Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

IRQ posted:

Wait I'm allowed to get pissed that my boss is a dumb piece of poo poo who treats me like garbage? Or did I miss Harmon doing something else?

There's definitely an undercurrent of sexual harassment in this exchange, the phone number and building walls part in particular, but Ganz understandably doesn't seem to want to spell it out.

bull3964 posted:

X-Files was amazing for what it did for mainstreaming genre shows back in the day and a lot of it stands up today. However, the mythology episodes were always pretty bad because there was never any plan and they were making it up as they went along. MOTW were always the stronger episodes of the X-Files and that's still true with the revival series. The problem is with the shorter run and the insistence of Chris Carter to inject mythology into them. That means fewer MOTW and more main plot-line that never made any sense and no one cares about.

The reviews pretty much all say the new series is fairly strong, except for the opener. Apparently there's even a fairly good Chris Carter episode! To no one's surprise the Darin Morgan episode is supposed to be spectacular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

lelandjs posted:

Unfortunately, Matt Keeslar has retired from acting entirely so even in the highly unlikely case that it did make a return it wouldn’t be the same :(.

Don't think it's true to say entirely. He's done guest starring roles in a few shows that shoot in Portland since moving there.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Imposters S1 is now on Netflix. Watch it. One of my favorite shows last year. I also assume that means S2 is gonna drop soon, which makes me happy.

I enjoyed it a lot, but if you're married to casting an Israeli actress with a shaky accent, don't make her background Pennsylvania farming country.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Magicians and Travelers both renewed, yay!

http://deadline.com/2018/02/the-magicians-renewed-season-4-syfy-1202306287/

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/03/travelers-renewed-fo-3rd-season-by.html?m=1

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Isn't The Bridge(the swedish one) supposed to be pretty good? I may give it a shot soon. Not sure if I'm digging The Frankenstein Chronicles or not yet.

The characters and performances are good. The mysteries have the "everything is connected even when there is no point in it" and the killers being super geniuses problems you so often see.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Unreal is the easy winner. And also apparently I'm the oldest person here. drat that's depressing...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

I thought there was some kind of weird charm in that Prepon just couldn't keep it together most of the time. It sucks that Masterson is such a rapey creep that I can't really watch the show anymore because of it.

Prepon was deeply involved in covering up Danny's financial assets the first time the allegations came out, and the strong rumour is that she was doing his brother when he was way underage as well.

Finding it very weird how everybody likes Santa Clarita Diet now. When the first season came out I'm pretty sure it was just me and one other guy who liked it. I remember how everybody hated Drew Barrymore in particular.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

It's okay, he'll have someone to cuddle up to in prison.

Edit: I just found out his sister was Tara on the Walking Dead and now I hate the entire family.

You can include Prepon in the family too...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

esperterra posted:

I bet he'll have a producer credit, but I doubt he'll be working on it.

I could see him directing the first episode, but I can't imagine him working on it regularly.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

Is it though? Because that just reads like consensual kink.

So consensual that all the underlings had to send in blackmail material against themselves every week.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Hugh Dancy, Philip Winchester... i have others.

Winchester is cheating as he has one parent of each nationality.

Started the new Bosch season and it's still great. Most amazing part is how Sophia from Walking Dead is one of my favourite TV teens...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Hey do we like Imposters here?

Indeed. Although the new season has been pretty aimless, Maddie's storyline in particular.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ah, now this should be easy. What you do is cast someone to play Lorna, or alternatively upgrade Hilarie Burton, whose character is basically Lorna already, to main character status.

I would love that, but she just had a baby, and after her One Tree Hill experience she's said she doesn't want to be a series regular again.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There was a big hoopla over it too where some large Buffy fan group called for a boycott of the WB and then like two days into their thing someone was like "uh, Angel is still on the WB" and the organizer looked like a stupid head.

I have no idea where you're taking this Buffy stuff from, but literally none of it is true. Their contract with WB was up after season 5 and UPN outbid them.

http://ew.com/article/2001/04/27/buffy-will-move-upn/

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Her sister is named Honeysuckle.

Her middle name is Annunziata...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Popelmon posted:

I blasted through 3 seasons of Bosch in 5 days. They even get the family stuff right, Maddie is probably one of my favorite TV teenagers and I'm always happy when I see her and Bosch on screen together.

I agree with you, and I find it amusing that the same actress played one of the most hated teenage characters ever.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Catching up with The Last OG (on TBS, for future reference) and it had an obvious product placement bit.....for the show Greenleaf on OWN. Don’t think I’ve ever seen product placement for another show, especially one on a different network.

Lucifer had several shots where promo posters for Supergirl were very prominently in shot. Of course they're both DC shows, but they were on different networks. I'd guess The Last OG and Greenleaf also have some corporate synergy going on?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Popelmon posted:

Justified update: Dewey Crowe is one of the best too-dumb-to-function side characters ever.

No coleslaw!

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
The only thing that stops me orgasming instantly at the Good Omens show is that the book kind of died for me about a third of the way through. The first third is insanely brilliant and funny, and then the rest feels like something they knocked out over a weekend after discovering they didn't actually have any more plot or jokes. Hopefully the show fixes that problem though...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Even if they cleared him, that still seems like believing the abuser and not the abused to me, and it's a real bad look for AMC to hire him back after he just caused all this controversy recently.

