Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm in for 40 this year. Thanks for the mention in the OP. This year I am going to wait a few months before I ask for a wildcard and I am only going to accept one from somebody who has been participating in the challenge up to that point.

I like the idea of the bonus challenges and the discussion topics and whatnot too. I think this will be good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I read Cooked by Michael Pollan, which now also has a Netflix series. It's a relatively interesting history of cooking interspersed with the author learning how to cook with each of the four elements. I'd say if you like the Netflix show, the book is a nice companion.

I bailed on the Booklord when I realized that I had only read like, 5 books by June. I'm still likely going to hit 20, but not my originally planned 40, and I barely did any challenges. First failed Booklord in a few years.