Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

please embed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/947574558982361088

Jesus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Drew Brees leaving the saints was an idea predicated on the Saints still sucking. They no longer suck, so he's going to be there.

The Browns should get Alex Smith / Kirk Cousins, but likely won't, because the firings have told everyone that they have to draft a franchise QB #1 and that's that, and neither of those QB's are going to take a job where they will be thrown out in a year when Buffalo or Jacksonville or Arizona will be offering a long term starting gig and the same gigantic pile of money.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bigass Moth posted:

The Browns can offer a larger contract than anyone else with a huge guarantee, so if he loves that paper he might.

I think AJ McCarron ends up as the day 1 started somehow. Hopefully at the cost of no draft picks.

Do you think it's possible at all for the Browns to not draft a QB #1 overall? Kirk is 100% not signing in Cleveland if they're doing that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilweasel posted:

as mike glennon found out, free agent signings happen before the draft so you don't know what the team you're signing with is planning on doing

The Bears did not appear to be in the market to draft a QB though, and also offered Glennon way more then anyone else did (by reports).

Also Cousins has a far greater stature then Glennon did, that was just a baffling signing by the Bears.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bigass Moth posted:

With the new GM I can’t say. If they sign an established Qb they might trade #1 to a team that wants to get in front of the Giants and then draft one later in the first. Anything is possible but getting Cousins or Smith who still have a lot of time left lessens the need to draft a QB right now.

I'd agree with that plan, but after the way your GM just got fired for not drafting a franchise QB, I can't imagine the new one would think to do anything but draft one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You're gonna get Pacino from heat instead.

You want to draft Keller, why?
BECAUSE HE'S GOT A BIG rear end

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

a cleveland sports radio host

https://twitter.com/AdamtheBullFAN/status/949707350478385152

so yes if you hate this you hate fun

I think the players themselves and the coaches being not cool with it is fine. But anyone in ownership / sportswriters or radio hosts whining about it need to eat poo poo. Sports are supposed to be fun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am always worried about buying a jersey because I am worried after throwing down the cash the player will either suck or rape someone

What if they turn out to be cool like Skull.gif's guy or a sweet rear end murderer like Aaron Hernandez?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Randaconda posted:

He's suspected of killing that many? Jesus.

We know he killed (beyond a reasonable doubt): Two guys who bumped into him at a club, by gunning them down in their car and Odin Lloyd out of fear he'd squeal.

He also shot a fellow in Florida in the eye, but he lived, and gave the best testimony, really top notch stuff.

He probably did a bunch of other stuff while in college, but who knows.

• Locked thread