to the Ogre Mage's room, where I quickly ruin him, block off the door and take out the incoming mob as they're stuffed up. Yeesh.

Then I forget about this wizard fight and eat the new bane of my existence, Confusion...

I win out but get my poo poo pushed in doing so. Now a decision to be made, push onward and risk it, or run all the way out, risk inevitable random encounters and try to rez everyone...

Yeah, given I can't even safely sleep in the Mines this was an easy one. First waylay can be avoided by running for the edge...

Other one can't as there are spiderweb traps. Only thing is to slug it out with the drat Ettercaps and try not to move.

But luckily that's it for the encounters. Rez, sleep, head back...

Do this again...sigh...

Respawning jerks. I cleared you guys out the first time I was here...

The Battle Horrors are dealt with via ye olde stair retreat bullshittery.

I rest just to see if I can, get ambushed by two guards. This is actually far more reasonable than upstairs where like 10 guards attack you.

Uh, yeah. Suffice it to say game did *not* want me resting and kept springing the goddamn two guard ambush on me before it let me nap. We end up napping on a whole lot of corpses.

Eat death, mage. Your dungeon sucks.

Davaeorn has teleport spam. Unfortunately I have Haste after Neera leveled on all of those loving guards. Westley the Cavalier has flooded the Cloakwood Mines

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

When we last left Westley the Cavalier, he had flooded some mines and decided to head north on a whim.

Sorry Ajantis, as I recall you'll come to blows with Dorn. Dorn is a rampaging killbot and I'm not losing him.

Speaking of, I forget that the rest of Dorn's little quest is lurking up by Baldur's Gate. Oops.

Aside from Neera somehow tossing a mass Silence at everyone, it goes well enough.

Off in Baldur's Gate proper, we draw the wrath of the fuzz while stealing magical doodads. They aren't receptive to bribery either.

Ambushing me with no help is a terrible idea, Random Mage.

Way ahead of you, Neera.

Wandering in here...uh, D&D Slimes are bad news. Retreat!

I unwittingly unleash a Slime plague on the commonfolk as they follow me out the door. My bad.

Just for variety, sure, Alora. You and your nice permanent Luck boost can replace Imoen. It's been real.

Pictured: A sole Flaming Fist follows me all the way out of the Hall of Wonders and repeatedly misses swinging a sword at me while I negotiate the rescue of a child. That's good police work. :cop:

I kill this guy thinking he dropped Ogre Gauntlets, but he does not, only +1 Thaco gauntlets. Oh well.

Ramazith takes offense to my rescuing a nymph. Scaling his tower is far more annoying than actually killing him, but he lives next door to a Temple, so.

I remember the party battle at this inn is coming, buff and destroy them without losing any of the allied group. Satisfying.

You kids, if you don't behave I will turn this car around and go back to the Friendly Arm!

Westley the Cavalier is endlessly sidequesting in Baldur's Gate

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Enough tomfoolery, Westley the Cavalier is getting the endgame on the road.

Shapeshifters at the Seven Suns are no match for my skills.

Scar wastes some more of my time sending me to kill Ogre Mages. Okay...

Through the Iron Throne, where Yeslick gets loving gibbed. No rezzing for him. Turns out I had thrown the Antipode Belt on him and forgot about it :v:

So unpictured I go pick up Viconia. Better not lose any more priests, I think she's the last one...

Hello I am Yeltsew, nice to make your acquaintance. I'm not taking your ring.

The Iron Throne unexpectedly attacks me when I talk to them one too many times. Dorn gets stunned and killed somewhere in here.

Which proves troublesome as I'm then dumped into the Catacombs before I can rez him...

Anyone with a portrait is a friend of mine, good sir.

I'LL KILL YOU DEAD ELMINSTER. OR YOUR DOPPLEGANGER, I'M NOT PICKY

Further in, and...ick, this is where one of my runs ended last year. Tricky fight looming. I send Alora out to invisi-scout things...

Yup, Prat here is a mean bugger, and I'm without my best killer. This will require planning...

Westley the Cavalier is preparing for a Pratfall

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 17, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So yeah, Prat takes some chicanery. A Ring of Free Action on Westley, a skeleton summoned for distraction. Neera tosses a Web at Prat's group. Westley runs in and beats the poo poo out of Prat until dead.

Run back out of the room, sleep. Worst that happens here is a single Doppleganger ambush if it fails, who cares.

Head back in, repeat the process one by one until everyone is dead. Simple enough.

Escaping the Catacombs, I run all the way back to Beregost and find I never actually killed Karlat. I'm a might overleveled for him :v:

Back to Baldur's Gate, it's time to start whittling down Sarevok's help. Admittedly I never would have bothered coming back to the Iron Throne if Tamoko hadn't tipped me off...

Slythe is somehow fast enough to keep pace with Alora who is wearing haste boots. This works against him as he follows her all the way down to my group proper without his girlfriend, he's promptly murdered.

As for Krystin, a skeleton is sent up to make her waste her nastier tricks like Cloudkill (which obliterates a whole bunch of prostitutes). Then I use some Dispel arrows I'd been sitting on to ruin her.

Annoyingly Sarevok kills Viconia before going away, then the game teleports me to the Thieves Guild before I can grab her stuff, necessitating a return trip here to take her things back...

And with that done, Westley the Cavalier is hunting down his dickhead brother. Yay.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Westley proceeds through the maze, where the biggest danger is lovely pathfinding...

Really, who thought this was a good idea?

The final assassin group is dealt with via a whole lot of Alora backstabbing and then running the hell away from their magic to the screen transition.

Yes Tamoko, I am surely letting you go out of nicety and not because I don't want to fight you and that gaggle of undead to the south at the same time.

So Sarevok. I send Alora invisi-scouting again to start. This fails, he sees her anyway...

Which prompts Magey Magoo to Shadow Door down to the rest of the group, I guess because they were actually visible...

Well that's bad. Alora can outrun the Chaos projectile to a degree, but I can't run north or Sarevok and his buddies will come get me...

Not sure if this will work. Maybe?

Yay. With him down, I send my skeleton friend up to get killed by Sarevok.

Creep up and unload some Detonation arrows on him, but this does little...

Get caught by a Web from...somewhere? Hell if I know. Don't even see anything on the screen that would have set it off...

In a fit of desperation I use one of my Paralyze wands on Sarevok, it works! I proceed to plink him to death with arrows.

Westley the Cavalier is the new Lord of Murder!

Honors: Ironling, Born Hero, Purist, Honorable Trader, ThebadgethatshouldexistfortakingNeeraalongthewholetimebutdoesnt

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I was kind of surprised when I made Dorn immune to Petrification, sent him waltzing up to kill the basilisk at the Docks, and it almost beat him to death. Was like, the hell

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not content with somehow getting out of the Sword Coast alive, Westley the Cavalier is abducted into the sequel! Mainly because I don't have $20 to blow on Dragonspear.

Imoen: Last seen abandoned in the Hall of Wonders as Westley decided he'd rather take an overly chipper halfling as his token thief. Glad to see you avoided the guards.

What...in the *hell* are you talking about, Westley? Is this because I haven't put your portrait back yet?

Minsc and Dynaheir: Last seen abandoned on a screen transition as Westley had to make room for 900 pound juggernaut Dorn. Hi buddy. Sorry about your chick.

Jaheira: Last seen *looks back* ditched in a forest for a madman named Kivan. Hey, at least you survived.

Yay, the game gives me back Westley's ice sword of whuppery.

Khalid: Last seen as Neera summoned a Tanarri, the Tanarri hit Khalid, Khalid ran around like a headless chicken for awhile, right back into the Tanarri and died. Somehow brought back here to be killed again.

Anyway yeah, let's get this show on the road. Westley the Cavalier has escaped the interminable prologue of Irenicus

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Westley the Cavalier begins his quest in earnest by assaulting the Circus. You want to help me here, Aerie? No?

Quayle: Last seen standing around doing nothing while Dorn murdered his friends outside of Baldur's Gate. Now a slime. Alas.

Someone picks a duel with Westley at the Copper Coronet. He has an ice sword and Lay on Hands, the other guy doesn't.

Sure my friend, sounds like a lark.

This fight is usually annoying for an early one. I lose Minsc but that's alright, I have potions...

Then the vampyre down here possesses Korgan, then Yoshimo. gently caress's sake...

That's alright, I'll just...Westley gets level drained to hell and back. That fucker robs me of like 60 HP in a blink...

