Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spinster posted:

Too sweet! Add vodka, midori, take out peach schnapps
I'll be sorry in morning though

I've done it with midori, too. But for people who can't deal with drinking, they can usually handle it due to the low alcohol content of the malibu and the potency of the pineapple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Unsweetened iced tea with lemon

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I love a spicy caeser now and then. Perfect hangover cure.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Tequila grapefruit. Simple yet delicious.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Also a good ( not lovely pre-made mix) bloody mary.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Waltzing Along posted:

Pineapple juice
Malibu
splash of peach schnapps

151 rum
Pineapple juice
And malibu
Caribou get them all numb
Make baby girl come
Out of her shell and raise hell
Don't stop till the cops come

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Negroni is the correct answer, although I like a nice Hemingway daquiri in the summer

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
If we are talking light and easy summer drinking: an Aperol Spritz does the job

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i had to go to a political fundraiser once (don't date successful women!) and apparently everything from your watch to your pants to your drink choice is hyper analyzed and signallying poo poo

so i showed up in a white col sanders suit, pounded manhattans, and rocked a casio

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Testikles posted:

If we are talking light and easy summer drinking: an Aperol Spritz does the job

Yeah, definitely. Although I am more of a Cynar man myself

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

i had to go to a political fundraiser once (don't date successful women!) and apparently everything from your watch to your pants to your drink choice is hyper analyzed and signallying poo poo

so i showed up in a white col sanders suit, pounded manhattans, and rocked a casio

Reminds me that mint juleps are pro-tier

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

maskenfreiheit posted:

Dammit, sometimes a shot of cum is just a drink, OK?

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Super Grocery Kart posted:

We were eating at the bar in a Longhorn Steakhouse once and the guy sitting next to us ordered a dry martini. When he ordered he clearly stated his gin preference and asked for two olives. The bartender still had to look it up and then proceeded to make him a vodka martini that was like half vermouth. No olive.

Glance at the vermouth bottle briefly while pouring the juniper distillate freely.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Do any of you people claiming negronis are rare actually live in a big city with a bar scene?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i ordered a manhattan once in amsterdam.

some girls from my hostel wanted to go to the red light district then clubbing i wasn't up for clubbing so i bought a couple joints and smoked them walking around looking at all the weirdos and canals

so now im high, and lost, and not keen on flashing my phone to check directions and come across this really posh looking bar, so i go in. because hey, liquor will clear my head ehhhh (plus i can look at my phone in there safely most likely)

and the guy starts loving with an orange and im just like oh i guess he's making an old fashioned whatever he's being cool that I'm a high as gently caress backpacker in a fancy bar and his english wasn't good (he was from lithuania)

so he makes, i dont know what. like a rocks glass of whiskey and sweet vermouth with a half an orange instead of a whiskey ice ball?

and he hands it to me, eager "very good fancy american drink yeah? manhattan! i make good?" and im just like yeah buddy thinking well it's a poo poo load of liquor so i've got that going for me, and im like how much and he's like 9 euros so i give it to him and say keep the change and he's like OH A TIP LIKE IN AMERICA in this super excited voice

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pug Rodeo posted:

Do any of you people claiming negronis are rare actually live in a big city with a bar scene?

i mean dont most cocktail bars list off weird variations / made up stuff, but they can make standard.

like no bar has a menu that lists "manhattan", but you can order one and it's usually whatever the base tier is, unless you start using fancy rye

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I like body temp vodka from the snipped off corner of a quart sized Ziploc that I shoved down my pants to save a few bucks at the bar.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWeVRxR1qek

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maskenfreiheit posted:

i mean dont most cocktail bars list off weird variations / made up stuff, but they can make standard.

like no bar has a menu that lists "manhattan", but you can order one and it's usually whatever the base tier is, unless you start using fancy rye

yeah they'll normally say "we also make classic cocktails, if you don't fancy a violet gin and laburnum infusion with sherbert whizzers crammed down its pisshole until the drink turns red" on the menus

if there's no menus then yeah they'll just make whatever you ask

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

maskenfreiheit posted:

some girls from my hostel wanted to go to the red light district then clubbing i wasn't up for clubbing so i bought a couple joints and smoked them walking around looking at all the weirdos and canals

so now im high, and lost, and not keen on flashing my phone to check directions and come across this really posh looking bar, so i go in. because hey, liquor will clear my head ehhhh (plus i can look at my phone in there safely most likely)

and the guy starts loving with an orange and im just like oh i guess he's making an old fashioned whatever he's being cool that I'm a high as gently caress backpacker in a fancy bar and his english wasn't good (he was from lithuania)

so he makes, i dont know what. like a rocks glass of whiskey and sweet vermouth with a half an orange instead of a whiskey ice ball?

