Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

On another note, how were the new Chappelle specials?

The Bird Revelation was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

He should pull a Tim Schafer and crowdfund his next project so all the fans who defend him as being unfairly yanked around by the studios can pull a 180 as soon as its their money on the line.

Star Citizen: The Game: The TV Show by Bryan Fuller

Pledge now!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It's incredible through the end of season 3. Season 4 is not as good.

This is true, but the actual final episode is very good and a great finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Mick was on fire tonight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Black Lightning is real good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Croatoan posted:

Are you guys serious about Black Lightning? All I've seen is the trailer and holy poo poo that costume just looks dumb AF.

Black Lightning is real good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So this will be just like Fringe only instead of Walter did it, Lex did it.

Popelmon posted:

gently caress me sideways the first episode of Banshee does NOT gently caress around. Does it keep going like this?

Yes, Banshee owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 30, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I tried to watch Banshee because of all the talk I’ve seen in the thread and it hasn’t grabbed me yet. Only on episode three, does it pick up?

If you don't like it by episode 3 it probably just isn't for you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

1. and the 100 for me. Is that show good again? I dropped off after season 3.

S4 was good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Season 4 was... not great. Better than Season 3 by a mile, but nothing that had me like "drat I can't wait for the next season" or anything.
I don't think season 5 has even started yet, has it? I haven't seen it come up on the CW site when I go there to watch other CW shows.

It's starting in late March or early April, just like iZombie.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just using that example, Gaiman was 100% right and his change made the scene much better.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 4, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Popelmon posted:

I read so many times that season 4 sucks that I was almost ready to ditch it entirely but finding out that Dushku is on S4 makes me actually look forward to it.

It took me a long time to notice this :downs:

By the way, Banshee probably has the biggest gap between the quality of the show and the quality of the intro. Or in other words: the intro is loving garbage.

You motherfucker. These are fighting words :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spatula City posted:

Altered Carbon owns so far. I'm afraid to go into the thread, because I know it'll be a shitshow. I just know it.

The thread is fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spatula City posted:

Take it slowly. I binged it in two gulps, and got overwhelmed and confused by the sheer number of things going on by the end.
It has almost zero subtlety in how it handles its big themes. but if you stick around to...I wanna say the seventh episode, there's some pretty good payoffs. In the end stretch it goes really brutal, in ways that may be hard to stomach. A lot of critics called it problematic, and they're not per se, wrong, but they're aggressively clickbaiting and refusing to engage with the show on anything other than an outrage culture level, because that appears to be what dumb millennial readers want.

Go on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

less laughter posted:

Asian guy sleeved into the body of a white guy (played by Joel Kinnaman)
Latina grandma sleeved into the body of a white guy (played by Matt Biedel)
Black mother sleeved into the body of a white guy (played by Cliff Chamberlain)

Three minority acting roles putting food on the table for... well, you get the point.

lol

Btw the mom was white.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The changes from the book were really the worst part, like making Reileen his sister instead of another crime boss, or Stacks an alien thing, and so on. I liked the series, a lot, even, but a lot of the changes had me scratching my head and asking “why?”

Unless the character and their plot was better in the books, that was a good change. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Orville is basically a shittier offbrand version of something from your childhood. It's familiar(pretty sure every episode is just a ripoff homage of a TOS/TNG one), but they used way worse ingredients.

The Expanse is excellent.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In any other show, fat gangster would've been the season long villain.

Not Banshee :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

I didn't realize it took place like five years before TOS, I'm interested to see how they're going to explain the difference in aesthetics. "Quick, everyone get rid of all this cool looking tech and switch over to cheap fake crap"

The answer is who cares. The only people that care about that are the same ones that wonder why the klingons look different. TOS did the best they could for the era, but now things don't have to look like butt.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Nope. What are other Netflix shows that got axed after one season?

The Get Down and Girlboss come to mind. I think those might be it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

The Joel McHale Show: a high-definition professionally edited montage of people in South Korean dramas being hit by cars with five seconds of Joel McHale smirking at the end, still less than a minute long

Twitter: "DAE notice how bad drivers are in kdrama?? #injoke #meme #hashtag*", 20 different poorly edited and compressed video embeds separated by a wall of @s and reactions

YouTube: Top 10 Korean Driver FAILS, random thing on the thumbnail circled with the obnoxious YouTube personality posing with their mouth open, 12 minutes long

Facebook: When drivers from [where you live] go to China!! 😂👌

All of these options are terrible.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

I gotta say this season of Strike back started a bit awky... but it's loving great in the backend.

