Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Finally got around to watching San Junipero since I didn't watch the episodes last year. Whoa, Black Mirror did an optimistic use of technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Callister didn't have anything new "to say", but it was entertaining. That's more than I can say for the rest of S4 so far.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I enjoyed Callister, but Ricky Hitler is totally Sid from Toy Story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

if I'm remembering correctly it turned out to just be a serial number.

They eventually revealed a numbered list of people and the six numbers were the six most important characters in the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insane to me that this was resolved with a public apology that was then accepted. That hasn't happened once with any of the other poo poo coming out about men in politics and entertainment. It's remarkable.

Were any of the accused this honest about what they did? Louis CK was the most apologetic until now, I think, and even his response was too vague and hand-wavey and then he hid.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 12, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The casting agent decided to call it a day after getting Wolverine.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

What gets me is that they didn't bother to dub out Elton John (or is that someone else singing a cover? Doesn't *quite* sound right) but still had him singing along. Nobody's gonna sound good like that unless they're a professional trained to blend.

To be fair, they were replicating the UK series, and that was its style.

Rocksicles posted:

I miss Obama making speeches about stuff., period.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 13, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Oh my god. I think that's the most horrible account yet.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It just hit me that Matt Lauer is in that Kimmy Schmidt scene about women doing anything to avoid being rude.

Wandle Cax posted:

It's because it's Monica's grandmother's apartment

Though it's massive with two bedrooms. (The actual reason was so Joey could have a roommate for sitcom shenanigans.)

Lycus fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 14, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nobody else wants to pull a Harmon and just be honest about what you did?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

whaaaat. the entire first season was gold.

I think it was too long for its concept.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

They've already stated that for season two they're going to scale back on the joke stuff. Basically he said it will still be a humorous show but they don't feel like they have to be constantly joking any more.

So I know not to give the Orville another shot in S2.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

“I remember her calling me and asking me to come over and coming in my house one time, and seducing me,” Baio said into the camera. 

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Popelmon posted:

Hot drat Babylon Berlin is a pretty show :eyepop:.

Except for Kardokov's life.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Imposters S1 is now on Netflix. Watch it. One of my favorite shows last year. I also assume that means S2 is gonna drop soon, which makes me happy.

What was that on?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Okay. At first I thought it was Canadian because of Aaron Douglas, but noticed it wasn't taking place in Canada.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I gave it a few. I thought it was too boring.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Ugh why are streaming services doing that split season nonsense

Why do some viewers still think split seasons mean anything at all for viewers? It's for contracts, it only has meaning for contracts.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Of course it means something for us, it means we don’t get the whole drat season at once

That's psychological. The actual alternative to a split 20-episode season is two 10-episode seasons. A split 16-episode season or two 8-episode seasons. A so on. It's labeling, the difference between ketchup and catsup.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

like others said literally the only reason it happens is as a loophole to avoid having to actually pay the people who make the show more by weaseling out of contract negotiations and also try and double-dip on sales of the show.

Yeah, I said that. And the release/production schedule of a split 20-episode season and two 10-episode seasons is the same, not completely different.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sallinger? I just remember a super-gruff military(?) man. Was he a writer?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Get Down and Girlboss come to mind. I think those might be it?

less laughter posted:

Gypsy, Girlboss, The Get Down

The Get Down had two seasons.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 16, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I gave up on the Path because the cult seemed really weak and boring. Not enough dark underbelly, just hippie and self-help stuff.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I couldn't even finish S1 of Helix.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Was Gillian too busy for the Community reunion scene?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

blunt posted:

Also I guess in their quest for "Netflix Originals" they've now gone from buying the distribution rights to first-run stuff from other studios to buying old previously aired material and trying to pass it off as Netflix originals?

Most of the "Netflix Originals" are stuff that's run in other countries. That's been the case for years.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think he and Edlund were roommates a long time ago, do I have that right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I totally thought the butt pillow on Joel McHale was a bit until the end.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Joel is definitely gonna make this last as long as he thinks is funny, then go on Donnadorable's show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Did Donnadorable have an older YouTube show, or was she just working in local news until Today hired her?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think she was just guest hosting.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Lest we forget 2016, Today has a little relationship with the Bush family.

E: oh, though he wasn't there for very long. That I didn't know.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 6, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't care how maligned it is here, I like Love.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

esperterra posted:

I like Gillian Jacobs a lot, so I should probably watch Love one of these days.

Though I think the best part of the show is Bertie.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Joel McHale is pretty good. Especially the Youtube relationship part.

I wonder if Donnadorable is going to be sad that she didn't get a segment this week.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Man in the High Castle is a weird show where the main characters range from "eh" to the worst part of the show, but the side characters are excellent.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

The 100 is about as fast-paced as it gets. New season about to start in a couple weeks. The first 4 or 5 episodes will test your mettle. It's a trap.

The 100 is an exhausting show to binge, with the new big plan failing every hour.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If the cult in The Path was as wacky as the cult in Wild Wild Country, I'd probably have watched past S1.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Writer's strike. They had an excuse.

That's a bad excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's too bad the writers strike destroyed Breaking Bad. Otherwise it could've been one of the most beloved shows on TVIV.