Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I refuse to back your foolish plot to read some books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Groke posted:

Oh yeah, wildcard me, someone.

The House of Breath, by William Goyen

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Strong Mouse posted:

My goal for this year is 20, and I'll attempt the booklord challenge. There's a good chance I won't get far on either, since I'm probably going to be away from books and computers for a few months later this year.

e: Also, give me a wildcard. I might as well start that now.

Torture Garden, by Octave Mirbeau

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

apophenium posted:

Hit me with a wildcard, somebody. Preferably, but not necessarily, something by a Female author or author of color (or both!).

A Question of Power, by Bessie Head

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

It doesn't really make much sense to think of slavic people as white in exactly the same way as western europeans most of the time

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Hogg is chill and everyone should read it

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Esme posted:

Can I get a wildcard?

Under Satan's Sun by Georges Bernanos

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

2018 Reading Challenge Theme Week #8 - Challenge no. 4: Read a book by an LGBT author

In honor of Pride month, this week's challenge is to read a book by an LGBT author.

I admit I am not super well versed in this area outside of googling stuff, so any recommendations would be great.
Patrick White, James Purdy, Jean Genet, William Goyen, Witold Gombrowicz

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think the point of all quiet on the western front was that life is meaningless, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

*clears throat* I have read sixty nine books this year, OP