And just for the poo poo Sunday, possessed Yoshimo puts a critical arrow in Westley for the loss. RIP Westley the Cavalier, arrowed by a brainwashed thief

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Mrr, let's try this again. Since I had so much fun with Wild Mages last time(?), it's time for Rincewind the Wild Mage to learn the color of magic.

What could possibly go wrong? Besides everything.

Through the ever dull prologue...

Past Kalah as Rincewind bravely runs away...

Let's just do this again because I am a drat fool.

Outside the dreaded tomb, I'll just buff first OH COME ON

I said I'll just buff fir...goddammit

Finally getting the party buffed without something insane happening, I beat the Vampyre up badly enough I wonder how he screwed me so badly last time. All damage pictured was from stepping on a trap.

Down here, I'll just...well that's new.

Huh. Handy.

I still use "prickmedainties" as a term of frustration because of this scene.

Speaking of, I was thinking this might be annoying since I can't cast spells outside, but apparently the Cowled Wizards don't care about a Monster Wand stuffing up the stairs. Oops.

You said it, Korgan.

Rincewind the Wild Mage has beaten a bunch of prickmedainties

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Rincewind continues screwing around in Amn and trying not to blow himself or others up.

Viconia, last seen still alive as Sarevok died. Sure, you can come along.

Aerie manages to get killed in the rescue effort. Well, she was probably getting dropped anyway, so.

Off to the Docks and I forget about this thing that happens. I'm diverted as this slightly gimps Jaheira's stats and I can't have that.

Luckily I remember where Ployer is hiding. Unluckily I forget to bribe away his guards, but no big deal.

Running out the door and away from them suffices. They get off a Confusion, but don't end up following me up here. Maybe they didn't want to mess with the vampire.

Back to the docks and goddammit I'm busy right now Korgan.

Goddammit I'm busy right now Yoshimo!

(Not) Montaron, last seen getting killed by Tarnesh. As many adventures have fallen.

Xzar, last seen being a dick at the Gnoll Fort and getting his rear end left there. Now dead. Good riddance.

Then I manage to go into the wrong door and pick a fight with a bunch of inexplicable Minotaurs...

They follow me all the way to the Smithy where I'm free to spell them. After Rincewind prolongs things by healing everyone.

Yeah, let's do this so Yoshimo will leave me alone. Rincewind the Wild Mage is applying to the Thieves Guild

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Where were we. Oh yeah, Rincewind was still screwing about for the Thieves Guild.

Edwin, last seen never leaving Nashkel because he doesn't know how to play well with Neera or Minsc. Screw him.

He sends me assassinating, which is no big deal when Rincewind can cast Spell Thrust over his level.

I do post on Something Awful, good sir. Also I'm still not taking you along, you don't know how to behave around Minsc. On a no reload run that's bad.

For amusement, I Wild Magic up a Chaos Sphere on Mae'Var. It knocks out some of his goons and turns one into a rodent. Haha.

Then I go kill some pira...wow it's a *very* good thing I threw up Protection from Evil before I came here.

Ah, the real beauty of Wild Mages. Buying Limited Wish, casting way over Rincewind's head and cheating up lots of goodies.

Such as a sidequest. I would do the Unseeing Eye while down there but hell if I'm fighting Beholders without reflection.

But that's so far awaaaaaaaaay bitch moan

Korgan of course articulates things better than I.

Oh hi, endlessly amusing bane of my existence. She doesn't join yet.

And Biff Tanner runs away. Unpictured I murder his guards in short order. Rincewind the Wild Mage has kind of solved a murder but not really

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So let's go ahead and get Rincewind out of town so his allies will stop complaining.

But first I run into Neera again, who still makes no offer to join. I might have been tempted to take two Wild Mages if she did. Level 7 spells at this stage of the game is kind of fun.

I open a random door in a pub and they're keeping a Lich in there. Well I'll just take him down...

Uh, good grief. Change of plans, we're just leaving him here for later.

Let's not and say we did, Nalia. My thieving is covered and my mageing is covered.

Storming the castle, I manage to rescue Glaicus through a Mental Domination. I wonder if he'll go back to being crazy when that wears off.

Sanctuary gets me past the Golem legion and later the Umber Hulks. Viconia is pretty good.

And to Torgal. Get him my minions!

