Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

The other week I was at my dad's house setting up his new wifi enabled printer for him and when I tried printing a test page it took like 5 minutes to print and I realized the signal strength was so bad that it was transmitting at like 0.1 Mb/s or some poo poo and discovered the router was on a different floor on the far side of the house and was also a 12 year old WRT54G and he also lives in a neighborhood with 8 million visible SSIDs. My suggestion was for him to get a long USB cable to connect the printer to his laptop on the other side of the room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Endless Mike posted:

have you considering being a good child and getting your dad a router that's not ancient?
I got him a new router for christmas, bitch.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Sagebrush posted:

but after a decade or so they found that it was impossible to find a sample of earth that didn't have 90Sr in it, so they shrugged and quit testing, because it had become ubiquitous, the new background level

woops
Apparently for certain extremely sensitive radiation detectors they have to scavenge steel that was originally produced prior to WW2 because all steel smelted since then has trace amounts of radioactive material in it from above-ground nuclear testing :waycool: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-background_steel

• Locked thread