Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah they’re going to claw their way to success. Starting with a 6-10 wild card entry after the rest of the division collapses.

You can't be a wild card with a 6-10 record, you could be the number 4 seed though. I don't think it's mathematically possible to get a wild card slot with a losing record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Maybe if the draft preceded free agency.

A team could trade for a better o-line after the draft, couldn't they?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sponges posted:

It’s just crazy that they’re keeping Hue. Literally anyone could have coached the 2017 Browns and gotten the exact same results.

A non insignificant number of people would have gotten a better one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kirk Cousins is way younger than I thought he was, I don't know why he'd want to play for the Browns aside from just not wanting to play for the team with the most racist name in all of American professional sports. Money I guess, but isn't he already the highest paid quarterback ever and don't most really rich athletes make most of their money from poo poo other than actually playing their sport?

Are Cleveland winters milder than DC ones?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He really loving hates Dan Snyder. Dude would play anywhere to get away from him.

I can't blame him for that. If I had a job that involved interacting with Dan Snyder I'd be looking for other work, and would probably even take pay cut.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Confirmed Belichick didn't want to send Jimmy to Cleveland.

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/951519931010560000

Would Garoppolo lead to Cleveland having a significantly better 2017 season, not necessarily a winning one, but maybe going 4-12 instead of 0-16?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Week 1 will be against a division rival so it will be a loss.

Fun fact, the Browns have won exactly 1 week 1 game since returning in 1999.
There are no facts about the Browns that can be accurately categorized as "fun."

quote:

Kizer was actively worth negative wins, so Jimmy probably would have gotten at least one.

Ahh. See above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

He also killed himself, which counts.

It's not illegal to kill yourself. It's illegal to try and fail, but I have yet to see someone get charges filed against them after succeeding.

• Locked thread