Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

replace your fire alarms with wifi stations

nest/google collab finally paying off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pls drown the neighbors with excessive signal strength. if you can walk across the street and still connect then ur good to go

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im thinking of getting a repeater going with an old router just to drown the other half of my property so nobody gets any ideas

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

to be fair, he probably read "why is wife so terrible?"

typically the answer is unstable firmware :shrug:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i bought a bunch of mikrotik rb133's for $4 each

ama

also i dumped my lovely $11/mo cable modem rental and bought a little linksys for 20 bucks, swapped to that this weekend

we are now 100% xfinitywifi-free

heck yeah its all various modified tplink stuff in my place and it feels good not to have to repeatedly swap refurbed company modems out every two months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it can be

post some deets and tell us the good news

its backwards compatible because its wpa 1 + 2

• Locked thread