Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m so excited that Hue will be back next year to keep the streak alive.

It takes a great coach to go reverse-undefeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let the record show that this happened:

Browns admins: We got zero wins this year. We had what can be documented as the worst season in NFL history. What do you think we should do?

More Browns admins: Well, when you go 0-16, there’s only one thing you can do right?

Browns GM and every other admin: Yes, let’s bring Hue back and repeat history!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hue is still going to be coach right? I mean, he is perfect for the job.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

The 0-16 finish also concluded a brutal two-year stretch for coach Hue Jackson, who has gone 1-31 since he was hired before the start of the 2016 season.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has promised that Jackson will be back in 2018, and hopefully for years after.

If I were 1-31, yes, I would be 100% certain I was being retained. I deserve it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is there any chance at all that Haslam is doing this so he can have a shot at moving the team?

Is that something he has ever wanted to do? My joke answer is maybe he wants to also move to LA??

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Can we start the CLEVELAND BROWNS 16-0 2018-19 SPECULATION STATION thread?

I think our boy Jimmy Haslam knows something we don’t and I would like to get ahead of this now.

16-0 next season. It’s time. Print the drat shirts.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So if Hue wins two games next year, he gets Coach of the Year, right?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chuck Pagano was just fired. Indianapolis GM put out a statement:

“4-12 was unacceptable and we did not get the job done. Had we went 0-16 or even 1-15, we would have gladly brought Chuck back. The search for a new coach begins today.”

He also went on to say Hue will not be looked at for Indianapolis.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hue’s young, impressionable kids: Daddy, what happens if I fail badly at something?

Hue: Nothing happens. You just go to work and keep being bad.

Hue’s young, impressionable kids: So, you shouldn’t worry about being the worst ever at something?

Hue: Not at all. I’ll be going 1-47 in my tenure as Cleveland’s coach and I’ll still be safe. Kids, just exist. You’ll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lol if you think a lake is going defeat the king of 0-16

• Locked thread