Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I'm in for 100 books, and will do the Booklord challenge also. Re-reads don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I'm coming up on needing a new book, someone please Wildcard me!

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

ectoplasm posted:

The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez Reverte. Feel free to wildcard me, as I also need one.

Justine, by Lawrence Durrell.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Guy A. Person posted:

2018 Reading Challenge Theme Week #8 - Challenge no. 4: Read a book by an LGBT author

In honor of Pride month, this week's challenge is to read a book by an LGBT author.

I admit I am not super well versed in this area outside of googling stuff, so any recommendations would be great.

Last week I read Here Comes the Sun by Nicole Dennis-Benn which I enjoyed a lot, this week I am planning to read Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima. Earlier this year I read Don't Call Us Dead by Danez Smith for the poetry challenge which I talked about a bit. I am also a big fan of Roxane Gay and would recommend her non-fic (An Untamed State is also good although a tough read).

Nicola Griffith and Kelley Eskridge are both options if you've a mind for sci-fi. I've not read any of the latter's books, but have read Slow River by Griffith and it was really well done. It's sort of a coming of age story with some cyberpunk/dystopian elements.