Episode 9 is a face melter.

Yea the first 2 episodes were kinda mediocre, but then it picks up from there and is real good. The hallway scene in episode 5 was :discourse:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TMMadman posted:

Awww, it looks like the iZombie thread got archived and this fun and silly show is back for it's 4th season tonight!

Premiere was good. The new status quo will be interesting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

New season of Strike Back was good. :black101:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Croatoan posted:

So I got caught up in a random episode of The Good Fight and holy poo poo, this is a good show. So The Good Wife was this good too?

Yes the show was good. The recurring lawyers, and some judges, were great too.

Also it looks like s2 of The Good Fight premieres tomorrow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Croatoan posted:

I just mean that the details of the show aren’t very realistic when you break it down. It was very tight in the first two episodes of the season but when you have lawyers bantering back-and-forth in front of a judge it’s just not that realistic.

It was never realistic, even in the first 2 seasons of The Good Wife :ssh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

I would have loved for the first half of JJ to be Jessica doing sleuth work as we get to know her and Trish, etc. Slowly tie her case(s) into the Killgrave stuff instead of going straight into it and dragging it out all season. Either that or have SOMETHING else for Killgrave to do other than keep getting away b/c it takes Jessica six episodes to realize maybe the collateral damage isn't worth avoiding the guilt of just killing him already.

I also would have loved for JJ to be played by someone else, but eh. Ritter is great for most of it, I just don't buy it when she tries to sell vulnerable and dramatic stuff. She's great at the sarcastic, drunk rear end in a top hat stuff tho.

:agreed:

Yea it's amazing how instead of giving her a few episodes of doing her PI job / worldbuilding, they decided that Killgrave escaping a ton was the better option.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Santa Clarita Diet s2 was great

Realators

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

less laughter posted:

Strike Back has just been renewed for season 7 :toot:

:hellyeah: The new season was real good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Krypton is confusing a bit. So is this Brainiac from the future that also came back in time or did he send himself a message? And Georgina Campbell's hair is on firggin point, I'm loving the shaved in pattern she's sporting.

He's just Brainiac from their current time. The little ball drone thing was just a scout so he could find another planet to capture or whatever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but how did he get wind of Krypton early?

Even though the drone already found Krypton, maybe it will take him 3 generations to get there in his cool space ship :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why are they doing this

Because they ran out of ideas the season before the Vice one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wow, how bad was that show to die after 1 season?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

How many people who think Westworld is overrated like Nolan's previous show, PoI?

Me. But PoI is better than Westworld so far.

feedmyleg posted:

- Westworld is even better the second time around, and rewatching deepens the show significantly.

I disagree. If anything, it makes it worse because it shows how staggering dumb some of the plots are.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Also, is Black Lightning not part of the day-after-the-finale deal with Netflix? LoT S3 is up already.

E: NM just checked it's eight days not next day.

I'm psyched to see it because of how good the reviews have been, but what sets it apart from the other CW DC shows?

I really like that Jefferson is basically a hero to Freeland(or at least the highschool) even before he puts on the suit. The show also spends some time showing how his actions affect the community and how they actually like BL. Tobias is a fun villain to watch and there isn't any terrible CW induced drama.
Basically

Rhyno posted:

They built a wall around the Flash and Arrow writers rooms to quarantine the BL writers from possible infection.

But really, a great setting, wonderful cast and shorter season really helped them put together an amazing package. LoT is still the best show but BL gives it a run for it;s money.

also Black Lightning is way better than LoT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

http://tvline.com/2018/04/23/lethal-weapon-season-3-cancellation-clayne-crawfords-behavior/

Turns out Lethal Weapon might be canceled because Clayne Crawford is a horrible person.

Well that makes the show a lot less fun :(

Have him get recast with someone else and no one says anything gets my vote.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arist posted:

Clayne Crawford got fired from Lethal Weapon

Time to introduce Martin Rigg's long lost brother, Martinez Riggs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

The CW has decided to not move forward with their Lady Supernatural spin off.

I thought that's what Wynonna Earp was on Syfy?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Have Lucifer replace Martin Riggs on Lethal Weapon. Lucifer's actor but also the character Lucifer.

Boom problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Better update that cancelled list