Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love the worldbuilding that Supergiant pulls off, game to game. Everything throws shadows of something larger.

Mae, Hedwyn, and Ti'zo, if you're still picking. Something tells me these agile little fellows would be the bane of Jodi's existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I imagine after that excursion into the witch-fen this is a nice little breather of a match.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm all for Hedwyn and Rukey.

The red metatext is an interesting way to put you in a world that "you already know about".

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It seems like every time we run into somebody who looks like a great offensive character they get one-upped. Harps seem ridiculous with their invincible charge and bumper dash.

The Saps have to break the trend, right? They're good at defense instead?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
NO GODS NO MASTERS

Er, um, I mean.

Heck of a plan. I wonder how far it's gotten. And I suppose if learning the language turns you into a goddamn psychic I can see why they'd want to ban it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think the reason everyone isn't lining up to join the Nightwings is the one thing we've never seen on the other teams.

None of them have Readers. There are probably things the Nightwings have to observe in these Rites that other teams don't, and without a Reader backing you, you can't be the Nightwings.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Whoa. Best back off, man, we got a fuckin' author here.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
He's... he's grudging on the imp?

Oh, this I have to see.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. We have a tremendous amount of power here. I can't help but wonder that we were supposed to be some kind of... like, people not striving for liberation ourselves, but standing in judgement?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Almer. Motivation: filial piety.

I believe this means that he has officially attained honorary good boy status?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh. So the Titan Stars are like idols, but they're going to switch up availability from match to match?

I suppose we'll see. But I do like Supergiant's "challenge mode" approach to difficulty. Especially because you can turn it off and it feels like you've been training in weighted clothing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to say, of all the people up for it, Tizo and Mae both seem like they'd get on okay down here. Tizo was born here and Mae's got her own interests.

Man, Liberation as a game mechanic just introduces all kinds of heavily conflicted choices, doesn't it?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on with the bog-witches now that we've got one. The giant fan aura wave looks pretty nice, but given how obstacles show up in these Rites we've needed a regular corridor shot so many times I wonder how useful it's going to be.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So if we sent Mae back up, would Team Mom and Team Dad end up taking her in? God, I hope so, otherwise that's just too depressing.

Also, wow, the Blackwagon's getting chock full of souvenirs. Makes me wonder if the old Nightwings just... rolled without them? Or maybe they all got pawned off to Ron for startup capital for the next generation.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It seems like things have been broken for a while, actually, if something let Oralech down. I wonder if we're going to find out more about that.

...I wonder who even has a motive to do so. Sandalwood seems pretty wrapped up in fixing the Commonwealth instead of helping its victims.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, the voice is loving pissed at Volfred.

I mean, he did abandon the Nightwings and deny anyone passage back to the Commonwealth, all the while the stars were going out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. Here I thought curs were pretty good since Rukey is your speed guy in the early game and all. But their lack of tricks probably works against them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Have Lendel's "new companions" just turned demonic over the course of these rites, or are they different people from his initial entourage?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god. That was monstrous.

I like to think it's just Barker's own philosophical objections to fetching that doomed him. CATCH THE BALL, you fat streak of chaos!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A Voice, huh? Yeah, the color commentary's starting to show up in a whole new light.

Is it the Voice's power that's... ending the Downside, for lack of a better word?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Fred has been running the Plan numbers this whole time. If everything hinged on him, he'd say. But he passed it up anyway.

Much obliged, Fred. The Reader's going for a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So given that reading is implied to give you some kind of psychic powers, we've basically created a burgeoning empire of psykers?

Neat.

I like how this all wound up, really. Supergiant is really good at delivering people dealing with something huge going wrong and making the best of what they can do in the aftermath.

• Locked thread