Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Korea... check
Lost... check

*RUNS INTO THREAD LOOKING AT HIS WATCH, RUNNING OUT OF BREATH*

B-b-b-battlestar Galactica!

Happy New Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Happy 2018!

Please read this article and stop pretending that The West Wing is a good show.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/04/how-liberals-fell-in-love-with-the-west-wing

Bailed out at the Lin-Manuel Miranda quote. Also the odd comparison between TWW and Scandal of all things? TWW was a good show, that can be enjoyed while realizing that reality and TV are two different things.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yes, 'The Bird Revelation' and 'Equanimity' from memory. Not seen either yet, so appreciate feedback too. Haven't seen the 2 previous ones either, mind!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

I only just noticed this thread’s title doesn’t have the word “Couch” in it. What a terrible mistake

It turns out the couch in question was the infamous casting couch. Goddamnit 2017.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In fairness, I don’t think it’s the dead guy complaining.

He didn’t monetize the video, but it’s pretty gross and he’s apologized.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DivisionPost posted:

No no no no no, I’m shutting this down right now. Have you read his apology?

Ah I actually hadn’t beyond the first few sentences I saw on a twitter post, and I skipped the rest as his face had irritated me enough for the day and I was done with him.

My earlier post reads more like I’m defending him, so I retract it. From the word go he’s sounded gross and I just want him to disappear.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CBJSprague24 posted:

I found The Wire Season 1 at Walmart for $10 so it became a late Christmas present and, even though it's been a slow buildup to this point, I'm enjoying it. Think I just finished episode 4, the one with the topless, lesbian makeout session at the end.

The world building is slow but amazing, so when things get a kick up the butt you’re insanely invested as you know the ins and outs of both sides. I love season 1 so much.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

I feel like there was something else he was supposed to be working on :thunk:

Fantasy Football is over for the season.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Less forgot, and more struggles to do it as he’s gotten older. I thought the revival was great, and riffing on MTV shows was a great idea from both a business point of view, and to show how things have changed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zoolander 2049 looking pretty good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wouldn’t it have been more like the Robot Chicken parody episodes?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like to poo poo on awards shows, especially the godawful pairing of musical and comedy but

quote:

Best actress in a TV series (musical/comedy)
Pamela Adlon, Better Things
Alison Brie, GLOW
WINNER: Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Issa Rae, Insecure
Frankie Shaw, SMILF

Holy crap. That’s all kinds of wonderful, from the nominees to the winner.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It turns out Brett was in our Eagleheart all along.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It would’ve been super fun as a Lord/Miller film. This is the first real time I think Disney have dropped the ball.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I too would avoid something if I thought it was anything like This Is Us. Never have I been so glad a show just seemed to have fallen off the face of discussion.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

nate fisher posted:

I never knew this guy...

...was this guy

until now.

My mind was blown when I found out Vasquez in Aliens was John Connor’s foster mom in Terminator 2. I’m so terrible at recognizing people if they change anything about their appearances.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

I'm gonna ask a question about MOVIES so beware, but I saw Blade Runner 2049 recently so that's three Villenueve movies in a row that I've been very impressed by. How are Enemy and Prisoners?

Prisoners was horribly overlooked and should’ve had a best picture nomination. Brilliant performances from Gyllenhaal, Jackman, and Dano as well as the excellent cinematography you should now expect. Must watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Amongst all its crimes, the biggest thing wrong with that Heathers trailer is the fact they tagged it as Red Band.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

I'm watching The Resident and someone finally didn't shock a flat lining patient. Not sure if the show has legs, I'd need to see jerk resident with the heart of gold get fleshed out a bit.

My wife asked me to DVR this just because she was hoping for some accuracy in a medical show. She probably feels the same watching any movie/tv show with anyone in the hospital that I do the moment anyone opens a laptop. She needs a medical Mr. Robot.

