Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What if Hernandez was actually murdered and it was made to look like suicide. Probably had someone who didn't want him to snitch or get payback for something he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If that, then heh.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gatts posted:

What if Hernandez was actually murdered and it was made to look like suicide. Probably had someone who didn't want him to snitch or get payback for something he did.

Nah, he has a good dude who looked out for others

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What if he faked his death and is actually playing in the CFL as defensive end Aaron Lavarias?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I forget who said it but "Hernandez died doing what he loved most - killing someone."

I think this was my joke.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AsInHowe posted:

I remembered your joke. I knew it was someone here, should have included that. It's a great joke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was the CTE bad enough before the pros though?

He certainly was at Seau levels before he was drafted. He only played a couple of seasons of pro ball, so most damage was probably done long before he got there.

Gatts posted:

Nah his suicide was probably deliberate because 1. He had a brain that was so corroded every day was probably hell for him and 2. It was the only way to ensure that most of his estate went to his daughter. Aaron Hernandez is technically an innocent man in the eyes of the law since he died while his criminal appeals were still pending.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AsInHowe posted:

It was on twitter and you copied it or unfortunately came up with it later

Or you have a really famous twitter account

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That account stole it from my friend.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What the hell thread am I in?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The thread of the upcoming 2018 AFCN champions Cleveland Browns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hockles posted:

hell thread

You got it right

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The thread of the upcoming 2018 AFCN champions 7-8-1 Cleveland Browns.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am very perturbed at the amount of people advocating for taking Barkley at #1 if we sign Cousins (lol) or somehow don't want to take a QB at 1. You auction that pick off, once the Giants get wind of this they will give us something for a pick swap, and other teams will give more. I want Darnold but if YOU don't want a QB at one you trade the pick. This isn't from people here, people on Browns forums and FB really want Barkley number 1!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I also do not want the Browns to draft Barkley because I like Barkley

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Michael Corleone posted:

I am very perturbed at the amount of people advocating for taking Barkley at #1 if we sign Cousins (lol) or somehow don't want to take a QB at 1. You auction that pick off, once the Giants get wind of this they will give us something for a pick swap, and other teams will give more. I want Darnold but if YOU don't want a QB at one you trade the pick. This isn't from people here, people on Browns forums and FB really want Barkley number 1!

I have misgivings about Barkleys disappearance as the season progressed. He's probably gone at 3 if not 1. I'm a huge take your QB early guy though this year. I don't think Gettleman bites on a trade though with Rosen talking and him being the clear top qb.

People seem to have convinced themselves Cousins is coming for sure, Keenum is a can't miss and Smith is younger and better than he is. Among browns fans anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In a perfect world, The Browns never draft a QB again.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

This rules. Are they really able to make meals for $0.25 each? That's really impressive.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This rules. Are they really able to make meals for $0.25 each? That's really impressive.

Places that supply food banks are dirt cheap.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Salvor_Hardin posted:

With getting food in bulk a nice plate of rice and beans is probably cheaper than that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There's a whole thread over in GWS dedicated to cheap cooking. If you know what you're doing, you can easily get all the nutrients you need and be really cheap.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

They also function off volunteers and donations. I used to volunteer at the LA Foodbank and the employee to volunteer ratio was great. One guy managing like 50 people.

Also, if you donate: don't send poo poo you wouldn't eat and check the drat expiration date. It's not a garbage service :argh:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I have misgivings about Barkleys disappearance as the season progressed. He's probably gone at 3 if not 1. I'm a huge take your QB early guy though this year. I don't think Gettleman bites on a trade though with Rosen talking and him being the clear top qb.

People seem to have convinced themselves Cousins is coming for sure, Keenum is a can't miss and Smith is younger and better than he is. Among browns fans anyway.

Smith is only 33 and in his prime.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Smith is only 33 and in his prime.

34 by the season starts and he's a game manager. Granted a massive upgrade but the fans I've seen are ignoring his previous decade of game managing for his 1 year surrounded by after the catch monsters. They really think he'll replicate this year heading into Cleveland.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In a perfect world, The Browns never draft a QB again.

Is it the Chiefs that haven't had a touchdown thrown by a QB they drafted in like 50 years?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

3 DONG HORSE posted:

They also function off volunteers and donations. I used to volunteer at the LA Foodbank and the employee to volunteer ratio was great. One guy managing like 50 people.

