Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

i got on a Beatles kick today and i've gotta say, one of the big streamers needs to team up with the BBC and do the big blowout Beatles limited series that the story of that band deserves. I've always wondered about how a Beatles movie would look but I think you could make about 5 different movies about various parts of the history of the band, so it almost just makes more sense for someone to make 13 episodes and try and fit as many of their songs in as possible.

there are a million possibilities too. You could do episodes from the early days about John, Paul, George and Stu in Liverpool, the Beatles in Hamburg's red light district, meeting Brian Epstein/Stuart Suttcliffe's death/getting signed by George Martin, replacing Pete with Ringo all leading up to an episode about the day they recorded Please Please Me, and following that then you have Beatlemania taking over Britain, the British Invasion/playing Ed Sullivan, touring/making Hard Day's Night/meeting Bob Dylan and Dylan introducing them all to pot, John and George getting dosed with LSD by their dentist, playing Shea Stadium, making Rubber Soul, John Lennon opening his big fat mouth repeatedly, the final tour, making Revolver, and then you get into the really good stuff with Yoko, Clapton, Maharishi, Timothy Leary, Billy Preston, Phil Spector, the Stones, the Beach Boys, and Apple Records.

someone needs to get the gently caress on this now.

I mostly agree with you on this but there are some good documentaries out there. There's the one Ron Howard did that's on Hulu about their touring years that's good, one on Netflix about Sgt. Peppers that I thought kind of sucked, and a rather lengthy one on Netflix about George Harrison that is very good. I've been obsessing over the Beatles for like a couple years now and those have been holding me over on stuff to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Popelmon posted:

Oh poo poo Amy Smart is in Justified. This show just keep getting better and better.

I was watching Justified and while back and stopped for no reason, and after seeing a couple posts about it here I decided to watch the next episode from where I left off and she showed up. Seeing Amy Smart is cool, Michael Rapaport, not so much. But Rapaport at least isn't as annoying in Justified as he usually is, not yet anyway.

After bringing the Expanse, I'm not yet ready for another binge, so Justified season 5 is probably going to be a slow burn for me.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

I'm about halfway through Disenchantment and I'm enjoying it.

Rocksicles posted:

Don't go in the thread, it's a garbage fire.

I just finished Disenchantment and I really liked it. It's not amazing by any means, but it definitely scratches that Futurama itch for me. I tried reading the thread for it and it seemed like while there may have been a few valid criticisms, most people were just trying to find things to not like about it. Some people are just way too picky about what they watch.