Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

maskenfreiheit posted:

comedy option: see if they have default admin, switch them all to 1 and you to 11 :c00l:

lol i actually did this

one of my neighbors has a weak wpa2 key and the other has no security enabled and their routers have the default admin passwords, so i rearranged all the channels so that nobody in the immediate vicinity is overlapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

maskenfreiheit posted:

if you fire up kismet you often find they're on whatever the default channel is. I was able to move to a different one opposite on the spectrum and get great speeds in my old apartment.

the really annoying thing is when the default is auto, so even if you pick a free channel it just ends up congested when everyone else's routers decide to jump to it because it's less congested.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Punkbob posted:

The iOS and android apps technically work...

you can also just ssh into them and edit a text file after the initial provisioning

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i think the big things are that the handshake was changed so you can't run dictionary attacks against captures anymore and even on open networks clients will have individual encryption keys so you can't just hop on some cafe's unsecured network and sniff all the traffic

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the global control is under site options and you can change each unit individually in the ap options

• Locked thread