Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Even if their record isn't entirely Hue's fault keeping him makes it look like they're still not trying. Free agents have probably already been avoiding Cleveland. Keeping Hue might be what it takes for a draft pick to refuse to sign.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Is there any chance at all that Haslam is doing this so he can have a shot at moving the team?

Is that something he has ever wanted to do? My joke answer is maybe he wants to also move to LA??

They're just planning ahead and see that at least one of the current LA teams will fail again. They're planning so far ahead they already believe again that an LA team will work next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The biggest thing holding the Browns back is that at no level of the Browns organization are they willing to admit they are years away from being competitive

they keep naively believing they are one big signing or draft away from being competitors and that attitude has hindered them for a decade now

So they just need to tank and start rebuilding?

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

NickRoweFillea posted:

So what happens to players if they refuse to sign their draft offer? Do they drop to some kind of free agency but for rookies with a shortened pay grade?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Potential Browns players need to look at this bitch and decide if they're cowards too.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Have the Browns gotten so bad that nobody wants to coach there? Are they keeping Hue because they reached out and didn't find any interest in the job? There are always problems with taking over a bad team but it's all so much worse with Cleveland. Did Hue create job security by disproving the idea that anybody can come in a win a couple games?

Finger Prince posted:

See also: noted cowardly bitch Bo Jackson.

Noted bitch John Elway completes the trifecta and reminds us that it's good to play baseball.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The owner loving things up is common enough and lots of candidates would deal with it for an opportunity and a pay day. But now enduring a winless season is a realistic fear and someday the FBI might come knocking, asking if you witnessed certain activity.

Hue Jackson, coach for life.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Michael Corleone posted:

Bill Simmons used to say you need a Madden guy to control the clock and time management. Literally anyone with a basic understanding of football would be better than Hue, with good coordinators I would have gotten the team a win or two, and I would do it for just the swag the coaches get to wear!

You also need a Madden like guy that the players will listen too. Hue probably is smart enough not to run a QB sneak with 15 seconds left and no timeouts but it doesn't matter if the players do their own thing.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
cleveland.com is already streaming and has interviewed the parade queen and shown some floats.

https://www.facebook.com/clevelandcom/

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The first vehicle in the parade has logos of Petro and TravelCenters of America, rivals of Pilot Flying J.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
It's like people involved with the parade are afraid some rear end in a top hat is going to show up and start a fight.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The first step is to admit you're in ruins. The Browns are still acting like there's a process going on and that Hue has some magic left.

• Locked thread