I think LL might’ve been a little overhyped, but I did really digged the ‘Oceans 11 but with NASCAR people’ angle it did. Can see why Soderbergh did it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's a really good tonal match, I like it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

22-24 episode seasons kill any chance of good arcs, so I just watch sitcoms on network and leave dramas to movies and cable.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Should be an interesting watch as the budget for each episode veers between $25k and $1m.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

swickles posted:

I think they are making amends for Scarface.

Ha, I was literally here to post the exact same thing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Quite enjoyed the first episode of that Corporate show that others have mentioned, will keep up with it. Annoying that CC didn't supply Amazon with the unbleeped version though like they do with South Park, there's no reason to use censored episodes online, it's just irritating.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good Place works because it's a smart way of doing it, just like the 'Fecks!' in Father Ted. But bleeped swearing is godawful, especially on cable channels or online. I don't need to be protected from the naughty words.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Croatoan posted:

I think they're the same people who like Zippy the Pinhead and Achewood.

I love Eric Andre and I’ve barely found a single Achewood strip that even makes me smile.

But I also love Will Laren and hate the Simpsons Pictures I Drew guy, so this might not mean anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Joe Mande bought a million followers, put this in his bio, but still found people paid a lot more attention to him and even got work out of what was essentially a prank that cost him a few $hundred.

Ridiculous to suspend someone if that’s all they’ve done.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

She could go away.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A lot of it started when she badmouthed Knocked Up when it was still fresh and they were trying to get butts in seats. I think all parties are over it now, though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The fact they’re making something I loved as a kid, and still really enjoy now (while still making sure the kids are obsessed with it too) is pretty impressive.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, I posted the same strip in the cord cutters thread. Kelly is always the best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It just dawned on me that rather than giving Lord and Miller a live action Star Wars film to work on, they should’ve just been given the all clear to essentially do Clone High again but with Star Wars characters.

They should’ve definitely used the time off to do CH s2, regardless.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Were either ME MYSELF AND I or THE MAYOR worth watching? I didn't really hear much about them between premiering and getting cancelled, but I know good stuff gets killed off all the time. Not sure whether to give them a whirl or free some DVR space. I liked the look of Mayor from the tv clips, and always liked Bobby Moynihan.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

The Mayor was good and funny, but I couldn't honestly recommend it given everything else in the world.

Yeah, time is the massively limiting factor. I’m stupidly behind on pretty much everything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Those first three eps of AP Bio hit the spot for me, I hope the kids get developed over time (it's understandable everyone is a bit 2D as there's a loot of regular cast plus guest cast so far) but the main combo of Glenn/Patton is working nicely. Really like the style of it all too, interesting color timing and a touch overexposed suits it and makes it stand out. Has the 'weird eyes' thing that seems to be a trend though (a la Baywatch movie from last year). Looking forward to seeing the rest, and how it develops beyond a 'one act of revenge a week with a bit of arc' it's doing right now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember NBCs online stuff being pretty good for the summer olympics, but holy crap it's dreadful for these ones. Watching the snowboarding the other night, the second someone would finish their run it would go into (the same) commercial so you'd get no replays or discussion. Seemed to do similar for other sports too. Like, I'd even throw them $ to give me pure feeds with no breaks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It can suck finding out that stuff in advance, but their relationship is great and you don’t have anything to worry about.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m DVRing it as it sounds like my kind of jam.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In fairness, everyone could see SeeSo folding the day it was started. Had good shows but so niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

precision posted:

As I said in the thread, it's not better - and no worse - than Reality Bites or Empire Records. It takes the 90s at face value, which even My So-Called Life didn't.

From the trailer, I was super worried it was going to be too much forced ‘remember this’ stuff. The worst kind being the ‘have you heard of this thing called the internet? I bet it’ll never take off! Wink wink’ kind and I hope the show avoids that.

The difference between a show about the 90s and one made in the 90s is we now get to cherry pick the references from a decade, knowing it won’t be stuff that was forgotten in the void. So every 10 seconds you can talk about something that was so huge everyone still has the memory, rather than being like ‘what was that?’ because it never caused a lasting impression.