Retreat my minions! Torgal's guards are silly enough to follow my mutts back here. Sucks for them.

Torgal is not so easily fooled, but Torgal is also alone, so.

And it's off to Trademeet, where Jaheira luckily agrees to step in and spare me actually having to take Cernd along for this quest. Rincewind the Wild Mage is in Trademeet about to murder druids

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So we last left Rincewind faffing about in Trademeet. I don't know if that's a word but it is now.

Rasaad, last seen in Nashkel getting murdered by Nimbul. No I'm not taking you along, you suck.

Let's just go get everyone's fortune told while we're here. Minsc: Translation, you will Leeroy Jenkins yourself in the epilogue.

Jaheira: Translation, you're probably getting ditched as soon as a better party member comes along.

Yoshimo: Translation, you're doomed, doooooooomed!

Korgan: Translation, the writers were apparently too lazy to put anything here for you.

Viconia: Translation, a goddamn romance subplot awaits you if you don't change your ways.

And we're off to murder some druids. Only made complicated by Yoshimo getting horrored into dragging in more druids than I wanted. I only brought one shot of Remove Fear and it didn't hit him as he sprinted off...

But Sphere of Chaos prevails again. That thing is funny.

After the Rakshasa, which I remember being much harder than she is. Korgan hilariously gibs her.

It takes me for goddamn ever to find this little path to the tower where the last stage of the Gong quest is...

I think I would have been pissed if I hadn't been happening to carry this thing around.

Past Faldorn's minions. I wanted to just send critters after them but NPC Cernd felt the need to cast spells on them like they were enemies. You idjit.

Faldorn, last seen...uh, hell if I know. I never even bothered picking up Faldorn.

Faldorn is a cheating rear end in a top hat who regenerates. She's also really dumb and endlessly chases Jaheira around while ignoring the mutt biting her ankles off.

She cheats some more upon near death, full healing into a leopard. So I cheat some more and summon up a Nymph who holds her still long enough for Jaheira to beat her to death with a stick. Take that.

Rincewind is the Hero of Trademeet! They should have given the Nymph a statue

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

When last we left Rincewind, he was somehow named the hero of Trademeet.

First let's go ahead and solve the Skinner murders because no loose ends.

Ajantis, last seen sitting on his rear end in an Ankheg field because he can't play nice with Dorn. Now dead. I weep.

Firkraag's castle is a bunch of level draining jerks and some Holding jerks. Nothing Harper's Call and Restoration can't fix, but still annoying.

You mean that massive group of orcs patiently waiting right there for us to finish our conversation? Okay then.

Tazok didn't handle his demotion from somewhat relevant character to throwaway minion very well.

I deal with the Adamantite Golem by getting him stuck in a doorway and using the good old Lower Resist/Lower Resist/Greater Malison/Polymorph to Squirrel. Tee hee.

Let's just double back and spring Samia's little ambush. Which I am not messing with and just chuck the Cloudkill wand I've been holding forever at her. Whoops.

Rincewind agrees with Minsc that running away from the large dragon is best. We'll be back. Maybe. Probably not.

Conster surprises me by pulling a Finger of Death out of his rear end and murdering Yoshimo when he falls, but otherwise can't hold up to high level spell protection removals. Wild Magic is fun.

Rincewind the Wild Mage has rescued a child and cowardly avoided a dragon

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So Rincewind goes off to settle a few more things. First grabbing Captain Charisma and booting Yoshimo because I never forgave him for killing Westley :bahgawd:

Back to town to finish the Gong quest...

Searching for the house with the Horn of Valhalla, accidentally walking into the Twisted Rune instead. Wait hold up

I try to get clever and make everyone chase Korgan into the Meteors one of them called up, which kind of works. Problematic though when I can't even hurt the lich...

I'm still doing okay all things considering. Valygar gets Mazed, Viconia holds her own through sick magic resist, Rincewind is Dominated by the stupid vampire...

Uh. Viconia gets killed and I get a game over in spite of Rincewind clearly still being alive, albeit under a Dominate.

RIP Rincewind the Wild Mage. Temporarily made some vampire's biddy?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

At least with the Wyverns you can just hoof everyone to the far side of the screen and get out of there. No such luck with the Ettercaps and web traps everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wizard Slayer with a goal of taking down Elminster before he disappears

• Locked thread