Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

If I'm drafted by Cleveland, even in the 7th round, I'm asking for the entire contract to be guaranteed money or I walk

This but I also want the money up-front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The biggest thing holding the Browns back is that at no level of the Browns organization are they willing to admit they are years away from being competitive

they keep naively believing they are one big signing or draft away from being competitors and that attitude has hindered them for a decade now

So they just need to tank and start rebuilding?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

After watching fun in balloon land i worry about a browns parade

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Haslam would pilfer the funds like he did with his truck stops.

50% of the cap would be tied up in the huge contract they just gave their new udfa Himmy Jaslam who is on IR.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So what happens to players if they refuse to sign their draft offer? Do they drop to some kind of free agency but for rookies with a shortened pay grade?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
For anyone with hopes that John Dorsey will fix all this bullshit there's something you need to know.

Sashi Brown is gone yes but his cohorts Paul DePodesta, Andrew Berry and Hue Jackson operate outside his authority and answer only to Jimmy Haslam. "The Homeless Guy" outside the stadium that wanted Johnny Motherfucking Football drafted never stopped making the picks. It was always Jimmy and still is. This isn't bottom and it's only getting worse.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

So what happens to players if they refuse to sign their draft offer? Do they drop to some kind of free agency but for rookies with a shortened pay grade?

They go into the 2019 draft class. Where they'll be drafted by the 0-16 Cleveland Browns.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Barudak posted:

After watching fun in balloon land i worry about a browns parade

"We're having fun in no wins land..." :hfive:

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

That's probably Vince McMahon's strategy for filling out XFL rosters

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Me IRL after Coleman Brownsed their season.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

NickRoweFillea posted:

Better teams trade for them and eventually win two super bowls

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I for one am glad the Browns finished off their winless season by losing in heartbreaking fashion to a Steelers team that showed no interest in actually trying to win

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Woodchip posted:

Hue Jackson was involved there, too

:thunk:

Hue was the third shooter on the grassy knoll

Korranus posted:

That's probably Vince McMahon's strategy for filling out XFL rosters

Oh man will he sign kaep? I know vince is a big repub and kaep might not want xfl anyway, but think of the ratings...

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just bought this bad boy:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just bought this bad boy:

That shirt is boss as gently caress.

What do you think the Vegas odds will be on the Browns being the first NFL team to have back to back 0-16 seasons? Will there be a sports book that will even take that bet?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It would be funnier if they didn't explain the joke

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

gently caress Eli Manning for this poo poo btw. What a coward.

Really, and player that refuses to sign on a bad team is a bitch.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yaws posted:

Yes, he should have ruined his career to go play on a terrible team! That's the wise thing to do.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Potential Browns players need to look at this bitch and decide if they're cowards too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yaws posted:

Finally someone that understands me no matter how irrational the thought is.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Potential Browns players need to look at this bitch and decide if they're cowards too.

I hate you.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

draft picks aren’t going to refuse to sign because most draft picks dads aren’t Archie Manning and they’re certainly not independently wealthy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

NEED MORE MILK posted:

draft picks aren’t going to refuse to sign because most draft picks dads aren’t Archie Manning and they’re certainly not independently wealthy

Josh Rosen is the son of a neurosurgeon and a lawyer. He's fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad Eli pulled what he did

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The draft is bullshit and players should be allowed to sign where they want as free agents, come at me

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

The draft is bullshit and players should be allowed to sign where they want as free agents, come at me

Same. From the day they're able to get a work permit rather than volunteering in the NFL's taxpayer-funded development system.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah they’re going to claw their way to success. Starting with a 6-10 wild card entry after the rest of the division collapses.

You can't be a wild card with a 6-10 record, you could be the number 4 seed though. I don't think it's mathematically possible to get a wild card slot with a losing record.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
If the 0-16 parade really happens please send every video and youtube ever, I want to see this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fenrir posted:

If the 0-16 parade really happens please send every video and youtube ever, I want to see this.

It'll be livestreamed

https://twitter.com/AllaireMatt/status/947576659791831041

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Nervous posted:

That shirt is boss as gently caress.

What do you think the Vegas odds will be on the Browns being the first NFL team to have back to back 0-16 seasons? Will there be a sports book that will even take that bet?

I would say the odds are astronomically low, except they almost did just that over the last two seasons.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bigass Moth posted:

I would say the odds are astronomically low, except they almost did just that over the last two seasons.

one bookmaker in the UK has started putting next season's bets up

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Twinkie Czar posted:

See also: noted cowardly bitch Bo Jackson.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/947821357504651265

off to a tremendous start in the new year

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: Hue what are you doing?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He either wants to be fired, or he has the Flying J evidence that could get Haslam put away and knows nothing can get him fired

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Huebris

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: Hue what are you doing?

planting the first seeds in Jimmy's head so that in 10 months when Hue is still winless and trying to keep his job, he can say "remember how Dorsey tried to keep me from hiring my own OC"

hue is coming back for 2019 yall

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is all happening as Al Davis foresaw it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I kinda want to see this on a shirt:

edit: ugh I just saw that it was NFL memes, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Poor kid, already primed for a life of disappointment

https://twitter.com/GShihadeh/status/947626122757451776

• Locked thread