and he hands it to me, eager "very good fancy american drink yeah? manhattan! i make good?" and im just like yeah buddy thinking well it's a poo poo load of liquor so i've got that going for me, and im like how much and he's like 9 euros so i give it to him and say keep the change and he's like OH A TIP LIKE IN AMERICA in this super excited voice

i liked this story

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Pug Rodeo posted:

lol

The recipe for a negroni is on the back of every single bottle of Campari. You don't even need to live in a city with a bar scene, you just need to live in a city with a liquor store that sells Campari

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Any love for Corpse Reviver #2s? I think that they are good, and I like to drink them.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone said piss?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The best cocktail is:

3 parts Korean pomegranate wine
3 parts orange Koskov (a really terrible vodka liqueur that I think is only found on US military bases)
3 parts lemon-lime soda
1 part whiskey sour mix

Good luck finding the first two.

Alternately, any cocktail involving lambanog

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The best cocktail is 2 parts normal booze, 1 part weird booze, 2 dashes of something impossible to find.
Garnish with a thin slice of hamster scrotum

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
whats lambanog

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hector Beerlioz posted:

whats lambanog

Mongolian piss.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

lol

The recipe for a negroni is on the back of every single bottle of Campari. You don't even need to live in a city with a bar scene, you just need to live in a city with a liquor store that sells Campari

Ah yes the Campari bottle, the fruit fly high rise.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

General China posted:

Glance at the vermouth bottle briefly while pouring the juniper distillate freely.

Exactly. The funny thing is we saw the same guy and his wife at the next bar we went to. I bought him a martini.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I always liked that old story about Winston Churchill liking his martini so dry that he would simply nod in the direction of France while he drank his glass of gin.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Its scotch

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Any love for Corpse Reviver #2s? I think that they are good, and I like to drink them.

Yeah. These are super refreshing.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

this man shows you how to make a mint julep with style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

maskenfreiheit posted:

I also liked this story. Tell more stories please.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

This thread reminded me that it took me forever to find out that angostura bitters are actually purchased at the grocery store, and not at the LCBO like every other alcohol.

Now that I've finally moved out on my own again, I have to buy some.

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

Super Grocery Kart posted:

We were eating at the bar in a Longhorn Steakhouse once and the guy sitting next to us ordered a dry martini. When he ordered he clearly stated his gin preference and asked for two olives. The bartender still had to look it up and then proceeded to make him a vodka martini that was like half vermouth. No olive.

I had a bar I'd frequent with good bartenders and never had an issue. Stopped going for awhile and one day I went back and ordered a gin martini. I was given one with a garnish of lime.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Go to taco bell and get a baja blast. Put some tequila in that poo poo and drink. gently caress i'm drunk right now.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Navin Johnson posted:

I also liked this story. Tell more stories please.

one i attended an "all you can drink absinthe" event in prague. it was the *start* of a pub crawl we paid 400 CZK for. You got the all you can drink for, IIRC an hour, then a free drink at each bar.

Now, I'm used to the "free" drink semi-scam they pull with hostels. You go on a pub crawl, get a free shot at each bar, and the shots are those stupid American style ones that are only 1/3 alcohol and the others drinks are super overpriced.

But this... this was pret-t-y good. We got an hour of absinthe, then 2 drinks (beer or shot) then free entry to a czech disco.

The absinthe was rotgut and looked the color of nyquil. The fact they used plastic shot glasses didn't help.

I figured the line would be long and I should double fist since I wouldn't get a second turn, but that wasn't the case. I did 2 shots, then 2 more. Then I started doing stupid poo poo like mixing it with mountain dew.

Then I blacked out, and next thing I know I'm at a czech disco out on the dancefloor. I'm not really a "dancing" guy but I just kind of went with it and it was pretty fun.

Surprisingly I didn't have a bad hangover the next day. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm a fan of the Tijuana Manhattan. It's a Manhattan but you use anejo tequila as the base spirit instead of bourbon or rye.

• Locked thread