Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I don't have anything to vote with, but I'm digging this game a lot so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I've been wondering this for a while, but perhaps being exiled is being sent to a different plane of existence than everybody else. There seems to be a lot of pseudo religious aspects to the process of the rites and returning home, which I don't think would be there if people could just travel home by ordinary means.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Jodariel can't stop getting dunked on: the game.

Btw, are Demons an actual race in this game, or what Jodariel saying about horns growing in if we stay too long in the Downside something not merely a pithy comeback after we lowered her hope that one time.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
So the former emperor turned into a demon and was pretty much starving to death by the time anybody found him? What a fall from glory.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Hedwyn, because I think he's the most likely to get a successful revolution going though I fear that he'll go abscond with his loved ones. Jodariel's a person of few words, which is fine but not really flashy enough for most folks. Mae... might actually scrape by if they go with an 'enlightened prophet' angle, but they are also a kid. Hard to say.

I got no preference for who the other members are.

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 28, 2018

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
God, the music choice here was intense. What a good send-off for a great character. :unsmith:

I'm wondering how this whole "get everybody liberated" thing is supposed to work. It seems that we're always going to have people behind under the current system, so perhaps the whole point is find a different way other than the Rites in order to bring everybody back?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was just thinking about this, but it's probably for the best that we did not give Hedwyn the Deserter the important role of our important plan. :sweatdrop:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Turn up, thread, turn up. :barf:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'd feel really bad if it turns out that Jodariel's response is different if you hadn't had that scene with Pamitha.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm so tempted to look up fan art of this great game, but I'm afraid of spoilers.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kaubocks posted:

i had a liberation rite against Dalbert and it was the most memorable Gaming Moment™ i had in video games in a long time, particularly for what an enormous rear end in a top hat i felt like afterwards

That's exactly why I vote for this.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I have no vote, just wanted to say that the Fate are the best. :shobon:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Olive Branch posted:

Anoint Hedwyn. We made a promise to the man. We should keep it. He can join our demon mom in the Commonwealth.

Mae and Pamitha should back him up.

Going with this.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This is pure spitballing, but maybe if we keep Hedwyn here long enough, he'll turn into a demon? A replacement Jodariel if you will.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Slaan posted:

Also, you idiots. We could have saved Ti'zo :argh:

I realize my mistake now. Ah well, maybe we'll find out why Mae was sent down here.

Regardless, this is the most emotionally engaging game about sportsball I've seen.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

vdate posted:

I'll cast the dissenting vote here and say we should face Ignarius and the Tempers. We've not seen him in a while, and he seemed a decent enough sort. Easier to get along with than most of the team leads, anyway.

Going with this.

It feels lonely without Jodariel and Hedwyn here. When Jodariel was gone, everyone got messed up in their own way, especially Hedwyn who missed her the most. But now that he's gone, there's no one left to mourn him. The writing structure making concessions to the flexible gameplay choices the team growing smaller has become apparent...

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Glazius posted:

Also, wow, the Blackwagon's getting chock full of souvenirs. Makes me wonder if the old Nightwings just... rolled without them? Or maybe they all got pawned off to Ron for startup capital for the next generation.

I'm going to guess that after the death of the previous Nightwings, Sandalwood possibly wanted to get rid of any mementos.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

ultrafilter posted:

Have we gotten any indication as to how long it's been since the eight scribes were adventuring around the Downside, or how long ago the first Nightwings were active?

I think the eight scribes were around ~800 years ago. I don't know the last part however.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Anoint Mae. Mae seems like the most spiritual one of the group and can probably do some good proselytizing over on the other side. I otherwise have no vote on who gets to be in the team though. :v:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
If there's anyone who's going to betray the Nightwings (according to the Voice's warning), I'm guessing it'd be Pamitha or Mae. Pamitha because, idk, they seem like they don't have much affinity to our group vs. their sister. Mae, because 1) they are probably super happy right now being involved in the closest thing we've seen to a religion in this game 2) They don't really want to be sent back to the Commonwealth where they'd be abandoned and alone again 3) Their list of perks has the dude who is major betrayer figure in the cycle of the Rites in the background.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Congrats on a good play. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Hearing the voice say "Get out, Ti'zo" so plainly drew a chuckle from me.

• Locked thread