Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

They have two picks in the top five in what is a pretty strong draft. The probability of not loving up those two picks is pretty good by chance alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Our owner Jimmy Haslam spent 100k on a study to find the best QB in 2014 class. That study said to draft Teddy Bridgewater and flagged Johnny Manziel as undraftable.

Hope is a lie and I know no better than to do so.

My team is owned by Dan Snyder, so I feel your pain. All the Browns have to do is pick Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Payne, Kay, James or even Darnold or Rosen and not draft Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield. How hard can that be?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

We're actually really good at guard :smith:

Adding Barkley, Fitzpatrick and Chubb would be huge though, and the Browns can likely get two of those three. Garrett and Chubb would be a nice tandem.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

Two former Cleveland coaches (Belichick Saban) have won 11 national Championships since the media and people of Cleveland chased them away. Imagine what would have happened if the media, people and owner of Cleveland had stuck by their guys and today there were not a Patriots dynasty but a Browns dynasty.

So...don't fire Hue?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Are Cleveland winters milder than DC ones?

Not at all. DC has gentle winters relative to Cleveland. DC summer though is hot and miserable. Cousins played at Michigan State and throws the ball fine in the rain, so I don't know that weather will be a big concern.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He really loving hates Dan Snyder. Dude would play anywhere to get away from him.

The rumors are that he actually likes Snyder. The problem is with the coach and perhaps the GM as well.

Kirk would be insane to go to Cleveland, however, assuming Denver opens up the cap to make a play or Jacksonville comes calling (and they would be idiots not to).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Snyder put the kibosh on every extension negotiation. There is no GM right now just team president Bruce Allen who made a career being Snyders right hand.

A player finally took it well
https://twitter.com/TheSchoGoesOn53/status/951482282715598849

Allen is--for contracts, at least--effectively the GM, and has a hand with Doug Williams in talent evaluation (in the wake of the McCloughan firing, Allen was responsible for that too).

Also, I don't think Snyder put the kibosh on extension negotiations: they wanted to extend him (albeit modestly) during 2015, but Cousin's agent nixed it, arguing that he bet on himself. With that bet paying off having excellent years in 2015 and 2016, Allen, for whatever reason, simply didn't offer enough to entice Cousins off the franchise tag prior to the 2017 season. He has thus been paid nearly $50 million over two years and now has all the leverage: if he is tagged again, the transitional will cost $28m, the franchise $34m. Otherwise, he will hit free agency and make a boatload. Win, win.

I know it is very hard to believe, but the local gossip dosen't at the moment indicate that Snyder is the problem or that it is even the money (Cousins, despite now being very wealthy, still drives an old van), but rather it is his not-so-great relationship with Gruden and Gruden's lack of confidence in him that has caused this mess. That Allen got cheap helped nothing.

• Locked thread