Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Snak posted:

I'm on my third watch through of Patriot and it really is amazing.

Also, Chance is really loving good and I probably want to make a huge effort post about why sometime.

It was episode three's conversation about the Banach Tarski paradox that sold it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They are both exactly equally well worth your time. The only question here, which only you can answer, is would you prefer to binge the more lighthhearted one first or the more serious one?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Catching up, season 2 of Chance so far is even better than the first was. House broke bad.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Counterpart:

I'm only halfway through the pilot but I thought I'd just pause it to drop in here and say wow. I'm really impressed with the way they dealt with a washed out post-middle-aged man meeting himself and comparing regrets with his alt-universe other self. That was really well done in my opinion. They acknowledge the vast amount of variables involved is enough to send you insane if you think too much about it, and they also touch on the nature/nurture debate while they make it clear that every decision one can take has it's advantages and regrets.

And I'm not even at the 40 minute mark. If the rest of the series is as well-thought-out as this I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

Edit: Also, loving PROCTOR!!!

edit2: Finished the first ep; and holy poo poo I hope this is going to be Fringe on steroids!

Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 19, 2018

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

swickles posted:

Uh, have you seen JK Simmons shirtless?

Yeah :)