Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

atomicthumbs posted:

considering this setup:

Arris NVG589 (DSL modem since AT&T uses 802.1x for U-verse) -> edgerouter lite (router/dhcp) Cisco catalyst 2960-x 48-port PoE switch -> x number of Pakedge ac aps

idk about u-verse but up here in canadar you can bypass the ont on bell/telus fibre by simply using the right vlan on your wan port and setting up pppoe auth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CrazyLittle posted:

jesus christ why would you do this to yourself just use the damned unifi controller software or get a cloud key or install the mini server on a r-pi or use the stupid mobile app / browser extension

do you also tap out 33.6k modem file transfers by rubbing wires together?

hit me up i can probably help

a person will do a lot to avoid java and mongo db.

a whole lot

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is this the wpa3 appreciation station?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

MY WIFE

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Condiv posted:

is this the wpa3 appreciation station?

it can be

post some deets and tell us the good news

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it can be

post some deets and tell us the good news

its backwards compatible because its wpa 1 + 2

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

infernal machines posted:

idk about u-verse but up here in canadar you can bypass the ont on bell/telus fibre by simply using the right vlan on your wan port and setting up pppoe auth

there is no pppoe here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Agile Vector posted:

its backwards compatible because its wpa 1 + 2

#wow #whoa

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i think the big things are that the handshake was changed so you can't run dictionary attacks against captures anymore and even on open networks clients will have individual encryption keys so you can't just hop on some cafe's unsecured network and sniff all the traffic

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The_Franz posted:

i think the big things are that the handshake was changed so you can't run dictionary attacks against captures anymore and even on open networks clients will have individual encryption keys so you can't just hop on some cafe's unsecured network and sniff all the traffic

about loving time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

re: wifi

quote:

Happy New Year guys!

Hope both of you had a chance for at least a little bit of rest and relaxation.

Wondering if you might be able to clarify whether the wifi routers in our unit can be turned off, and if so, how? We are trying to arrange for a meeting with a member with a Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Disorder and is affected by wifi and routers.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

they have uap-ac-pros ceiling mounted throughout their offices. time to see if there's a supported way to turn the light ring off

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ummmmm but chuck mcgill is dead

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bonus: it's a modern office building with multiple tenants, there are at least 30 other APs in range of their offices

also, there's a cell tower literally right next to the building itself

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

ummmmm but chuck mcgill is dead

spoilers bitcj

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

re: wifi

they have uap-ac-pros ceiling mounted throughout their offices. time to see if there's a supported way to turn the light ring off

Where the gently caress do you work that this sort of horseshittery is required?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in this case it's a union local for teachers

i don't work there

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
there should be an ‘Enable Status LED’ checkbox somewhere

802.11ax gon’ give it to you

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
turning off the light ring is in the options. real easy. turn it off and see if they feel better.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lightbulb Out posted:

turning off the light ring is in the options. real easy. turn it off and see if they feel better.

this is the plan, i just didn't remember seeing that in the options

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
you can do it in unifi controller

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ya its definitely in the controller

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the global control is under site options and you can change each unit individually in the ap options

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol theyre going to try to get you charged with assault if they ever find out

let em find out

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

make sure you turn off the sun and universe as well

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it comforts me to know that, due to wifi and cellular data, my body is constantly bathed in trump tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

it comforts me to know that, due to wifi and cellular data, my body is constantly bathed in trump tweets

can't wait til my body is covered in piss

tape date

• Locked thread