Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

seiferguy posted:

Are there any Aaron Hernandez jerseys left?

I'm sure a few are hanging around :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hernandez was not a terrible player, he was a terrible killer.

There is a difference

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hernandez was not a terrible player, he was a terrible killer.

There is a difference

I mean he killed half a dozen to a dozen people. I'd say he was probably a pretty good killer, but a horribly bad criminal.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm sure a few are hanging around :v:

:drat:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hope?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/951232867035766786

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

At this point my heart is set for either Smith or Cousins coming and dragging the Browns to a 4-6 win season and any other decision contest tu to this will be a huge loving mistake.

Get the decent/good QB, pay him more than his worth and build a wall around him to he can pass to Gordon every god damned time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kirk Cousins is way younger than I thought he was, I don't know why he'd want to play for the Browns aside from just not wanting to play for the team with the most racist name in all of American professional sports. Money I guess, but isn't he already the highest paid quarterback ever and don't most really rich athletes make most of their money from poo poo other than actually playing their sport?

Are Cleveland winters milder than DC ones?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Skwirl posted:

Kirk Cousins is way younger than I thought he was, I don't know why he'd want to play for the Browns aside from just not wanting to play for the team with the most racist name in all of American professional sports. Money I guess, but isn't he already the highest paid quarterback ever and don't most really rich athletes make most of their money from poo poo other than actually playing their sport?

He really loving hates Dan Snyder. Dude would play anywhere to get away from him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

The DC area sports team had a chance to pay him a long term contract and instead pussyfooted around it so much they paid him more money in franchise tags than they would have with an actual long term deal. By all accounts he is pretty clearly done with that poo poo and wants an actual contract, and is fully aware he's running out of time to get that while doing well enough to make it deserved

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Cousins can get the Browns involved in the bid war for him, and that's what's important.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Zoran posted:

Cousins can get the Browns involved in the bid war for him, and that's what's important.

Right, good point. He says he's interested in the Browns, drives up the price if we throw money at him, he signs with...I dunno...the Jets with NY money instead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns still have the most cap space, right? Like if they wanted him they could absolutely get him? This is assuming the front office isn't a bunch of loving morons this time around.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
(I still say throw it all at Drew Brees and a 30 site Jimmy Johns contract with it being the state meal...possibly key to the city so he can drop it off anywhere)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He really loving hates Dan Snyder. Dude would play anywhere to get away from him.

I can't blame him for that. If I had a job that involved interacting with Dan Snyder I'd be looking for other work, and would probably even take pay cut.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Browns still have the most cap space, right? Like if they wanted him they could absolutely get him? This is assuming the front office isn't a bunch of loving morons this time around.

110mil in space this year. Actually more than when we went into FA previously.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nope. The 'Skins can still franchise him for a third year in a row. We have the cap space AND we're retarded. Checkmate, Cleveland.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Just because the Browns offer the most money, doesn't mean he signs it.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I can't get over the 180° from last year's thread where the consensus was that the '08 Lions would have flattened the '16 Browns.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/951162642084790272?s=17
:unsmith:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Not at all. DC has gentle winters relative to Cleveland. DC summer though is hot and miserable. Cousins played at Michigan State and throws the ball fine in the rain, so I don't know that weather will be a big concern.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The rumors are that he actually likes Snyder. The problem is with the coach and perhaps the GM as well.

Kirk would be insane to go to Cleveland, however, assuming Denver opens up the cap to make a play or Jacksonville comes calling (and they would be idiots not to).

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Browns have a decent line, some decent weapons in Gordon and Njoku and 2 top 5 picks to get him help. Dorsey is at least a half-assed drafter.

A win would be enough to make the city happy. I could think of worse places (Jets, staying in town) to go.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yudo posted:

Not at all. DC has gentle winters relative to Cleveland. DC summer though is hot and miserable. Cousins played at Michigan State and throws the ball fine in the rain, so I don't know that weather will be a big concern.

The rumors are that he actually likes Snyder. The problem is with the coach and perhaps the GM as well.

Kirk would be insane to go to Cleveland, however, assuming Denver opens up the cap to make a play or Jacksonville comes calling (and they would be idiots not to).

