Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thread doesn't have couch in the title how am I supposed to imagine us chatting.... standing like barbarians???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

In a big pile like Sea Lions.

I can accept that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have 11 things left on my top 10 list and can't pick one to cut :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Metalhead was one of my least favorites and USS Callister was my favorite from this season. I thought Hang the DJ and Black Museum were really good too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

Did you ever see the Christmas special that came out between season 2 and the Netflix seasons? Because I think a lot of my dislike of this season was because so many of the episodes they put out felt like retreads of the ideas they used in that episode only without anything that really justified or was improved by redoing them and especially stretching them out to full episode length.

I've watched every episode. There are some similarities but I didn't think any of them were rehashes.

Like specifically with White Christmas and Callister - they both share a basic similar concept but the actual story that concept is used to tell is wildly different. Callister worked better for me than White Christmas did so yes I'm glad they did something else with that idea.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 2, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I only just noticed this thread’s title doesn’t have the word “Couch” in it. What a terrible mistake

It's okay though just imagine the sea lions

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Episode 7 is insanely cool

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

precision posted:

first ep of ACS 2 was absolutely fantastic (Jolt cola, nice)

is nobody gonna thread it? cause i'll thread it.

Thread it, I had missed that it came back last night.

Yeah it's looking good. Unlike OJ I knew literally nothing about this beyond the name Versace so it was interesting watching the first ep blind and then reading up on what actually happened. This show is apparently following a somewhat controversial take on what happened but I'm into it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Tribune Media? Definitely focuses on followers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwiWd1LTeg

They are an empty soul sucking corporate husk of a content farm

So that's why every loving news article has an auto play video nowadays.

Sometimes it sucks living in the future

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

McSpanky posted:

OR

and I'm going out on a huge limb here

the average goon age is about 36 by now and not everyone -- especially those without kids -- has the time or gives the shits to keep up with all the latest goings-on in all 500 subgenres of pop media these days.

drat y'all gettin old, gramps

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

MGM has always bungled their handling of the series but the writing is on the wall for everyone to try their own streaming service in the next few years.

What I wanna know is do we just need to suffer through this for a few years until they all fail and we can get more reasonable services again, or is this just another casualty of our doomed capitalist society

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

I wrote a big-rear end Facebook post about OTT streaming services, and I won't bore you by posting it here, but the main idea was that it's a bubble that's going to burst within five years. We already saw SeeSo fold, and that had Comcast backing it.

I'd read it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My local affiliate of the CW just cut in to the season finale of Crazy Ex Girlfriend to make me watch Trump and Florida cops jerk each other off about what a great job they're all doing

It's just disgusting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We've got to amputate this thread it's the only way to save the rest of the body.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Have you seen the BoJack thread recently? It's too late

I was caught up on it yesterday and then today saw it had almost 100 new posts so I don't even wanna touch it

E: I looked and saw some of the actual worst posts I've ever seen on these forums (thankfully all from one, now banned person)

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 22, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't watched marvel Netflix since Luke Cage but JJ season one was my favorite so I'm definitely giving two a chance. Hopefully not watching the latest 3 shows won't matter too much.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't watch that one cause I just don't like the Punisher in general

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes it's great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

That's interesting I though the first episode of s2 was loving awesome

Yeah I thought it started off as strong as ever

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Is there anyone on TVIV under 30?

Hello

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I turn 28 next month :shobon:

Whattup 1990

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

I was in fifth grade in 1990.

There there

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Literally everything, true AND false, about Riverdale sounds terrible!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, but is it "that's loving unique" terrible or "my soap opera family/friends would love this garbage" terrible? I just don't know!!

Its like there's a section of the fanbase intent on selling it as the former and a section of the fanbase intent to say its just the latter.

The kind that i will never watch, friend

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

blue squares posted:

you post on something awful dot com

Oh poo poo, me too! Sup

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No

I refuse

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's not that complicated. Part of the story was taking place in the past. That's it. It was just an unlabeled flashback.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

They're doing something interesting for Season 2. They're releasing a video that explains the entire plot of Season 2.

I think it's probably a good idea if they're not planning any big plot twists. Laying out your plot ahead of time gets people away from digging for clues.

Yep they've even already posted it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7oeROkyPgs

It's really in depth and eye opening I can't believe what they made take place

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I think I'm going to avoid it myself. I appreciate their effort though; it'll definitely stop all those people who have "theories" that are really just spoilers they read online.

You should watch it, friend

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Are we gonna have The Talk about the word overrated in this thread too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Show made sense to me and I greatly enjoyed the journey.

Yeah I dunno why it needs to make more sense on a second viewing when it made sense the first time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

How many people who think Westworld is overrated like Nolan's previous show, PoI?

They're both great wtf

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That lasted like 2 episodes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hear

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I never watched the last episode of Kings

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

I'd watch them both, as to have an informed opinion.

This

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aww :(

At least we get the wedding

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jesus Fox really pulled out the chainsaw this year huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Siffy cancelled The Expanse. Season 3 is the last.

Jesus today sucks