Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Id like to see how many late leads harbaugh teams have blown and if any other active coach even comes close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'm worried about playing a team that actually wants to run the ball as much as possible, KC's run defense is utter poo poo.
Reggie Ragland will need to have a big game.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
wgr 550 in buffalo:

http://v6.player.abacast.net/2103

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It's pretty :smith: that the 10-second runoff actually decided a playoff berth. Not that the Lions would have done squat against the Rams.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
BILLLLSLSSLSLLSSSSS

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Reggie Ragland will need to have a big game.

He will

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
first caller on the bills radio is already crying lmfao

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Benne posted:

Here are the official and correct Playoff Rooting Rankings, which is the only ranking that matters

Your Team

lol

Teams that haven't won a title yet

1. Bills
2. Vikings
3. Jaguars
4. Titans
5. Panthers
6. Eagles
7. Falcons

Meh, it's been a while

8. Chiefs
9. Rams
10. Saints

gently caress off you have enough titles already

11. Steelers
12. Patriots

If the Seahawks aren't in the mix then I want the Patriots to win every super bowl ever as long as Bill and Tom are there just so I can have plenty of angry internet posts to read.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
TENNESSEE IS GOING TO GIVE KANSAS CITY A BIG OLE L KC DON'T HAVE THE FRONT 7 TO GET TO HENRY BEFORE THE LOS HENRY WILL GET TO THE SECOND LEVEL LIKE REID GETTING TO A SANDWICH ALEX SMITH WON'T BE THEIR SAVING GRACE THIS YEAR HE THROWS SO SOFT THAT ANY SEPARATION THE CORNERS GIVE THE RECEIVERS WILL BE SWALLOWED UP AND INTERCEPTED INTO OBLIVION TITS BY 24

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Metapod posted:

TENNESSEE IS GOING TO GIVE KANSAS CITY A BIG OLE L KC DON'T HAVE THE FRONT 7 TO GET TO HENRY BEFORE THE LOS HENRY WILL GET TO THE SECOND LEVEL LIKE REID GETTING TO A SANDWICH ALEX SMITH WON'T BE THEIR SAVING GRACE THIS YEAR HE THROWS SO SOFT THAT ANY SEPARATION THE CORNERS GIVE THE RECEIVERS WILL BE SWALLOWED UP AND INTERCEPTED INTO OBLIVION TITS BY 24

This post best read in an 80s Coked Up Hulk Hogan voice.

Brother.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Metapod posted:

Heck, same.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Benne posted:

Teams that haven't won a title yet
1a. Bills
1b. Vikings
1c. Jaguars

IMO

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Marvin is saying after the game that now he wants to stay haha

gently caress off Marvin. Just leave on this hilarious note.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

This is correct

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want Jags Vikings because gently caress Quarterbacks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/flashg88dwin/status/947649822126776320

JFC I hope he takes the entire off-season and rests. That hit gave me soreness, headaches and memory loss just by watching it.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

korrandark posted:

gently caress off Marvin. Just leave on this hilarious note.

No, Marvin staying and Harbaugh being fired would actually put a smile on my face

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Here's every pass play from Mahomes today.

Feel free to judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-UWQgyRB4

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Alex Collins is awesome btw. For a second I almost started rooting for the Ravens again after that 4th down TD run.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chromatic posted:

Here's every pass play from Mahomes today.

Feel free to judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-UWQgyRB4

Still reminds me a lot of Kap, only younger and with Andy to learn from.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Racist

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

I don't really see a Kaep comparison. Mahomes seems like he sees the field a little better than Kaepernick did early on, although obviously he's got a long way to go and trusts his arm too much at times. Also Mahomes is quite obviously nowhere near the runner Colin was/is.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What if Jimmy G never loses a game?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

shirts and skins posted:

The NFC playoffs are going to be loving sweet. I'd be lying if I said I was happy the Hawks missed it, but it's objectively more entertaining without their waste of an offense. Go Vikings.

The AFC playoffs...yeesh. Go Bills, but I'm not hopeful.

As a Hawks fan it hurts to agree but this is true. The offense was so bad all year. Just... loving bad.

With that being said GO BILLS

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if Jimmy G never loses a game?