Snyder put the kibosh on every extension negotiation. There is no GM right now just team president Bruce Allen who made a career being Snyders right hand.

A player finally took it well
https://twitter.com/TheSchoGoesOn53/status/951482282715598849

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 11, 2018

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
What in the hell is up with so many people and their “THE PARADE WILL MAKE US A LAUGHING STOCK THINK OF THE NEGATIVE NATIONAL ATTENTION” arguments. You’re already The Browns, you’re already Cleveland. Deal with it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Those people are idiots and have no sense of humor.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How many weeks can Hue go winless in 2018 before he's fired?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'd say 7.

Unless we have a week 4 bye.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Prediction

1-15 but the win comes in the first week and that keeps him employed the whole season

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When Lake Erie thaws and he takes a belly flop into the water.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Confirmed Belichick didn't want to send Jimmy to Cleveland.

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/951519931010560000

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Would Garoppolo lead to Cleveland having a significantly better 2017 season, not necessarily a winning one, but maybe going 4-12 instead of 0-16?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The interesting part...

quote:

“And Belichick was worried that if he opened up Garoppolo to the highest bidder and sent him to a place that’s known for instability – which is Cleveland – that within a year that player, Jimmy Garoppolo, is going to be on the free market and he had a very good chance that he was going to sign either with Buffalo or the New York Jets – both of them who are looking for a franchise quarterback. And [if Garoppolo ends up being as good as Belichick thinks], he thought he’d end up beating the Patriots twice a year with Jimmy Garoppolo as quarterback and that would be something that would be unpalatable for Bill Belichick.”

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Prediction

1-15 but the win comes in the first week and that keeps him employed the whole season

Week 1 will be against a division rival so it will be a loss.

Fun fact, the Browns have won exactly 1 week 1 game since returning in 1999.

Skwirl posted:

Would Garoppolo lead to Cleveland having a significantly better 2017 season, not necessarily a winning one, but maybe going 4-12 instead of 0-16?

Kizer was actively worth negative wins, so Jimmy probably would have gotten at least one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Week 1 will be against a division rival so it will be a loss.

Fun fact, the Browns have won exactly 1 week 1 game since returning in 1999.
There are no facts about the Browns that can be accurately categorized as "fun."

quote:

Kizer was actively worth negative wins, so Jimmy probably would have gotten at least one.

Ahh. See above.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean he killed half a dozen to a dozen people. I'd say he was probably a pretty good killer, but a horribly bad criminal.

He's suspected of killing that many? Jesus.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Randaconda posted:

He's suspected of killing that many? Jesus.

We know he killed (beyond a reasonable doubt): Two guys who bumped into him at a club, by gunning them down in their car and Odin Lloyd out of fear he'd squeal.

He also shot a fellow in Florida in the eye, but he lived, and gave the best testimony, really top notch stuff.

He probably did a bunch of other stuff while in college, but who knows.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kalli posted:

We know he killed (beyond a reasonable doubt): Two guys who bumped into him at a club, by gunning them down in their car and Odin Lloyd out of fear he'd squeal.

He also shot a fellow in Florida in the eye, but he lived, and gave the best testimony, really top notch stuff.

He also killed himself, which counts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

He also killed himself, which counts.

It's not illegal to kill yourself. It's illegal to try and fail, but I have yet to see someone get charges filed against them after succeeding.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kalli posted:

There were running jokes that anytime there was an unsolved murder in Gainesville that Hernandez was responsible while he was down there. He had tattoo mementos of each murder he committed, as well, iirc.

Conclusively we know that he killed four people (including himself) and there are a handful of other unsolved murders that he was likely party to.

He also had CTE so loving bad his brain looked like a 90 year old with severe dementia.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr. Nice! posted:

There were running jokes that anytime there was an unsolved murder in Gainesville that Hernandez was responsible while he was down there. He had tattoo mementos of each murder he committed, as well, iirc.

Conclusively we know that he killed four people (including himself) and there are a handful of other unsolved murders that he was likely party to.

He also had CTE so loving bad his brain looked like a 90 year old with severe dementia.

Was the CTE bad enough before the pros though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I forget who said it but "Hernandez died doing what he loved most - killing someone."

• Locked thread