Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
the turoks have gotten me craving some old school simple 3d fps, hopefully something with keycards and maybe sprite based enemies

is there anything other than dusk I should be aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ziggurat is a roguelite kind of in that style and there's a Quake style one called well I forgot the name but it looks a little like it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Most of them are crap. Lovely Planet Arcade is kind of like Doom I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No one makes them and probably no one should, and there's nothing aged about Quake or Doom besides how they look so. Idk.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Magius1337est posted:

the turoks have gotten me craving some old school simple 3d fps, hopefully something with keycards and maybe sprite based enemies

is there anything other than dusk I should be aware of?

i remember thinkin this looked neat & it checks ur boxes but ive never played it (theres a demo though)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/295770/Rogue_Shooter_The_FPS_Roguelike/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What was the game I played that looks like Quake and it has a giant penguin as a shambler looking monster in it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252630/Eldritch/ This. I thought I owned it and played it but maybe I imagined it lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I do but on my other account. It's 1.49.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not really like Quake or doom but it looks like Quake. It plays like uhh. I don't know.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I've heard that Paranautical Activity is like Ziggurat but better but I have played neither, op. The logo has a spoopy little girl and looks like aids. I think it's trying to look like Isaac mans. Anyways, good luck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I've heard that Paranautical Activity is like Ziggurat but better but I have played neither, op. The logo has a spoopy little girl and looks like aids. I think it's trying to look like Isaac mans. Anyways, good luck

Paranautical Activity is complete dogshit

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Maybe STRAFE?, it also has roguelike elements tho...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442780/STRAFE_Millennium_Edition/

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252630/Eldritch/ This. I thought I owned it and played it but maybe I imagined it lol.

iirc you have barely any ammo in this its more like a 3D roguelite than quake

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Honestly OP after Doom last year I'm not sure why you'd want to go back to the well of steam greenlit indie voxel FPS

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dusk. You can purchase it now and play the first episode. Multiplayer is coming soon. Look on steam.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Haven’t played it myself OP, but I’ve heard good things about Devil Daggers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

devil daggers and lovely planet are good but not really like doom or quake. your best bet is to just install doom and some wads. bye

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lovely Planet Arcade is kinda Doomy since it's ground plane movement and X axis aiming only.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also a bunch of projectiles to dodge but Lovely Planet is a time attack game more than Doom is I guess. And not much exploring.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It also doesn't have a leaderboard unless I'm missing something, which is weird.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Immortal Redneck revises what Zigguraut does pretty well, still not perfect tho.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the OP cried about imp zone in QCS shortly after making this thread, lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probate his rear end for a week.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Any new Mario like games bein made anymore or what the gently caress. *waits exactly 5 minutes* The thing about Imp Zone is it's made up of 3 people saying Durr all day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Any new Mario like games bein made anymore or what the gently caress. *waits exactly 5 minutes* The thing about Imp Zone is it's made up of 3 people saying Durr all day.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

EDIT: Durr

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Probate his rear end for a week.

good idea, by then 4 new rogue-like quake-likes will be out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Weird but good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Play the old ones like redneck rampage, hexen, duke nukem 3d

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Play the old ones like redneck rampage, hexen, duke nukem 3d

don't play redneck rampage hexen or duke nukem 3d because your nostalgia for them will be ruined once you realize d3d isn't very good and hexen is walk accross a huge map ver and over for 10 different keys the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

STRAFE is rear end. I'm playing it on my stream if you want to see.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Since the OP is gonna be a huge loving baby if no one makes an effort post for him, here we go!

Based on your interest in one word titled shooters, check out:
Warface, Rekoil, Bodycount, Homefront, Black, Breach, Legendary, RAGE, FEAR, Haze, Prey, Battleship, Syndicate, Singularity, Brink, Mindjack, TimeShift, and MAG

if you want to expand your horizons to ones with colons in the titles, check out:
Blacklight: Tango Down, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, FEAR 2: Reborn, ShellShock 2: Blood Trials, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, BlackSite: Area 51, Slender: The Arrival, and of course the inimitable Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Youre welcome! Close this loving thread!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

HolePisser1982 posted:

Since the OP is gonna be a huge loving baby if no one makes an effort post for him, here we go!

Based on your interest in one word titled shooters, check out:
Warface, Rekoil, Bodycount, Homefront, Black, Breach, Legendary, RAGE, FEAR, Haze, Prey, Battleship, Syndicate, Singularity, Brink, Mindjack, TimeShift, and MAG

if you want to expand your horizons to ones with colons in the titles, check out:
Blacklight: Tango Down, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, FEAR 2: Reborn, ShellShock 2: Blood Trials, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, BlackSite: Area 51, Slender: The Arrival, and of course the inimitable Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Youre welcome! Close this loving thread!

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://twitch.tv/synthymesc

• Locked thread