Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i bought a bunch of mikrotik rb133's for $4 each

ama

also i dumped my lovely $11/mo cable modem rental and bought a little linksys for 20 bucks, swapped to that this weekend

we are now 100% xfinitywifi-free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the rb133's are actually just to use as network to serial adapters. routeros lets you pump the onboard serial port to a TCP port so im gonna do that

found out my rb333 cant handle more than 40mbps or so, its time to upgrade that
but yeah shoppin for newboxes

I also have my old Nanostation loco m2 that's currently being used as a test bed to hook up to the Denver ham mesh. i may need to get a bullet m2 hp and a yagi for good link, but I can see one of the nodes 4 miles away with just the lovely loco

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol theyre going to try to get you charged with assault if they ever find out

let em find out

• Locked thread