Your concept of how the justice system works fascinates me. Tell us more please? Like, after an accuser is automatically believed, an apparently legit investigation has been ignored because you don't like result, and the accused has had to prove his innocence rather than the accuser having to prove guilt, then what happens?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

esperterra posted:

I can understand being super apprehensive about whether the investigation bore any real fruit, whether it's even possible to fully clear him after this much time, etc. But I just can't get behind the idea that people should instantly be punished/fired when accused of something, barring it being like a Cosby situation where a shitton of people come forward to corroborate claims or with their own stories of abuse. As far as I know it's been kind of back and forth with Hardwick even before this investigation, with people backing Dykstra's story and people, even former exes, coming forward to back Hardwick.

Like it just isn't as cut and dry a situation as it would need to be for me to agree with him needing to be fired right away, or to agree with the idea that he shouldn't be allowed to have his job back if his name has been cleared. It's a super slippery slope indeed!

Has anyone really backed Dykstra's story though? I admit I haven't followed the case super closely, but all I've seen is a couple of people on Twitter who backed her claims that Hardwick recommended against hiring her afterwards or something. I haven't seen anyone backing her other claims, and most(?) of his other exes have supported him.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I want abusers, or even potential abusers in this case, to not be given a public platform.

And I want people to stop giving abusers, even potential abusers, the benefit of the doubt. The victim is who you should be standing by, not the guy who abused her.

Seriously dude (or dudette), no offence intended but you're coming as not just a little bit unhinged on this whole topic. From everything you've posted you basically want everybody who is accused of anything, with absolutely no proof, blacklisted, publicly shamed and God knows what else.

I'm all in favour of punishing the guilty, but without any due process it would be anarchy. Now you're even advocating for the accused to not be allowed to defend themselves...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

7 was good until general Buffy and the Slayerettes happened. I still really dig the first half of that season. But you're right, there are some good ones in the latter half despite that.

It started great. For the first however many episodes it was shaping up to be the strongest season, and then there was a knock on the door and it all turned to poo poo..

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was season six or season seven the one where they kill off a Sidney Bristow lookalike in a cold open because Alias had just started and people had been talking her up as a better female action hero than Buffy?

Season Seven started the first few episodes with montages of various people being chased and killed. One was a very obvious take-off of Run Lola Run and was even set in Germany. Alias also stole various aspects like the coloured wigs from there.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lycus posted:

I don't recall hating it, but I recall almost nothing about it.

But I want more Dark, drat it.

The creators signed an exclusive overall deal with Netflix, so not only will you get more Dark, you'll presumably get other series from them as well.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

X-O posted:

Minnie Driver is in camp city too much for me, also the fact that she did none of her own singing kinda sucked.

If you want to hear her singing you can always go watch Goldeneye...

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 22, 2018

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

bagrada posted:

Fox decided to bump those two filmed season 3 episodes to season 4, then cancelled the show and aired them as a 2 hour block in May instead. Then Netflix picked up the show for a real season 4 to pop up on their service in 2019. Or so I gather from Wikipedia, I still have 3-4 eps on my dvr yet.

Someones confusing Luther and Lucifer...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

gently caress

I want a Nancy Drew show so bad.

They're trying again for next year, at the CW this time.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Croatoan posted:

Man that Sabrina trailer looks really good. Kiernan Shipka is a great actress and should knock out the part. However part of me is really hoping for a lovely animatronic cat making bad jokes throughout the show.

Given that Shipka was saying that she discovered during filming that she's allergic, it appears Salem will be a real cat. The rumour is that the talking will just be subtitles, not a voice.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

He was in the 70s. Not so much in his 70s. :v:

(He won an Emmy a few years ago when he did that Steven Soderbergh tv movie about Liberace.)

He's got a Netflix show coming out soon., co-starring Alan Arkin. It's created by Chuck Lorre, but from what I understand it's not a typical multi-cam Chuck Lorre show.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mameluke posted:

Nah, but it borrows pretty heavily from Hannibal's look and its purple, wordplay-and-innuendo-laden dialogue.

The aesthetic is pretty clearly all Twin Peaks.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
New Sabrina trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKUX6thF8Q

And also Netflix are doing Narnia as movies/series whatever:

https://deadline.com/2018/10/netflix-the-chronicles-of-narnia-tv-series-and-films-eone-1202475272/

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Scooby. Doo. Episode.

It was good, but in no way as good as the car episode or the imaginary friend episode in season 11.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

esperterra posted:

It ended when it was supposed to.

That's what they said at the time, but there was an article a few days ago that said Green refused to return for another season.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

precision posted:

The time is ripe for an ill conceived War of the Worlds remake

Edit: another one, I mean. The Spielberg one was actually okay

I think the BBC recently announced a TV version. It's based on the book though, Victorian setting and all.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

precision posted:

The time is ripe for an ill conceived War of the Worlds remake

Now look what you've done:

https://deadline.com/2018/11/greg-kinnear-war-of-the-worlds-1202496041/

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 5, 2018

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

As a Welsh person, I still remember being genuinely surprised Jeff wasn't actually played by a Welsh actor.

Apparently, so was Moffatt. He was determined not to have any silly accents, and it wasn't until way into production that he discovered Richard Coyle wasn't actually Welsh.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

zoux posted:

It's set to launch late 2019, at which point they'll yank their stuff from Netflix. I'm pretty sure the Netflix originals will stay but the movies and so on will be gone.

That's not how contracts work. Disney can't just suddenly decide to pull their content, they'd get sued for billions. Most likely they're starting their service right after the Netflix deal ends.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Nobody watches Sky shows really because Sky is expensive as hell yet STILL has ads and also gently caress Rupert Murdoch

Make that gently caress Comcast...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Gonz posted:

The Rock’s manager is his ex-wife. No joke.

She's not just his manager, basically she runs every part of his business.