Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Mann posted:

Chapelle has to deal with having basically the entire country turn on him and think he had lost his mind and gone insane because he walked away from his show and went radio silent without warning even though he's fully explained why since and was IMHO was not only completely justified but showed a lot of character and bravery in doing so, I can see why he might have a unique view on the current outings of Hollywood because of that.

He still has to answer for IM RIK JAMES BITCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This first episode of Black Mirror Season 4 sure is loving terrible & I hope it picks up after this lol

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it wa bad. Meth Damon isn't a good actor at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Black Mirror 4x04: Hang the DJ is probably my favorite episode of the series thus far. I just like a sweet, happy ending once in a while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't want to live in a world where Frisky Dingo ever becomes less funny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gonz posted:

Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff are confirmed to be the next pairing for True Detective.

This is my jam, right here. Stephen Dorff is vastly underrated and will no doubt be awesome in this. And Ali's no slouch either, he loving crushes every role he takes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tin Star put out a pretty wicked CD like 20 years ago.

Edit: Ha, nevermind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD52wDTEPc0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

What has Stephen Dorff even been doing? Last I saw him was a few years ago selling e-cigs.

Last I saw him in was a flick called American Hero last year about a loser who gets telekinetic powers. He was a ton of fun in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, serious question inspired by another thread.

What is the popular opinion on Ed Pisker? I mean, Hip Hop Family Tree is excellent but he kind of looks like the biggest tool in the box.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Maybe the single best storyteller working in comics at the moment. He has an incredible grasp of cartooning, he takes on these ambitious projects, and he makes them work. Long before he was any kind of name, I had Harvey Pekar's The Beats: A Graphic History, which Piskor drew most of. I have all four Hip Hop Family Tree volumes, which are gorgeous books, after falling in love with the 2014 Free Comic Book Day issue. I can't wait for the matching oversized volumes of X-Men: Grand Design, but to support him, I even went out and bought the #1 issue, and I almost never buy single issues anymore and NEVER double-dip when I know collected editions are coming.

Mike Allred remains my favorite artist working in comics, but Ed Piskor and Tom Scioli have really risen up my list of top talents. There's an interesting podcast where both of them are interviewed at the same time. They're both Pittsburgh pals and even share a studio: https://boingboing.net/2014/08/23/tmsidk30.html

Piskor seems very cocky and brash in this interview and another more recent one (Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men), with none of the typical self-deprecation most pros at least attempt. But he has earned the right to be cocky.

This went in the wrong thread. All the January 2018 threads have too similar titles drat it!

Thanks for answering though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I've pretty much had enough of Dan Harmon for the rest of my life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Could be worse, they could reboot Tiny Toon Adventures Wacky Races Loonatics.

Also the Beavis & Butthead revival was not good. Mostly because Judge forgot how to do the Beavis voice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

Could just be vocal inability. Frank Oz's Yoda has sounded like Miss Piggy since 1999.

I think Judge even commented that he'd lost the magic. A drat shame because the Cornholio episode would have been magical had the voice been correct.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

False posted:

How did the X-Files get so awful? Was the greatness of the original just a fluke, is everyone just cynically cashing-in? I keep trying to push through since its one of my most beloved childhood memories but christ, its embarrassing (on the last ep of the 2nd to last season).

It was pretty awful in it's original run by like, season 5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I made a Black Lightning thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845609

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HorseRenoir posted:

The previous season had one really good episode that made it worth it, so I'll probably give the new one a shot when it's over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I recall at one point they said they wouldn't find the plane because they were looking in the wrong place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rarity posted:

And when you stop to think about it, you shouldn't get polar bears in tropical regions

That poor smoke monster was taken from his herd at a very young age.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't they show that the polar bears were brought to the island by Dharma?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is loving hilarious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

You're right. What is Dr Phil up to?

He and Dr Oz are preparing their campaign.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Jeopardy video loving rules. It's easily the most hilarious thing I've seen since the year started.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insane to me that this was resolved with a public apology that was then accepted. That hasn't happened once with any of the other poo poo coming out about men in politics and entertainment. It's remarkable.

It's mind blowing that it was Dan Harmon of all people. I really expected him to self destruct by the end of this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

And by "expected" I should have said "hoping".

Edit: Fuller's got another show in the works because of course he does

https://www.cbr.com/bryan-fuller-vampire-chronicles-tv/

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 11, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started watching Van Helsing, the pilot is quite bad. Does this get better? Has it been canceled? Should I bail out now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just don't want another cliffhanger cancellation. I'm on a roll with those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

It gets a lot better.

Well that's two reliable goons, I'll stick with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Season 2 is savage af.

Well now I'm sold.

On the third episode and it has massively picked up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 7 episodes into Van Helsing and you guys were right, this is pretty good. And it gets better?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

It gets very very brutal in the 2nd season. Death is everywhere and it comes for anyone and anything.

I'm ready.

zoux posted:

Casting Christopher Heyerdahl as a mute though smh

Dude's got such expressive eyes, I'm okay with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CANADA ALERT RYAN ROBBINS ON VAN HELSING

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Luvia Peterson turned up in Van Helsing's third season as well.)

Don't get my hopes up like that.

Edit: Just wrapped up season 1, pretty good cliffhanger!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 13, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Here comes the crazytrain.

Season 2 isn't on Netflix yet what am I supposed to do????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I mean, i have answers...

The season is on Google Play so I bought it.

I loving love Eliza Dushku and I am horrified by what happened to her. That guy needs a massive beating and a lengthy prison sentence where he is routinely beaten by his fellow inmates.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HorseRenoir posted:

. I wonder how many else woke male celebrities are going to pull a Louis CK.

I'm starting to believe that if you're a dude and you're incredibly vocal about women's right we should assume you're a piece of poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Mann posted:

He was a popular minority comedian who did a lot of material about racism and sexism, people who are triggered by that are incredibly happy to have a legitimate reason to finally vocalize hating him. It's very much that "BLM are the real violent thugs", "people who protest sexism are the real sexists" school of rear end in a top hat.

I loving loved the dude, him and Louis were among what I considered the best of modern comedy.

Also if Donald Glover is outed as a monster I will blow this motherfucker up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Van Helsing continues to be incredible. Was watching last night when MIssy Perygrym showed up and now my fiance (who adores her) is also hooked.

And the team just got pulled over by police cars. I love this loving show.

Edit: OMG THEY'RE GONNA BE CANNIBALS

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 15, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vegetable posted:

Master of None

I wonder how long Netflix will keep this show up on their service.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do we have a Van Helsing thread because I want to gush over Julius discovering modern potato chips.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Van Helsing is so, so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did anyone else just feel that shockwave that hit the forums? I wonder what it coul

Rarity posted:

Person of Interest is hot garbage :colbert:

Mother of GOD.