That would be pretty entertaining tbh

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

That would be pretty entertaining tbh

The Bill Goldberg of football

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/947627655490306051

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grittybeard posted:

I don't really see a Kaep comparison. Mahomes seems like he sees the field a little better than Kaepernick did early on, although obviously he's got a long way to go and trusts his arm too much at times. Also Mahomes is quite obviously nowhere near the runner Colin was/is.

His motion isn’t as bad, but still has that wind up + a cannon, is pretty much the extent of it. Basically just the way he throws.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I don't see the Kaep/Mahomes thing at all.

Mahomes really is honestly Favre-esque, especially when he does poo poo like huck it flat-footed with a dude draped on him or throwing a dime backpeddling. He's gonna be one of the best QBs in the league about when the last of the old QB guard retires and it's.. troubling.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

:)

I've grown up lucky and I deserve this.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Durandal1707 posted:

I don't see the Kaep/Mahomes thing at all.

Mahomes really is honestly Favre-esque, especially when he does poo poo like huck it flat-footed with a dude draped on him or throwing a dime backpeddling. He's gonna be one of the best QBs in the league about when the last of the old QB guard retires and it's.. troubling.

Kap’s QB inspiration growing up was Favre :eng101:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It almost seems like the Rams and Saints both laid down hoping to get the practical second round bye against Nick Foles. I think there's a better than usual chance they end up playing each other in the NFCCG though, so maybe not the best strategy for the Rams in particular who pretty much openly tanked their Week 17 game to get the 4 seed (but the Saints took it back by letting the loving Buccaneers drive like 90 yards on them)

Seems weird that both teams apparently want to play the Panthers. They're not going to win 3 straight playoff games but I'd be terrified of them in any one game

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
On one hand, I'm sad the Seahawks aren't in, but everything else went in a good way:

- Browns went 0-16
- Bills in, Ravens out
- GB isn't in (this was settled a couple weeks before but still)
- Dallas isn't in

I just really hope the AFC isn't a Patriots / Steelers finale.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Poor Kawalimus

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
now that we're in a bit of a vacuum waiting for first round of the ole playoffs, here's some thoughts from a first time NFL attendee

1) I really wasn't all that shocked by the TV time outs. In fact, they actually went by QUICKER inside the stadium. There's always some wild fucker dancing around while the music plays and it's easy to sort of lose yourself in the crowd waiting for the game to get back on. Way better than having to sit through commercials, and honestly less intrusive than TV timeouts at similar sports (such as hockey). Unfortunately, it was really easy to get absorbed in people watching, which leads me to my next point...

2) It's surprisingly easy to miss a play. There were a couple times where I swear I looked down during what I thought was a pause in play to adjust my boots, only to look up and watch the very tail end of a play. Without the audio cues that you get in the TV broadcast like the quarterback actually hiking the ball, there's really no good way to tell what's going on unless you're looking at the field. I realize that the whole point of going to the game is looking at the field, yes. I just couldn't help but laugh when I realized I'd just missed a whole play because I got distracted by a teenage kid taking his shirt off in the sub-zero wind chill.

3) As long as you prepare appropriately, the cold really isn't that bad. If that was the second coldest game ever played in New England, I'd be loving fine and dandy at basically every other game. My toes were getting a little numb towards the end of the 4th, but that's about it.

and

4) There's nothing like experiencing your team score a safety, at home, in person. That poo poo was electric.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Poor Kawalimus

He wanted this though

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Someone on Twitter brought up the interesting point that Gruden was supposed to do in depth practice/production sessions with the Chiefs for their WC game (since its on ESPN), wonder if that will change

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

3) As long as you prepare appropriately, the cold really isn't that bad.

Truth. I went to the MIN v SEA playoff game that was -25 windchill, with enough layers it wasn't that bad.

The worst part was setting my drink down for a minute and it had started to freeze.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

OxySnake posted:

Truth. I went to the MIN v SEA playoff game that was -25 windchill, with enough layers it wasn't that bad.

The worst part was setting my drink down for a minute and it had started to freeze.

The coldest I've ever been was about 25 degrees and I was pretty cold

I cannot imagine fifty degrees colder than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

OxySnake posted:

dude next to me had a bud light where the liquid was actually freezing to the sides of the cup as he was drinking it. it was totally loving bizarre to watch happen

• Locked thread