Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"
Last year was one of my worst reading years, too. I think I started and set down as many books as I actually finished. It just seemed like nothing was really holding my interest. So this year, my goal is 50 books. And not all popcorn books.

I'm not going to make an official goal of the booklord challenge, but I am going to evaluate myself against it at the end of the year. My personal goals are going to be:

-- At least 4 BotM books
-- At least 2 books from the shame pile (need to make a list)
-- The Chekhov, Tolstoy, and Dostoevski works covered in Nabakov's lectures on Russian literature, and the lectures themselves.
-- some significant chunk of the Bible that I haven't figured out how to define yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU