Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

My 2nd favorite player of all time joining my favorite player of all time on the same team? God yes

What if MJ coached?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

He'd probably not be a very good coach.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Aren't amazing athletes usually bad coaches? The only exception i can think of is Sadaharu Oh.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SteelAngel2000. What kind of sports situations can I conjure up that will make you cum.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

He'd probably not be a very good coach.

He'd be terrible, but MJ coaching Lebron and Kawhi is something I have needed in my life since like 5 seconds ago!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

SteelAngel2000. What kind of sports situations can I conjure up that will make you cum.

Brett Favre playing quarterback for the San Diego Chargers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the gofundme is live. I'm going to see it

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seiferguy posted:

Aren't amazing athletes usually bad coaches? The only exception i can think of is Sadaharu Oh.

Yeah, truly top tier players like MJ are almost always terrible coaches, since the stuff that came naturally to them most likely isn't gonna be easy for anybody else. Also, MJ was competitive to the point of sociopathy, so that doesn't help.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
MJ single-handedly broke Kwame Brown and he never recovered

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, truly top tier players like MJ are almost always terrible coaches, since the stuff that came naturally to them most likely isn't gonna be easy for anybody else. Also, MJ was competitive to the point of sociopathy, so that doesn't help.

I'd imagine some of the more cerebral stuff could be coached. Jerry Rice I think could make a good WR coach since his game was so predicated on route running. That can be taught, unlike someone like Moss going "be faster and jump higher than everyone"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a neat cape posted:

I'd imagine some of the more cerebral stuff could be coached. Jerry Rice I think could make a good WR coach since his game was so predicated on route running. That can be taught, unlike someone like Moss going "be faster and jump higher than everyone"

Rice, possibly, if they buy into his insane training.

Also, while I don't know this, I assume Rice would punish himself by catching balls and running routes for every ball he dropped.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rice had a really insane workout regiment that I think he talked about was due to never getting the approval of his father.

Like he'd just run up a hill with a tire tied to himself over and over and over again

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ichiro would probably be the worst coach. Dude is so unorthodox and literally everyone says to not follow his style because it only works for him.

He, too, like Jerry Rice has a crazy regiment. His dad made him hit 50 baseballs everyday as a kid.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Rice's game was all about the crafty routes when he was old as hell and still catching 100 passes a year, but when he was young he was a loving burner no one could keep up with, too. His 40 time was unimpressive but in pads no one could catch him. Sometime in the late 80s Ralph Wiley wrote about Rice, "He has three gears: fast, very fast, and gone."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

Rice had a really insane workout regiment that I think he talked about was due to never getting the approval of his father.

Like he'd just run up a hill with a tire tied to himself over and over and over again

Yeah, the only other insane training I've heard that matches Rice's is Kurt Angle's when he was training for the '96 Olympics.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I hope Philip Rivers teaches his son his wonky delivery and in 15 years Gunner Rivers is a 1st round pick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, the only other insane training I've heard that matches Rice's is Kurt Angle's when he was training for the '96 Olympics.

Herschel Walker did (and still does apparently) some really insane poo poo.

It might have messed up his career since he wouldn't let himself heal after injury.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Rice, the NFL apparently put all the vids for the Top 100 Players of All Time on Youtube. Gruden sounds batshit insane in normal conversation, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWHXUWP99bM

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

Herschel Walker did (and still does apparently) some really insane poo poo.

It might have messed up his career since he wouldn't let himself heal after injury.

Man, if there was ever an "American Athlete Hall of Fame", Herschel, Jim Thorpe, and Bo Jackson would be the first class.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

I hope Philip Rivers teaches his son his wonky delivery and in 15 years Gunner Rivers is a 1st round pick
Same because "Gunner Rivers" is the perfect loving name for a quarterback

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

AB is the heir to this. He works out 3x/day, including getting up at 2am to work out, then go back to bed. His social media accounts detail every workout

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

AB is the heir to this. He works out 3x/day, including getting up at 2am to work out, then go back to bed. His social media accounts detail every workout

Can confirm. I honestly stopped following him on Social Media because he is just CONSTANTLY posting workout and rehab videos.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

a neat cape posted:

After all this poo poo Spanos has pulled recently would that kid want to play for that guy?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

b0ng posted:

After all this poo poo Spanos has pulled recently would that kid want to play for that guy?

He's taken care of his Dad pretty well.

And I don't mean I'd want him to play for the Chargers, just in the league

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

a neat cape posted:

He did, they showed a clip of him during a Chargers game (I think last week) throwing a bomb side by side with his dads throw and their deliveries are identical.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

Heisman winner and National Championship winning coach Steve Spurrier would like to have a talk with you.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

piss tape israel posted:

MJ single-handedly broke Kwame Brown and he never recovered

tbf i think having the best player in your sport's history constantly screaming at you and calling you a human being would break down just about anyone.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Randaconda posted:

Speaking of Rice, the NFL apparently put all the vids for the Top 100 Players of All Time on Youtube. Gruden sounds batshit insane in normal conversation, btw.

Pro-loving click right here.

Jerry Rice
Jim Brown
Lawrence Taylor
Joe Montana
Walter Payton
Johnny Unitas

Good stuff.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jerry rice couldnt get 1400 yards with john skelton throwing to him

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Randaconda posted:

A list that had Peyton Manning at #8 and Tom Brady at #21 can not be taken seriously. Even Brett Favre was #20.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah that's way to high for Brady.

30 tops.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

A list that had Peyton Manning at #8 and Tom Brady at #21 can not be taken seriously. Even Brett Favre was #20.

The numbers are kinda dumb but some of these are great. Like the Deacon Jones clip where he talks about how a sack is like "you put all the offensive players in one bag and I just take a baseball bat and beat on the bag".

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Also Strahan is great in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV8WSF2YW0U

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"I'm bitter! You were too good!"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GaussianCopula posted:

It was made in 2010 or something.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sean10mm posted:

It was made in 2010 or something.

3 > 1

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GaussianCopula posted:

I agree, that's really generous to a system quarterback like Brady. Hell, even Matt Cassell could win in that scheme.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

GaussianCopula posted:

Agreed. Tom Brady is around the 30th best QB all time, so he should be a lot lower for overall NFL players.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

MrLogan posted:

Agreed. Tom Brady is around the 30th best QB all time, so he should be a lot lower for overall NFL players.

1/10, transparent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Is there any subset of posters on this forum more sensitive than Pats fans? Is that even possible?

• Locked thread