Also, if you donate: don't send poo poo you wouldn't eat and check the drat expiration date. It's not a garbage service :argh:

I did volunteer work at a food bank sorting and bagging potatoes and one of my dickhead coworkers wouldn't bother tossing bad spuds because "they're for poor people, they can't complain."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I did volunteer work at a food bank sorting and bagging potatoes and one of my dickhead coworkers wouldn't bother tossing bad spuds because "they're for poor people, they can't complain."

:thermidor:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Snyder put the kibosh on every extension negotiation. There is no GM right now just team president Bruce Allen who made a career being Snyders right hand.

A player finally took it well
https://twitter.com/TheSchoGoesOn53/status/951482282715598849

Allen is--for contracts, at least--effectively the GM, and has a hand with Doug Williams in talent evaluation (in the wake of the McCloughan firing, Allen was responsible for that too).

Also, I don't think Snyder put the kibosh on extension negotiations: they wanted to extend him (albeit modestly) during 2015, but Cousin's agent nixed it, arguing that he bet on himself. With that bet paying off having excellent years in 2015 and 2016, Allen, for whatever reason, simply didn't offer enough to entice Cousins off the franchise tag prior to the 2017 season. He has thus been paid nearly $50 million over two years and now has all the leverage: if he is tagged again, the transitional will cost $28m, the franchise $34m. Otherwise, he will hit free agency and make a boatload. Win, win.

I know it is very hard to believe, but the local gossip dosen't at the moment indicate that Snyder is the problem or that it is even the money (Cousins, despite now being very wealthy, still drives an old van), but rather it is his not-so-great relationship with Gruden and Gruden's lack of confidence in him that has caused this mess. That Allen got cheap helped nothing.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Is it the Chiefs that haven't had a touchdown thrown by a QB they drafted in like 50 years?

It might’ve been “game won by QB they drafted” but in any case it was broken when Mahomes started in Week 17

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
IIRC they hadn't had a drafted QB win a game before Mahomes since Todd Blackledge in the early 80s.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

'87, but they never really tried all that much.

They drafted some guy in the 2nd round in the 90's that never saw the field. After that they had Brodie Croyle who was never healthy and that's about all the QB's they selected before Saturday until Mahomes.

They were just stupid.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just bought this bad boy:

I am currently wearing this to work today. It's gotten lots of laughs from the local 49er fans.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If the browns are able to sign cousins they need to spend basically all their draft picks on OL and they'll be good.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

If the browns are able to sign cousins they need to spend basically all their draft picks on OL and they'll be good.

The guards are good, center and not Joe are average and Joe...we'll see if he's back and back to form. Backup replacement for Joe is trash against speed rushers. So everyone. Kizer couldn't figure out how to throw a loving ball inside a minute when Joe was healthy. He seriously had a ton of time in the pocket just wouldn't throw.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The guards are good, center and not Joe are average and Joe...we'll see if he's back and back to form. Backup replacement for Joe is trash against speed rushers. So everyone. Kizer couldn't figure out how to throw a loving ball inside a minute when Joe was healthy. He seriously had a ton of time in the pocket just wouldn't throw.

Well, he would throw but only after all that time and when he was being tackled. Also the ball was nearly vertical and within our or the opposing 20 yard line.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

If the Browns sign Cousins then they need to trade the 1st and drop lower, get Barkley and Fitzpatrick, then round 2 get OLine and WR.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

34 by the season starts and he's a game manager. Granted a massive upgrade but the fans I've seen are ignoring his previous decade of game managing for his 1 year surrounded by after the catch monsters. They really think he'll replicate this year heading into Cleveland.

This is exactly who Josh Gordon is, and theoretically Coleman too. Duke Johnson has pretty damned good hands out of the backfield too. That's an impressive set of weapons, and with Barkley, whew lad, he could manage the poo poo out of that offense just fine

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This is exactly who Josh Gordon is, and theoretically Coleman too. Duke Johnson has pretty damned good hands out of the backfield too. That's an impressive set of weapons, and with Barkley, whew lad, he could manage the poo poo out of that offense just fine

Hue is retaining play calling duties with input from Ken "who is AJ Green?" Zampese.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
im ded

the browns have killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hue is retaining play calling duties with input from Ken "who is AJ Green?" Zampese.

Never throw to Gordon so when you do, they won't expect it!

• Locked thread