Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm not gonna take the ban because I"m gonna finish my toxx :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Tangents posted:

Since I didn't end up watching any of the things I planned on in 2017 on account of being a piece of poo poo, my resolution is to watch the anime.

...or at least, finish s1 of march lion. Possibly even two seasons, but I'm keeping the bar low for now.

I did this back in like april and then powered through all of s2 and also all the manga because daaaaaang I got hooked. And new volume soonish?!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Namtab posted:

I made the mistake of picking super long visual novels, and then realising that I basically don't have the attention span for super long visual novels.

What I learned from last year's failure is that the length doesn't really matter. What matters most is if it manages to keep things interesting, same as any other game/book.
You won't even really notice that an RPG is 45 hours long or that a book is 1000 pages, as long as it keeps you invested and you have fun reading/playing it.

Also finished Doki Doki Literature Club. Interesting little game with a lot of cool details in it. I especially liked how A big component of the game was messing with the actual game files. And the few Easter eggs they threw in for messing with said files in weird ways. It was a pretty simple thing, but really added an extra bit to the game.

6/7, The DarK MagiC shall remain with me into the new year!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I didn't agree to toxx

I think. A year is a long time ago

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

I didn't agree to toxx

I think. A year is a long time ago

You infact,

did not.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I request anyone who didn't toxx get a sixer for cowardice in the face of their commitments.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who post in this thread basically auto toxx themselves

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mod ban everyone in this thread

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

Mod ban everyone in this thread
Even you?

*gasp*

Even me? :crossarms:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

It's this

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

:yeshaha:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow. I had already seen this one years and years ago when I rented it from the library as a young boy and it made me realize how watching Gundam that far back probably shaped my aesthetic preferences in anime more than I realized. Something I love about Gundam are the Yasuhiko Yoshikazu character designs, it's hard not to feel some affection for the various Zeon goons because they're great middle aged man hooligan designs and so varied. I can see why a lot of people would like this one less than the first because it basically puts a lot of the plotlines like the Zabi politics and Char's revenge plot completely on hold to focus entirely on White Base but I like White Base and I liked Ramba Ral a lot so I was fine with it. I forgot about stuff like Kai's arc with the spy girl and how it introduces a character named Sleggar Law who does nothing in the last 15 minutes. Also the climactic battle is set to 70s rock music which is pretty counterproductive to an anti-war stance in my opinion. All t hat's left is the final Gundam movie which everyone says is the best one so I'm excited for that, when I find the time to carve the 3 hours to watch it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I cried four separate times at Gundam 3
Is there any higher praise to give to a film? The contract is complete. I have finished my toxx. Good luck to everyone else in this thread

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm so thankful I got to see the birth of modern anime. Thank you Tomino!!! Thank you Sunrise!!!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the birth of modern anime was the original yamato

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

the birth of modern anime was the original yamato

I mean modern in terms of the way it uses animation and soundtrack...the first two films are still basically 70s anime in terms of art direction but this was more mature and modern. Maybe birth is too loaded of a word but it definitely felt like I was witnessing a metamorphosis or evolution

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't find it right now cause these old anime fan sites are a disaster to navigate, but ourstarblazers has a few articles from old school fans and influental anime writers that show the great impact yamato had on how anime was made and perceived. its something tomino himself acknowledges too

here something on its influence on anime fandom though
https://ourstarblazers.com/vault/268/

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Finished 428 Shibuya Scramble, and with it, my obligations for the year. I was surprised at how much I ended up liking the live action photos/videos. I was also surprised how it managed to mix the wacky parts with serious parts really well. Overall, a really enjoyable game.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

el dorito posted:

I resolve to give the 3 episode test to each one of the shows in my crunchyroll backlog.

there are a LOT of shows in there

I have failed my resolution. I am ready to receive my due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

el dorito posted:

I have failed my resolution. I am ready to receive my due.
See you, Bird Buddy. :sadwave: