Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that said even with your broadcom chip you may have better luck with a nicer AP

i personally am very fond of ubnt, because they are significantly cheaper than "real" enterprise equipment but almost good.

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/

yo I bought two of these for my parents and they have literally never given them trouble ever. I showed up after a year and it just needed a firmware update

plus the installation process involved pulling cat5 through the attic which meant solid Dad bonding time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
shockingly, consumer WiFi gear has terrible thermal management and slowly cooks itself to death

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the solution is to throw out any trash that still uses 2.4 ghz WiFi

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
WiFi is terrible because electrical engineers were tasked with developing a networking protocol

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
there should be an ‘Enable Status LED’ checkbox somewhere

802.11ax gon’ give it to you

• Locked thread