Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thank you, Hue, for working so hard to take the mantle of "Worst HC in the history of the league" from Gus Bradley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I kinda want to see this on a shirt:

edit: ugh I just saw that it was NFL memes, sorry.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Isnt Brees already making almost $25mil a year as it is?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

evilweasel posted:

It looks like he has a contract that has fake years and a massive cap hit if he's not given a new contract in 2018. So he can get a lot more money from the Saints than anyone else because they'd have a $18m cap hit if they let him walk. He's on what is, in reality, a short-term contract (probably because the saints have been in cap hell for forever) but is on paper a long-term contract with a large signing bonus that is actually for two years spread over five.

edit: it's a two-year $25m per year contract, but $18m of the cap hit was deferred into fake years. The Saints have to re-sign him in 2018 or eat the cap hit.
This got me curious so I checked OverTheCap dot com, and yeah:

Over The Cap dot com posted:

Drew Brees signed a one year contract extension worth $24.25 million, all of which is guaranteed, on September 7, 2016 with the Saints. Brees, who had been scheduled to earn $20 million in 2016 will now earn $31.25 million, including a $30 million signing bonus per Andrew Brandt. The contract contains three voidable contract years to prorate the signing bonus. The new contract reduces Brees cap number from $30 million to $17.25 million in 2016. Brees has a no trade clause and can not be franchise tagged when his contract voids. If the contract voids and Brees is not extended the Saints will carry a dead money charge of $18 million in 2019 for Brees. The deadline for the void is the final day of the 2017 league year.
So, essentially, I think they are still kicking the can down the street lol

edit: Holy cow three of the Saints top four contract hits this year are OL
edit2: and then the other two OL are first round picks (Peat, G, #13 in 2015; Ramczyk, T, #32 in 2017). Good god, Saints.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 2, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Drew Brees leaving the saints was an idea predicated on the Saints still sucking. They no longer suck, so he's going to be there.

The Browns should get Alex Smith / Kirk Cousins, but likely won't, because the firings have told everyone that they have to draft a franchise QB #1 and that's that, and neither of those QB's are going to take a job where they will be thrown out in a year when Buffalo or Jacksonville or Arizona will be offering a long term starting gig and the same gigantic pile of money.
From what I have read the Jaguars may be content with Bortles going into next year because he has played so well this year. He has had his least bad season throwing to rookie/UDFAs most the year. I think Cousins immediately easily makes them a top four team in the AFC, and they could massage their cap to pay Cousins ~$25 a year. But who knows if they do it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 2, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Nice! posted:

Matt Ryan is super model?
(Atlanta actually ranks as the gayest city in the country by a lot of metrics annually)
Yes but its in the deep south so its not advertised like it is in San Fran.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bigass Moth posted:

Try to befriend the hobo who told Haslam to draft Manziel. I think he hangs out near terminal tower.
Theres a place in Cleveland called "Terminal Tower"!??

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bigass Moth posted:

Oh man wait until I tell you about Whiskey Island.
:randstare:

Michael Corleone posted:

It is the terminus for a lot of rapid lines. I assume that is why they named it that.
It just sounds so....Cleveland Bro nsey.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I forget who said it but "Hernandez died doing what he loved most - killing someone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AsInHowe posted:

I think this was my joke.
I remembered your joke. I knew it was someone here, should have included that. It's a great joke.

• Locked thread